[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fresh evidence the Russia ‘scandal’ is a Team Obama operation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 1

File: 1479738693194.jpg (1MB, 2000x1340px) Image search: [Google]
1479738693194.jpg
1MB, 2000x1340px
Do you suspect that the noise over Trump campaign contacts with the Russians is just a political hit arranged by Obama insiders before they left? You got fresh evidence of that Monday, with news that then-national security adviser Susan Rice was behind the “unmasking” of Trumpites in transcripts of calls with Russian officials.

Again, nothing on the public record so far shows that anyone on Team Trump said anything improper on those calls.

It’s no surprise that US spooks intercept foreign officials’ calls. But intelligence community reports don’t disclose the names of US citizens on the other end. To get that info, a high official must (but rarely does) push to “unmask” the Americans’ names.

Bloomberg’s Eli Lake now reports that Rice started doing just that last year.

That was perfectly legal. But we also know that the Obama administration later changed the classification of the “unmasked” transcripts, and other similar material, in order to spread the information as widely as possible within the government.

The motive for that was (supposedly) to prevent Team Trump from burying it all once it took over. But the result was that it made it relatively safe for someone (or someones) to leak the info to the press.

Which made it likely somebody would leak. So Team Obama’s “spread the info” initiative certainly broke the spirit of the laws.

Those leaks have produced a nagging political sore for the new administration — leading to the ouster of national security adviser Michael Flynn, helping to drive down President Trump’s approval ratings and making it harder for him to push his program through.

http://nypost.com/2017/04/03/fresh-evidence-the-russia-scandal-is-a-team-obama-operation/
>>
Rice certainly wasn’t politically naive about the political uses of intelligence information. She was, after all, the Obama official who famously made the rounds spouting the false “Our intel says it was about the video” line on the Benghazi attack back during the 2012 campaign.

All of this puts the actions of House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes in clearer perspective. After viewing the Rice requests at the White House, he disclosed that Trump officials had been caught up in incidental surveillance.

All of which is a reminder that two issues are in play here: Russian meddling in the election, about which the nation already knows plenty — and the Obama team’s efforts to sabotage Team Trump.
>>
wtf does "Russia meddling in the election" mean and why is this viewed as inherently a bad thing by so many
>>
So "team Trump"'s argument boils down to this:
There might be political motivations behind the dissemination of this information.

I am confused. How does this take away from the urgency or of the information? How does it make a scandal into a "scandal"? The information is real. The fact that it was illegally leaked changes nothing about the information itself. To be outraged about the leaks but not the information is hypocrisy.

>>128447
Sovereign states usually don't like other states interfering with their internal civic affairs. It's basically an act of bad faith.

Of course, the US did much of this themselves, installing and toppling governments at will in other countries, but that doesn't take away from the fact that doing this shit is fundamentally anti-democratic.
>>
>>128448
Fair enough but how having a meeting with a foreign power construed into said foreign power "meddling with elections"?
>>
>>128449
The meddling was the selective hacking/release of damaging (but authentic!) information on one team only. At least that's the only thing the public knows about.

One could also make the case that there was a big pro-Trump (or anti-Clinton) propaganda operation orchestrated by Russian state-backed actors. Shit like RT is only the tip of the tip of the iceberg. The Russian foreign propaganda network is real and it's fucking huge, I see this all the time in the German-speaking internet. There's a shit ton of super shady "news blogs" with dead drop addresses who spread anything from anti-corporate/anti-Western conspiracy theories to chemtrail stories. All while painting a very flattering picture of Russia.
>>
>>128451
How many layers of conspiracy theory are you on fella?
>>
>>128451
There's no proof that Russia is the culprit behind the leaks and there's no proof the purpose of this meeting is to conspire about the election, but the rest of that is generally true
I still am puzzled as to why everyone is obsessed with this story.
Like, if someone is trying to smear Trump, there are better ways to do it
>>
>>128451
> Oh look this candidate is being targeted for her incompetence and criminal activity
It must be ze Russians
>>
>>128454
>no proof that Russia is the culprit
No public proof. I'm pretty sure that if one were able to look behind the scenes, Russian involvement (less direct than most people might imagine, but still definitely tangible - think freelance hackers hired/granted inofficial protection from prosecution etc) would be rather obvious.

As to why democrats and other anti-Trump people are latching onto this rather than onto Trump's glaringly obvious incompetence and the fact that his Administration is filled to the brim with questionable types, I have no idea. They probably figured that targeting his very concrete and real shortcomings has no point since no one appears to care. Can't blame them.

>>128457
If you think Hillary Clinton has anything on Trump in terms of incompetence, I don't even want to know where your head is at. Seriously, the guy can hardly speak in complete sentences.
>>
>>128458
Assange views himself as a contrarian. Basically, he said that there are already organizations that expose Russian corruption, so Wikileaks doing the same thing would be redundant, plus, nobody speaks Russian on his staff
>>
>>128453
It sounds crazy, up until you read about the Cold War. The Russians aren't necessarily even that good at it either, certainly not as good as the Soviet Union. The difference is is that our society is more ignorant and fractured, and shit like the internet now exists. Russia targets both the left and right (Calexit, a liberal proposition, was traced back to Russia and Stein was roundly shat upon by the international Green Movement for talking about how good and noble Putin was), compared to the Soviets who were genuinely pushing their Communist ideology.
>>
>>128458
Jesus you're so biased that hurts. Must be sad holding on to your little Russian fantasy to avoid realizing that you and your political views sucks. Maybe trying pulling your head out of your ass would help huh?
>>
>>128460
>It's the Russians I swear mom. Gawd why won't anyone believe me?
>>
>>128462
We put out propaganda, so does Russia. How is this so difficult to comprehend?
>>
>>128459
I don't think Assange is a "Russian puppet" or something like that. I think they just give him information because they know he will publish it unedited.

>>128461
Sorry, not everyone can be as unbiased and objective as yourself.
>>
CNN host John King implied on Tuesday that former Obama administration official Susan Rice was not being genuine during her interview with Andrea Mitchell on MSNBC. Rice denied accusations that she sought several times to "unmask" the names of Trump transition team members in the intelligence reports.

After showing a segment of the interview, King began the panel discussion.

"Not to be a jerk here, but will the real Susan Rice please stand up?" King quipped.

"Yeah the second part of that on MSNBC is a perfectly logical explanation of how unmasking works. The problem is the previous comment in which she denies any knowledge of it," Olivier Knox of Yahoo News chimed in.

"Welcome to the witness list," King added, presumably referring to the witness list belonging to the House and Senate Intelligence Committees who are currently conducting a wide-ranging investigation on Russia.
http://freebeacon.com/politics/john-king-will-the-real-susan-rice-please-stand-up/
>>
>>128459
He also said that Russia is an open and vibrant society, especially when compared to the West.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH0akjRDJsY

Susan Rice Refuses to Deny Trump ‘Unmasking’ Requests — Despite Claiming Ignorance Just Weeks Ago

Former White House National Security Advisor to President Obama, Susan Rice, appeared on Andrea Mitchell Reports on Tuesday in her first interview since news broke that she was allegedly involved in the “unmasking” requests of Trump campaign and transition officials. Eli Lake reported for Bloomberg News on Monday that Rice was behind the requests to unmask the identities of members of the Trump transition team inadvertently caught up in intelligence signals intercepts.

From almost the outset of the interview, Rice did not make an effort to deny that she was involved in requests to unmask the identities of Americans inadvertently caught up in intelligence signals intercepts. However, she refused to disclose the identities of any of the individuals who were unmasked, saying it would be a violation of classification laws to do so. Furthermore, she denied that any of it was done for political purposes or as part of a coordinated effort to target the Trump transition team.

“The allegation is that somehow the Obama administration officials utilized intelligence for political purposes, ” Rice told Andrea Mitchell. “That’s absolutely false.”

Yet, Rice did acknowledge that sometimes after receiving “masked” reports, it would be necessary to find out the identity of the American citizen in order to make the report more useful. It was those instances, she said, a request would be made to “unmask” the American’s identity. She then provided a rather generic hypothetical of how it may have happened.
http://lawnewz.com/video/susan-rice-wont-deny-trump-unmasking-requests-despite-claiming-ignorance-just-weeks-ago/
>>
>>128458
>If you think Hillary Clinton has anything on Trump in terms of incompetence, I don't even want to know where your head is at. Seriously, the guy can hardly speak in complete sentences.
The campaign is over.

The mega billionaire beat all odds and became president, a great act of charity. If you don't like or understand this, thats your personal shit to deal with. You can stop pretending hes some evil retard at any time, we're all waiting for normal conversation to come back, you fucking tool.
>>
“Let me give you just a hypothetical example,” Rice said. “Lets say there was a conversation between two foreigners, about a conversation they were having with an American, who was proposing to sell to them high-tech bomb making equipment.”

She explained it would be necessary to find out the identity of the American to see if he was a legitimate threat or just some “kook.”

Nonetheless, the significant fact remains that Rice acknowledged involvement in the “unmasking” process and review of phone calls that included the names of American citizens. After all, it was just two weeks ago that Rice appeared on PBS and seemed to deny that she had any idea about recent reports then from Congressman Devin Nunes of California that suggested that he had viewed transcripts that showed top officials in the Obama administration appeared to have caught up incidental surveillance on Trump transition officials.

“What I’ve read seems to be some level of surveillance activity, perhaps legal, but I don’t know that it’s right and I don’t know if the American people would be comfortable with what I’ve read,” Nunes told reporters a few weeks ago.

In response to Nunes claims, Rice was interviewed on PBS and seemed completely taken aback by the implications and even suggested that Nunes was merely peddling falsehoods related to alleged “wiretapping” of Trump Tower by the Obama administration.

“I know nothing about this,” Rice said of Nunes remarks in the PBS interview. “I was surprised to see reports from Chairman Nunes on that count today.”

She then went into criticizing President Trump over his tweets that suggested Obama had his “wires tapped” at Trump Tower during the campaign and transition.
>>
She also added, “So, today, I really don’t know to what Chairman Nunes was referring, but he said that whatever he was referring to was a legal, lawful surveillance, and that it was potentially incidental collection on American citizens.”

WATCH:
Unlike her flat out denial two weeks ago, the answers Rice provided today to Andrea Mitchell seem to square somewhat with Nunes initial allegations — that perhaps legal and lawful surveillance conducted by the Obama administration likely included American citizens incidentally swept up in the intel dragnet.

So, it would appear that Rice is now rapidly changing her story as more facts continue to come out about what really took place in the final months of the Obama administration, related to potential surveillance, even initially incidental, of members of the Trump transition team.
>>
>>128471
> Look how incompetent he is.
> He just built a billion worth company from the ground up
> Lowered the National debt in 3 billion
> Stopped Illegal Immigration in 64% in his first month
> Created thousand of jobs
> Slashed Refugee flow
> Raised Exports balancing the trade gap
> Raised small business optimism in 30%
> Defeated the media and the establishment in a historical landslide victory
> He's not a intellectual art student like me
Liberal Mindset
>>
>>128479
He's literally doing all this for free as well

>>128474 :)
>>
Oh look, the third damage control thread.
Here's the other two:
>>128102
>>128336

Also, I'll just leave this here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections
>>
>>128482
>Wikipedia
go back to rεddit.
>>
>>128484
I would buy I don't like trumpcucks. /r/thedonald took over.
>>
>>128494
I doubt they took over the whole site please go back to your homeland 4chan is full
>>
>>128482
>Oh look, the third damage control thread.
These aren't the Seychelles threads conveniently popping up to cover up the Obama-Rice scandal and the NY Times sitting on the Obama-Rice scandal story itself for 48 hours while Obama hides in Tahiti.
>>
>>128497
No they really did, but you already knew that because you're one of them.

>>128498
The Rice distraction isn't working, friend. You're going to have to come up with more evidence besides her requesting to unmask someone and being turned down by Mike Rogers.

In all that time you're spending circlejerking about this big nothingburger, more and more Russian connections with Trump's campaign are being exposed.
>>
>>128502
Incorrect rεddit is cancer I have been exclusively on 4chan since 2005
>>
>>128505
That's funny because you talk just like them.
>>
>>128506
Talk like what /pol/? those faggots are the ones who brought cancer like you and trumptards in the first place gtfo stop ruining /news/
>>
>>128502
>>No they really did, but you already knew that because you're one of them.
>EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME AND DOESN'T ACCEPT THE SEYCHELLES MEME AS FACT IS A DRUGEBOT TRUMPKIN R/DONALD PUTINSHILL

>The Rice distraction isn't working, friend.
It's not a distraction. it's cold hard facts that Rice had lied about twice now on national TV.

>You're going to have to come up with more evidence besides her requesting to unmask someone and being turned down by Mike Rogers.
Repeatedly requesting to unmask said information while acting under orders from Obama with the intent of disseminating/leaking said information to the press during election season*
FTFY

>In all that time you're spending circlejerking about this big nothingburger, more and more Russian connections with Trump's campaign are being exposed.
>Anything remotely connected to Russia we find within the past 20 years proves the Russian connection and election interference we spent all last year saying was an impossibility while we thought we were winning.

All of this to prevent Obama's legacy from it's continued decline into Nixon levels of outright criminality. Sad!
>>
>>128507
/pol/ talks like /r/the_donald because /pol/ is /r/the_donald.
>>
>>128509
duh which is why /pol/ was a mistake they brought people like you here along with annoying middle age angry trumptards.
>>
>>128508
>It's not a distraction. it's cold hard facts that
Yes, it is a distraction from the Eric Prince story, mainly. That's what's most damning to Trump.
>Rice had lied about twice now on national TV.
Lied about what? When is it going to get through your thick head that she literally did not ever have the power to do what you are alleging she did? It is not in her job description to order the unmasking of anyone for any reason. For her to have done so she would need approval from either The Justice Department or the NSC, neither of which she got.

Keep spinning her failed requests into "She spied on Trump OMG!!!11" though, it just makes you look like you're grasping at straws all the more.
>>
>>128509
>>128510
>>128507
>WAHHHHHH ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WHIT ME IS A TRUMPKIN
>WAHHHHHH /NEWS/ IS MY SAFE SPACE FROM PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE WITH ME
>WAHHHHHH /POL/ ARE THE SHILLS DESPITE /NEWS/ BEING USED AS A BASE FOR PEOPLE WHO SPAM /NEWS/ TO TRY AND RAID /POL/ WHICH IS WHY LINKS TO /NEWS/ THREADS POSTED ON /POL/ SHOW UP AS BEING DEAD DESPITE THE THREADS STILL BEING ACTIVE
>WAHHHHHH SLIDE THE THREAD
>WAHHHHHH PRETEND TO BE CONSERVATIVE AND MAKE UNNECESSARILY VIOLENT POSTS
>WAHHHHHH ThEY'RE GONNA SHUT DOWN ARE SHILL BOARD BECAUSE WE'RE NOT EFFECTIVE AND OUR SHARBLUE SUPERVISOR JUST SHAKES HIS HEAD AT US WHEN WE POST
>>
>>128484
>>Wikipedia
>go back to rεddit.

Why? Is Wikipedia banned here?
What's the connection with Reddit anyway?
Is this just a meme? Have I missed the joke?

Can someone please explain?
>>
>>128513
Wikipedia isn't banned here. That's just what trumpcucks say when they conveniently want to ignore evidence of something.
>>
>>128514
Why did he put the funny Greek letter in Reddit?
Is that part of the meme/insult?
>>
>>128515
I can only speculate that he thinks it's still wordfiltered globally on 4chan. It was for a time a year or so ago.
>>
>>128511
>Yes, it is a distraction from the Eric Prince story, mainly. That's what's most damning to Trump.
All of the spamming and attempts to force this meme, and zero explanation how Seychelles means anything, at all, other than an alleged report of meeting. Nothing confirmed at all, all "according third party/according to officials nonsense" designed to look incriminating in lieu of actual evidence or explanation.

>Lied about what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH0akjRDJsY
"I KNOW NOTHING, I SEE NOTHING"

>When is it going to get through your thick head that she literally did not ever have the power to do what you are alleging she did?
Commit felonies? Oh yes she did.

Michael Doran, former NSC senior director:
>“somebody blew a hole in the wall between national security secrets and partisan politics. This was a stream of information that was supposed to be hermetically sealed from politics and the Obama administration found a way to blow a hole in that wall.
>That’s a felony, and you can get 10 years for that. It is a tremendous abuse of the system. We’re not supposed to be monitoring American citizens. Bigger than the crime, is the breach of public trust.”

>It is not in her job description to order the unmasking of anyone for any reason.
Obfuscating. She didn't order the unmasking, she requested it while under orders for Obama who wanted to disseminate/leak it to the press and Clinton campaign.

>Keep spinning her failed requests into "She spied on Trump OMG!!!11" though
Again, she did not spy on Trump, no one is saying that. She attempted, under orders from Obama, to leak information obtained from incidentally spying on Trump.

Please try harder, it's amusing.
>>
>>128514
> Libtard
> Accusing anyone anyone of ignoring evidence
Oh I am laffing
>>
>>128515
gο βαck το ®εδδιτ
>>
>>128513
>>128514
>>128515
See>>128531
>>
>>128519
>Don't look at the Seychelles story! nothing to see here! Everything is fine!
I didn't know or care until I saw so much damage control like this over it.
>>
>>128574
>Don't look at the Susan Rice story! nothing to see here! Everything is fine!
I didn't know or care until I saw so much damage control like this over it.

:^)
>>
Again with this shit.

I don't care if North Korea was involed; both the democrats and the republicans are shills to the multinational corporations that wanted to use us to enrich themselves.

I wanted congress to focus on Soros, Koch, and other Philanthropists that funded the lobbying groups for both parties.
>>
>>128597
Still waiting for you to prove the Eric Prince story wrong and stop trying to distract people with the Susan Rice non-story about her failed unmasking requests.
>>
>>128607
>I wanted congress to focus on Soros, Koch, and other Philanthropists that funded the lobbying groups for both parties.
Oh look, an idealist. You never see one of those on 4chan for long. They get jaded so quickly nowadays!
>>
>>128609
How long do you think it will take to red pill this fresh off the boat?
>>
>>128607
America could use some campaign finance and lobbying reform for real. Not the alibi bullshit Trump did either, real reform is called for.

I still have a little hope that Trump will somehow lead to more civic minded government and less money in politics. Something's gotta give.
>>
>>128652
Any poll that has ever been done agrees with you there, Anon, but there is little incentive for those in the system to change the system. The pressure isn't there.
>>
>>128453
>conspiracy

Not one to hop on the /x/ kool-aid but Russia's info war tactics are well documented and known. East Europe gets hit with it hard.
>>
>>128666
Fuck slavs they can burn in hell.
>>
>>128508
>EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME AND DOESN'T ACCEPT THE SEYCHELLES MEME AS FACT IS A DRUGEBOT TRUMPKIN R/DONALD PUTINSHILL
And this right after accusing anyone who disagrees with you of being le reddit outsider.

You're probably not even being ironic and are completely blind to your hypocrisy. Sad!
>>
>>128607
>both the democrats and the republicans are shills to the multinational corporations that wanted to use us to enrich themselves.
Bernie wasn't, that was one of the biggest things people supported him for https://youtu.be/Lv7iflHYx_E?t=35m
>>128609
>>128644
I've been in this dump for 8 years and I've managed to avoid drinking the /pol/ kool-aid, so I can confirm that there are at least some of us here with the integrity to avoid falling for reactionary bullshit.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.