[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump campaign adviser met with Russian intel operative

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

http://hosted2.ap.org/APDEFAULT/3d281c11a96b4ad082fe88aa0db04305/Article_2017-04-03-US--Trump-Russia/id-8a24704d9e7c4b7f820d2552160b4a68

>WASHINGTON (AP) — A foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump's presidential campaign met with a Russian intelligence operative in 2013 and provided him documents about the energy industry, according to court filings.

>The Russian, Victor Podobnyy, was one of three men charged in connection with a Cold War-style Russian spy ring. According to the court documents, Podobnyy tried to recruit Carter Page, an energy consultant working in New York at the time, as an intelligence source. Page is referred to in the filing as "Male-1."

>Page briefly served as a foreign policy adviser to Trump's campaign, though he split from the campaign before the election and the White House says the president has no relationship with him. He's among the Trump associates under scrutiny as the FBI and congressional committees investigate Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

>When contacted Monday by The Associated Press, Page said he was not available for comment. He confirmed to BuzzFeed News, which first reported on the filings, that he was "Male-1."

>Trump has vigorously denied that he or his associates were in contact with Russia during the election. He's blasted the focus on his possible Russia ties as a "ruse" and has insisted that the real story is the leaking of information to the media and allegations that he and his associates were improperly surveilled by the Obama administration.

>The court filings include a transcript of Podobnyy speaking with Igor Sporyshev, who was also charged in the spy ring, about Page.

>The officials said Prince presented himself as an unofficial envoy for the president-elect to high-ranking Emiratis involved in setting up his meeting with the Putin confidant, the Post reported. The officials did not identify the Russian.
>>
The plot thickens.
>>
I like how part of the article is sourced from buzzfeed and the rest relies on conjecture
>>
>>128943
what's wrong with buzzfeed. that's what i thought nothing
back to /pol/
>>
>>129025
> What's wrong with buzzfeed
Jesus, the state of /news/.
>>
>>129026
the circle jerk known as pol is that way. you're free to leave any time
>>
>>129026
>> What's wrong with buzzfeed
>Jesus, the state of /news/.
Did you read the story or just believe this guy >>128943
when he tries to play it down like a classic Trump shill?

>When contacted Monday by The Associated Press, Page said he was not available for comment. He confirmed to BuzzFeed News, which first reported on the filings, that he was "Male-1."

This seem to be the only connection to Buzzfeed in the whole story.
Admittedly only half the story is about this Page character.

>Page's contacts with Podobnyy happened about three years before Trump listed him as a foreign policy adviser to the campaign. Trump and his advisers have been vague about how Page became connected with the campaign.
>The court filings include a transcript of Podobnyy speaking with Igor Sporyshev, who was also charged in the spy ring, about Page.
>"I like that he takes on everything," Podobnyy says. "For now his enthusiasm works for me. I also promised him a lot."

You get a 2 for 1 with the second half repeating the salient details from this story:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/trump-campaign-adviser-met-with-russian-intel-operative/2017/04/03/db4a27de-18c8-11e7-8598-9a99da559f9e_story.html
>>
>>129038
sorry wrong link

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/blackwater-founder-held-secret-seychelles-meeting-to-establish-trump-putin-back-channel/2017/04/03/95908a08-1648-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html
>>
>>129026
>Right wing news source (alt news)
Must be fake, bullshit right wing propganda
>Left wing newsource (mainstream)
They must be legit
>>
>>129252
Go peddle your alternative facts on /pol/. This board is for mainstream news.
>>
>>129254
>Guy believes in different things
Get outta here! This place is for conformed thought!
>>
>>129255
Read the sticky faggot. This place is for fact, not alternative fact.
>>
>>129256
> fact
All I see is a leftist circlejerk sharing their shitty unreliable sources to reassure themselves.
>>
>>129269
Well I'm sorry that mainstream news triggers you so but that's kind of the point of the board. Adapt or die.
>>
>>129254
fag
>>
>>129252
Nice strawman faggot
>>
>>129272
>the guy who can't get enough Trumpcock is calling me a fag
Oh that's rich.
>>
>US informing Russia about their strike in Syria
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.