[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

no privacy & "republicans"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 0

https://tytnetwork.com/2017/03/29/republicans-vote-to-sell-your-internet-browser-history-to-the-highest-bidder/
and CNN

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/28/technology/house-internet-privacy-repeal/

If they're going to be selling product we generate for them for free. Should we get either paid for that product, or should they make internet free so we don't have many rights other than not using their ISP.
>>
Yea, they really sold us out

>The 265 members of Congress who sold you out to ISPs, and how much it cost to buy them
https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/29/15100620/congress-fcc-isp-web-browsing-privacy-fire-sale

Members who own AT&T Inc shares: 42
Members who own Comcast Corp shares: 30
Members who own Verizon Communications shares: 40
Sauce: opensecrets.org

This will enable the government to spy on everyone LEGALLY without having to bother with courts or warrants.

It's not just a "republican" problem.
Democrats only protected net neutrality because of public outrage.
Neither side is the peoples ally, they just convence people that that "the other side is so bad that you should ally with us"
Both sides screw us.

Likely this thread will either slide or be bombarded by ISP or Government shills.
>https://theintercept.com/2014/02/24/jtrig-manipulation/
>>
>>128165
>Democrats only protected net neutrality because of public outrage.
That's a little disingenuous, Anon. Net neutrality is part of the Democrat party platform. Meanwhile, the GOP says net neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet because regulations on the free market = bad, no matter what.
>>
>>128166
>>Democrats only protected net neutrality because of public outrage.
>That's a little disingenuous, Anon. Net neutrality is part of the Democrat party platform.

Plus, at the end of the day Dems defended NN and privacy altogether, whereas the GOP even managed to convince its Randroids to sell out for raw cash.
>>
>>128152
you have no reason to fear if you did nothing wrong friend,
>>
>>128166
oh, pull your head out of your ass
>>
>>128213
The party platform doesn't lie. The democrats have positioned themselves as the party of net neutrality whether they deserve the title or not.
>>
>>128209
>you have no reason to fear if you did nothing wrong friend,
So why does Agent Orange refuse to release his tax returns like every other presidential candidate? He has nothing to fear if he did nothing wrong :^)
>>
>>128220
I agree I'm not him though.
>>
Haha, Trump has been the greatest thing to happen in my lifetime. Liberals keep crying, I keep keking.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/327107-trump-signs-internet-privacy-repeal

How does it feel to lose so hard now, huh? Bet you're liking these past couple months like we like the past 8 years. Payback is a bitch.
>>
>>128209
thats the sort of bullshit that gets you strung up from a lamppost with piano wire, friend.
>>
>>128247
>How does it feel to lose so hard now, huh?
We're all losing, and you're just laughing at people's reasonable distress.
Show me on the doll where the bad liberal majority touched you, Anon.
>>
>>128253
Are you implying something anon?
>>
>>128247
I love it when daddy Trump takes my rights away!

You'd let yourself be cucked by corporations just to spite liberals.
>>
>>128256
His wallet
>>
>>128257
History did that for him.
>>
>>128261
Whose history yours or mine?
>>
>>128262
Human history, dumbass. He's referring to Mussolini.
>>
>>128270
You mean that dead guy Trump likes to quote on twitter?
>>
>>128247
Spoken like a man who thinks liberal tears taste like oligarch dick.
>>
>>128166
What was the party split on SOPA? I don't recall it being discussed much.
>>
>>128281
The SOPA vote proved that for as much as the GOP rails against Hollywood, the entertainment lobby is alive and well in both parties. But that was more about intellectual property law on the internet than it was about the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US_Congresspersons_who_support_or_oppose_SOPA/PIPA
>>
>>128258
The left wants to take some of my rights away, the right wants to take some other rights away

The game is choosing which rights you feel like you can justify losing if they do manage to take some away

Both sides are attacking rights I hold dear
>>
>>128284
So what happens when corporations take away your rights and the only one who can stop them is the government?

What happens when corporations buy out the government?

It isn't all corporations that are inherently evil. All it takes is the proverbial few bad apples for us all to suffer though.
>>
>>128285
Well eventually I'll probably just off myself if it gets that bad

In the meantime, all I can do is support whatever side is threatening less of the rights I care about
>>
>>128285
Corporations can only get that bad with the aid of government. If there was no government, or if businesses ran our society, then this would not be a problem.
>>
>>128286
It's that bad right now, kid. It's been that bad since before all the people alive right now were born, and I'm not talking tinfoil jewluminati conspiracies, really demonstrably bad. But cheer up emo kid, there is hope. Don't off yourself like a pussy, why not go for the gold and make things better for future generations and fight in your own little way as you are able. Whether that means simply voting or trolling politicians on twitter or commenting on FoxNews or even urban terrorism, whatever, it's up to you to decide. You should be the change you want to see.
>>
>>128288
>the free market can police itself
1929 called, they want their meme back.
>>
>>128247

>hahaha YES i just absolutely LOVE getting RAMMED up the ass by the GOP i voted for

2/10
>>
>>128288
>Corporations can only get that bad with the aid of government. If there was no government, or if businesses ran our society, then this would not be a problem.

True, we'd have much, much bigger problems. Like having no rights whatsoever.
>>
>>128247
>Bet you're liking these past couple months like we like the past 8 years. Payback is a bitch.
"Payback" for what exactly? The only thing I can think of that Obama did that might harm the average American is health insurance rates increasing under the ACA, but even in that case people seem to forget that insurance costs were increasing MORE before the ACA and that many Republican politicians deliberately refused federal funding for it in order to drive up costs in their states
>>128284
>Both sides are attacking rights I hold dear
>>128286
>In the meantime, all I can do is support whatever side is threatening less of the rights I care about
May I ask what rights you feel the Dems are going after exactly? The only major thing I can reasonably think of is gun control, and even in that case its not a party-wide consensus, Bernie was fairly pro-gun, for example.
Don't get me wrong here, both parties have problems- they're both full of corporate shills that will eagerly sell out the working class, but I feel like that problem applies to a far bigger portion of the Republicans than the Democrats. It seems far more productive to support the genuine left-wing portion of the Dems like Sanders and Warren than to support people who actively work against people's rights and health like most of the Republicans, IMO.
>>
>>128311
The left isn't overly fond of free speach that's "offensive", but honestly I really hate this right/left rep/dem bullshit. They're both fucked.
>>
>>128355
>The left isn't overly fond of free speach that's "offensive"
Leftist here. I think you've mistaken the twitterati for actual leftists. Most of the stand-up comedians in this country are leftists, they tell horribly nasty and raunchy jokes, and they aren't getting silenced anytime soon. Some even use the word 'nigger' unironically and don't get booed for it.

I don't make the mistake of thinking the Fox News All Stars represent anywhere close to all republicans, and you shouldn't make the mistake of thinking the activists on twitter represent all democrats.
>>
>>128311
>health insurance rates increasing under the ACA

Most Americans' rates, for those purchasing care independently, went down immediately after ACA. Those insured by employers who see the exact amount deducted from their paychecks may or may not have seen rate decreases depending on company size and spread (i.e. whether the negotiate insurance rates independently). Also, various states sponsored their own high-risk pools that were previously 100% unaffordable -- those rates dropped to affordable, e.g. in IL $2000/mo to $200/mo.

And yes, the offensive speech and safe space stuff is a meme that, even if a Dem candidate spent their whole campaign talking about it, is utterly unenforceable. For local restrictions on hate speech specifically, as many GOP as Dems will vote for such legislation, but they all tend to be struck down by state or federal courts if challenged.
>>
>>128359
Forgive me for thinking that when there are riots over speakers at college campuses, that people have a serious issue with free speech. Free speech is only meaningful if you can defend it for people you disagree with. Both sides have had their issues with it, right now I, personally, am seeing a lot from the left. Anything that doesn't promote their party line of "gays and trans people are 10/10 the best thing ever and everyone should be like them" is deemed hateful and inappropate. Again, not saying the right doesn't have issues.
>>
>>128247
>Watches the wall of freedom and privacy burn in front of his very eyes

>Screams victoriously because the party he opposes was a part of the foundation
>>
>>128374
The main issue is that the batshit people on both sides are the loudest in their respective camps. All the leftists I know are strongly anti-feminist, and think people who riot because of a speech are garbage. However, the topless bitch with "antifa" or some shit painted across her tips screaming, "funk cis gendered white men!" Is much louder than the rest of us. The same is true about Westboro Baptist Church protesters and Republicans.

TLDR: Shit is polarizing
>>
>>128165
It's for the greater good. It will stop the evil-doers.
>>
>>128166
>net neutrality is Obamacare for the Internet
What the fuck??? NO NO NO.
>>
>>129319
https://twitter.com/sentedcruz/status/531834493922189313?lang=en
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.