[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump to unveil $1 trillion infrastructure plan in 2017: official

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-infrastructure-idUSKBN17035D

>Chao's comments were the most detailed timetable from the administration about its plans to unveil a plan to modernize U.S. roads, bridges, airports, electrical grid and water systems. Chao said the administration plans to offer incentives for public-private partnerships rather than simply fund improvements.
>>
Does that mean that Trump will make everything metric? Bring USA in with rest of world? or am I naïve??
>>
>>126929
sadly i saw no mention of such sense making, we are the united states of america, baby steps :((
>>
>>126905
>plans to offer incentives for public-private partnerships rather than simply fund improvements.
This is code for toll roads, toll bridges, and turnpikes.
>>
>>126929
>>126956
Do you idiots not understand how expensive it would be to turn our existing infrastructure from standard to metric?
>>
>>126963
>statist getting btfoed again

If all the roads were private, there'd be no need to fund infrastructure.
>>
>>126967
>he thinks it's American companies who are going to finance this
It's going to be so much fun paying a Saudi or Chinese-owned holding company 65 cents for every additional mile. #MAGA
>>
>>126967
yeah right, god forbid they raise the gas tax for the first time in 25+ years to pay for it all. Because that's communism, right?
>>
>>126966
But the world could start using the nautical system... And base things off of degrees of rotation... You know, circles and shit.
>>
>>126905
>Yes good goy sell your infristuecture

Public private investments means toll roads and bridges.

Also means foreign companies and workers.
>>
>>126905
>incentives for public-private partnerships

I sure love paying $25 each way on my commute to work.
>>
>>126972
Gas is expensive enough thank you
>>
I sell asphalt for a living and this is great. It's incredibe how much more state roads pay than turnpikes and townships because they make statewide blanket requirements rather than look at the specific job.

>>127024
you don't pay that much unless your commute is over 2 hours

>>127027
gas taxes also fund state police which is a problem that is trying to be solved

>>126967
right now bridges definitely still need state funding but the industry has moved to the paving companies being in charge of paving the road and then maintaining it for some decades.

asphalt was historically low last year because of the oil price and townships and private roads took advantage of it but states did not because their budgets are complicated and idiotic. now that they are trying to take advantage of the low price of last year, they're too late and asphalt has raised from $200/ton to $300/ton and only 2/3 of the work can be done for the same price
>>
>>126905
I'd enjoy it if our infrastructure was stabilized and made more secure
>>
>>126967
I could think of at least three reasons not to privatize roads

1. I like getting places quickly without having to get out change every time a road switched owners

2. I enjoy present systems where civil engineers are not forced to negotiate layout patterns and pay a share to give the public needed information

3. (Partially related to 2.) If I was a company who just bought a road, I'd immediately be incorporating roundabouts to favor highest-bidder stores, instead of direct, logical roots to locations
>>
>>126905
he literally jus bought texas and Middle USA
>>
>>126929
>>126956
Can you name any one area that the metric system is vastly superior to the standard system in people's every day lives? Changing mph to kph, $/lb to $/kg, $/gallon 5o $/liter, etc. would require a massive shift in infrastructure and there is no tangible gain.
>>
This creates jobs, but it increases debt considerably. How is this any different than what Obama did?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.