[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Felony charges for 2 who secretly filmed Planned Parenthood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2017/03/29/felony-charges-planned-parenthood-film/99767988/

>California prosecutors on Tuesday charged two anti-abortion activists who made undercover videos of themselves trying to buy fetal tissue from Planned Parenthood with 15 felonies, saying they invaded the privacy of medical providers by filming without consent.

>The charges against David Daleiden and Sandra Merritt of the Center for Medical Progress come eight months after similar charges were dropped in Texas.

>State Attorney General Xavier Becerra, a longtime Congressional Democrat who took over the investigation in January, said in a statement that the state “will not tolerate the criminal recording of conversations.”

>Prosecutors say Daleiden, of Davis, Calif., and Merritt, of San Jose, filmed 14 people without permission between October 2013 and July 2015 in Los Angeles, San Francisco and El Dorado counties. One felony count was filed for each person. The 15th was for criminal conspiracy to invade privacy.

>Daleiden said in an email to The Associated Press that the “bogus” charges are coming from “Planned Parenthood’s political cronies.”

>“The public knows the real criminals are Planned Parenthood and their business partners,” Daleiden said.
>>
>The conversations included officials from Planned Parenthood and StemExpress, a California company that provides blood, tissue and other biological material for medical research and had received fetal tissue from Planned Parenthood.

>In one of the pair’s videos, Daleiden poses as “Robert Sarkis” of the phony Biomax Procurement Services and is shown discussing liver tissue with the chief executive of StemExpress at a Northern California restaurant.

>Abortion opponents said the recordings showed Planned Parenthood was illegally harvesting and selling the organs. Planned Parenthood said the videos were deceptively edited to support extremists’ false claims.

>“As we have said from the beginning, and as more than a dozen different state investigations have made clear: Planned Parenthood has done nothing wrong, and the only people who broke the law are those behind the fraudulent tapes,” said Mary Alice Carter, interim vice president of communications for Planned Parenthood, in a statement.

>In April of last year, Daleiden said in a Facebook post that California Department of Justice agents raided his home, seizing all of his video footage along with personal information.
>>
>Since then the case had gone largely quiet, with virtually no revelations about the investigation and no indication that the charges were coming before they were filed Tuesday in San Francisco Superior Court.

>The case is one of the first of high-profile prosecutions for Becerra, who left the U.S. House to take over for Kamala Harris after she became a U.S. Senator.

>Daleiden and Merritt had previously been indicted in Texas on similar charges in January of 2016, but all of the charges were eventually dropped by July as prosecutors said a grand jury had overstepped its authority. The grand jury had originally been convened to investigate Planned Parenthood, but after finding no wrongdoing turned around and indicted Daleiden and Merritt instead.

>The videos reignited the American abortion debate when they were released in 2015, and increased Congressional heat against Planned Parenthood that has yet to subside.
>>
Never mind the obvious horrible criminal activity committed by PP, got to stop those people from recording.
>>
>>126543
There was no criminal activity, which is part of the reason why these idiots got investigated in the first place, for false claims.
>>
If you only watch FAKE news you might think that PP committed crimes. You have been deceived. Red pill yourself...

Here is an article if you aren't familiar:
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58dbfbd7e4b0546370646fd9

Or a quick video if you need a recap:
https://youtu.be/VwxTzeZ-Nzw
>>
>>127138
>huffpost
>redpill
Kill yourself
>>
>>126539
It's vital to the continued prosperity of our nation that women, in particular women of color, have a broad array of contraceptive and family inhibition options. Planned Parenthood keeps the dindu population in check so I'm all for it.
>>
>>127245
>>>126539 (OP)
>Planned Parenthood keeps the dindu population in check so I'm all for it.

This. Eugenics is a way better reason to support PP than "muh feelings"
>>
>>126539
>not tolerate the criminal recording of conversations

wiat.. da fuck is this?
>>
>>127269
Cal. Penal Code § 632.
>It is a crime to record or eavesdrop on any confidential communication, including a private conversation or telephone call, without the consent of all parties to the conversation.
>>
>>127280
unless your the c.i.a
>>
>>126543
>nevermind these people who didn't break the law, let's punish the ones who broke the law
>I tell you, there isn't any justice here.
>>
>>126542
>The grand jury had originally been convened to investigate Planned Parenthood, but after finding no wrongdoing turned around and indicted Daleiden and Merritt

Wait, so they're accusing the California prosecutors of politicizing the issue, when Texas prosecutors wouldn't even indict even though the Grand Jury literally did so effectively through a type of de-nullification (which I don't think has ever been appealed before a higher court in the case of a GJ, and probably would lose if it were (appeal would have been filed by some jury rights/nully nonprofit -- usually the ACLU only does amicus in such cases as with 2nd Amend cases -- but this one would be a very expensive surefire loss), but is definitely not settled law).

So yeah, California is doing what the pussy (political crony) prosecutors in Texas refused to do: the will of the people who heard the facts of the case.

(for reference, you saw the shit Hillary got dealt as a politician just for doing her job as a state's defense attorney in a rape case -- imagine a future Texas politician (which is why most people become DAs in the first place) prosecuting high-profile PP protesters -- political suicide.)
>>
>>127448
>Texas prosecutors wouldn't even indict
Texan here. I'm pretty sure this says more about my state's conservative politics than it does about the merits of the case.
>>
>>127452
>Texan here. I'm pretty sure this says more about my state's conservative politics than it does about the merits of the case.
Uh....
Wouldn't conservative politics be all for slapping down PP?

Or are you suggesting your state isn't conservative?
>>
>>127437

A law is only a law insofar as it is just, you scumbag faggot fucking pretend feminist.
>>
>>127280
Probably why the charges dropped in Texas, it's a one party state. Meaning that only one party has to consent to the recording of a conversation, while in Cali it requires all parties.

Still illegal to tape conversations you're not a party to at all though.
>>
>>127730
Thats stupid

Im recording this right now
>>
Lord have mercy.
2/3rds of those videos were dumb if I'm being honest but 1/3rd was some damning stuff that I would open investigations into PP.
Fuck PP and fuck the satanic practice of abortion.
>>
>>127732
Most of the videos weren't even PP officials. Most worked for another company which doesn't get any federal funding. The video creators/project veritas/o'keefe/whoever purposely misrepresented that company as being affiliated with PP when they were their competitors.
>>
>>127489
I'm no jurist, but I'm fairly sure that the legal system and society don't work that way.
>>
>>127489
That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
>>
>>127489
>th-they broke the law!
>no they didn't
>REEEEE CUCK CUCK CUCK FEMINIST LIBTURD
typical anti-abortion argument
>>
>>128434
Conservative SJWs truly are worse than their liberal kin.
>>
>>128434
> Murder
> Not against the law
You can cover shit in ice cream but It is still shit in the end
>>
>>128435
>Conservative SJWs
Forced meme

Die already you reddit
>>
>>128468
Wait what?
>>
>>128456
capability of holding rights starts at birth and ends with death. For some rare cases like inheritance the unborn "nasciturus" can already hold future rights, but the right of life isnt one of them
>>
>>129332
This is BS, the woman has no right no decide If the fetus lives or dies as It's not her body, just because the fetus is in her uterus It' doesn't mean she has the rights to decide the fate of another individual.
>>
>>129336
And you have no right to decide that for the woman.
>>
>>128468
Conservative SJW detected
>>
>>129338
But we have laws that protect the dependent and enfeebled.
You can't just create a situation where someone is dependent on you, and then abandon them. For example, marriage laws ensure that the higher earning partner can't simply ditch the financially dependent partner. So we dictate that the person should pay alimony, even if they don't want to work.
>>
>>129368
>no u no u no u
>>
>>129439
Conservative SJW detected
>>
>>129437
>protect the dependent and enfeebled
You're talking about a collection of cells which functions as a parasite on the host. It isn't considered a human being by medical science until it's further along in development.

>inb4 life begins at conception
>>
>>127210
May you be raped to death by your donkey.
>>
>>129479
Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't state nor imply at what stage life is considered human.
My only point was that we as a society, in fact do tell people what they can do with their bodies.

If a person fails to pay either alimony or child support(typically a man), then they are punished by law. So I think that 's only fair we punish women for killing humans.
>>
>>129479
>unironical feminist talking points

You are serious right? WOAH lol
>>
>>129485
NO MORE TAXES

HIS BODY HIS CHOICE
>>
>>129551
It has nothing to do with feminism and everything to do with anatomy. I'm not a woman.
>>
>>129564
You're worse than a woman. At least when they say stupid shit like that it's for selfish reasons.

You actually believe that nonsense! Worse than a woman, youre a mangina. The least desirable mate in a womans eyes.

Congrats.
>>
>>129336

Should we apply this logic to cancer cells and tumors? Or the viruses and bacteria in our bodies?
>>
>>129581
Damn youre fucking stupid

Are you really this fucking stupid or is it just an argument tactic?

Anyway, you sound really fucking stupid. Like, not knowing the difference between a muder and a haircut level fucking stupid.
>>
>>129589
You're looking at this all wrong, anon. While you make a sound argument from the perspective of natural rights, assuming the fetus is a human, we can't forget the struggles of minorities, in particular minority women, and PP is most beneficial to strong independent women and minority communities that are in dire--desperate, oh my God they need it so badly--need of a plethora of contraceptive options, and their widespread and enthusiastic application. Look at the statistics. We should be encouraging and helpful.
>>
>>129631
O-o
>>
>>129567
Good luck with your agenda. I'll stick with medical science.
>>
>>129676
>agenda

Says the guy arguing for dead babies? I mean dead bacteria? Or is it a parasite? What the fuck
>>
>>129682
Why don't you go ask the NRLC.
>>
>>129684
What does that even mean?

Are you sure your brain cells didn't get aborted?
>>
>>129685
Don't pretend you don't know.
http://www.nrlc.org
also
https://prolifeaction.org/
>>
>>129687
Exactly. Conservative SJWs.
>>
>>129687
Wow how can I agrue with 2 links??

Lmao you are as fucking stupid as I thought

Its refreshing that feminist doctrine only resides in the worst of minds
>>
>>129688
>>129687

Oh man did you really just same fag

AWKWARDDDDD
>>
>>129690
>feminist doctrine
Oh is this the latest /pol/ buzzwords for anything you don't like at any given time? I didn't get that memo.

>>129691
Not really.
>>
>>129692
Hey, shut the fuck up and leave, thanks.
>>
>>129703
Kindly kys, Nobody asked you.
>>
>>129705
Rude
>>
>>126539
They're only whistleblowers if they snitch for the progressive left. Snitch on the far left and you're a felon.
>>
>>127138
>linking the huffington post
>legit news source

I came here to laugh at you.
>>
>>129771
>can't refute what's in the article
>make it about the messenger instead of the message
>attack the source
classic /pol/ tactics
>>
>>129827
It would be very strange to believe that sources don't matter.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.