[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Devin Nunes Says He’ll Continue to Lead Russia Inquiry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 29intel-superJumbo[1].jpg (480KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
29intel-superJumbo[1].jpg
480KB, 2048x1365px
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/us/politics/devin-nunes-house-intelligence-committee-russia.html

>The Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday rebuffed calls to recuse himself from the panel’s investigation into Russian meddling in the presidential election, as Speaker Paul D. Ryan expressed support for his continued leadership.

>Representative Devin Nunes of California said he would continue to lead the House investigation despite accusations from Democrats — including his committee’s ranking member, Representative Adam B. Schiff of California — that he is too close to President Trump to conduct an impartial inquiry.

>“Why would I not?” Mr. Nunes told reporters Tuesday morning. Pressed about concerns from Democrats, he added, “That sounds like their problem.”

>Mr. Ryan — who, as House speaker, has the power to remove Mr. Nunes as chairman — said he saw no reason for Mr. Nunes to step away from the investigation.

>Last week Mr. Nunes said he briefed Mr. Ryan on information indicating Mr. Trump or members of his transition team may have been “incidentally” caught up in legal surveillance of foreign operatives by American spy agencies. Mr. Ryan said Tuesday that he did not know who the source of that information was.

>In a new flare-up on Tuesday, The Washington Post reported that the White House had attempted to block Sally Q. Yates, who was fired by President Trump as acting attorney general in January, from appearing before the committee, apparently arguing that much of her testimony could be barred from discussion by presidential privilege that shields certain sensitive information from the public.

>In letters later obtained by The New York Times, her lawyer pushed back, asserting that much of what Ms. Yates would address had already been described publicly by senior administration officials. The letters were dated late last week, around the time Mr. Nunes abruptly announced his decision to scrap a public hearing.
>>
>Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, rejected the report as “100 percent false,” saying the White House would not bar Ms. Yates from testifying. He also rejected the idea that the White House had pressured Mr. Nunes to cancel the hearing.

>“I hope she testifies,” he said. “I look forward to it.”

>Mr. Schiff said he was “deeply concerned” by the cancellation of the hearing with Ms. Yates and other former officials, which he said would have focused at least in part on Michael T. Flynn, the national security adviser who resigned after it was revealed that he lied to White House officials, including Vice President Mike Pence, about his contacts with Russia.

>Mr. Nunes insisted he would stay on amid the news that the committee would not hold a closed-door meeting Tuesday with James B. Comey of the F.B.I. and Adm. Michael S. Rogers of the National Security Agency. Democrats said the cancellations went further, including a regular meeting later in the week.

>Mr. Nunes said the hearing with Mr. Comey and Mr. Rogers would be rescheduled. “Nothing has been canceled,” he said, adding, “Everything is moving forward as is.”

>It was the latest development in a week that has seen bipartisan cooperation quickly collapse. Last week, without consulting Mr. Schiff, Mr. Nunes bumped a planned public hearing with James R. Clapper Jr., the former director of national intelligence; John O. Brennan, the former C.I.A. director; and Ms. Yates, who was fired after she instructed Justice Department officials to not carry out Mr. Trump’s first proposed travel ban.
>>
>Tensions had escalated Monday after the confirmation that Mr. Nunes had traveled to the White House grounds to view what he described as classified intelligence documents. The next day he announced to the news media, and then Mr. Trump, that he had seen information indicating that members of the Trump transition team may have been caught up in legal surveillance.

>Mr. Schiff and Representative Nancy Pelosi of California, the top House Democrat, led calls for Mr. Nunes to recuse himself, arguing that he had proved himself incapable of leading an impartial investigation. Mr. Nunes was a member of the transition team, as well as a vocal supporter of Mr. Trump’s campaign.

>Of particular concern to Mr. Schiff was that Mr. Nunes obtained his information on the White House grounds and did not inform his committee of a matter of critical relevance to its inquiry. Mr. Schiff said it would help if Mr. Nunes revealed his source.

>“I certainly think it would clarify matters if he would,” he said in an interview. “But to date it’s just been inexplicable.”
>>
WE INVESTIGATED OURSELVES AND CLEARLY FOUND NO WRONGDOING.

WHY CAN'T YOU ALL JUST MOVE ON? I MEAN COME ONNNNN
>>
>>126299
Honestly, if this isn't corruption, then what is?

>>126306
This is what i'm saying. This fucking guy came out and already stated that he told Trump some of his information he gathered in private investigation.
>>
>>126306
Sounds like what the police and Feds do with their internal affairs investigations
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.