[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian Student Suspended After Challenging Muslim Prof’s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

File: Rollins College2.jpg (20KB, 592x333px) Image search: [Google]
Rollins College2.jpg
20KB, 592x333px
>A student says he was suspended from Rollins College for challenging his Muslim professor’s anti-Christian assertions, including her claim that Jesus’ crucifixion never took place.

>Twenty-year-old Marshall Polston, a sophomore at the private, Florida-based four-year college, said that the professor of his Middle Eastern Humanities class also told students that Jesus’ disciples did not believe he was God.

>Polston, an avid traveler and self-described Christian, has toured the Middle East and is familiar with the Muslim culture.

>“Honestly, it reminded me of some of the more radical groups I researched when abroad,” Polston told the Central Florida Post about his professor’s comments on Jesus.

>“Whether religious or not, I believe even those with limited knowledge of Christianity can agree that according to the text, Jesus was crucified and his followers did believe he was divine… that he was ‘God,’” he continued. “Regardless, to assert the contrary as academic fact is not supported by the evidence.”

http://nation.foxnews.com/2017/03/27/christian-student-suspended-after-challenging-muslim-prof-s-claim-jesus-wasn-t-crucified
>>
>>126162
>nation.foxnews.com
Not a valid news source. It's a fucking forum. If you want to copypaste morally outraged comments over muslims go to >>>/pol/
>>
>>126163
Get over yourself, dingus. While it isn't exactly news, it isn't exactly /pol/ worthy either
>>
>>126167
>While it isn't exactly news, it isn't exactly /pol/ worthy either
Not him, but it sounds pretty /pol/ish to me.

Unless this is a growing national trend, it's cherry-picked rage-bait.

But as a fallen Catholic, I will weigh in on the theology a little.
>told students that Jesus’ disciples did not believe he was God.
This isn't even controversial.
Jesus never claimed to be God incarnate, and the Doctrine of the Trinity was developed by the church at the Council of Nicea in 325 AD, so very early Christians in general probably wouldn't have seen him as a physical manifestation of one aspect of a single divine being (God).

> including her claim that Jesus’ crucifixion never took place.
Novelist Robert Heinlein had at least one character that called it the "cruci-fiction".
But yeah, kind of hard to prove it never happened.
>>
>>126170
>Jesus never claimed to be God incarnate
>And they all said, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.

>very early Christians in general probably wouldn't have seen him as a physical manifestation of one aspect of a single divine being (God).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyrios
>>
I'll just leave this here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_view_of_Jesus%27_death
>The issue of the crucifixion, death and resurrection of Jesus (Isa) is rejected by most (not all[1]) Muslims, but similar to Christians they believe that Jesus will return before the end of time.[2] Most Muslims believe Jesus was not crucified, but was raised bodily to heaven by God, a similar belief is found in the Gospel of Basilides,[3][4][5][6] the text of which is lost save for reports of it by other early scholars like Origen (c.185 – c.254). Basilides (Βασιλείδης), was a leading theologian of Gnostic tendencies, who had taught in Alexandria in the second quarter of the second century. This stream of teaching was first condemned by St. John, the apostle of Christ in his first epistle, chapter 4, under the category of the spirit of Anti Christ, concerning all of those that refute the notion that Jesus came in a body from flesh and blood to redeem the sin of the world. Basilides' teachings were also condemned as heretical by Irenaeus of Lyons (c.130 – c.200),[7] and by Hippolytus of Rome (c. 170 - c.236),[8] although they had been evaluated more positively by Clement of Alexandria (c.150 – c.215).[9] However, this view is disregarded by mainstream Christianity which only accepts the four gospels contained in the New Testament as genuine, the other twenty-eight, seldom publicised, are viewed as heretical
>>
>>126162
Regardless of the shills. This is news. Just another attack on western morality, an erosion of what makes the west the west.....these fools are playing with fire....
>>
>>126167
It is /pol/shit
>>
>>126185
people in the west and else were are all ppl you triple retard all societies are filled with evil shits like you that just hate based on fear you fucking sheeple
>>
>>126187
Diversity of core values in a society isn't necessarily a good thing in producing stability
>>
I swear I've seen this copypasta before.
>How old is this cross, pinhead?
>The professor smirked quite arabically. About 0 years, you stupid christian.
>Wrong. It's been 2000 years since Jesus died on it. If it were as young as you say... It would've been a holy artifact of Islam by now.
>>
>>126162

I looked over this at another source and we probably need to wait for more info to come in, but it's likely that this Prof just went insane. It happened at my uni when I was there - one week she just started becoming crazy paranoid and believed someone in her classroom was out to murder her, and then one of her graduate students was poisoning her coffee.

The unfortunate thing is that it takes like 2-3 weeks for the department and the university to figure out the extent of what's going on, especially because the onset is so gradual.

Btw, saying something like "Jesus was not crucified" is in no Muslim doctrine anywhere ever, considering Muhammad explicitly talks about Jesus, his holiness and martyrdom. So that would be one of her first symptoms of insanity.
>>
>>126162

If that student claimed Mohammed ate pork meat that Prof would've literally exploded right in class
>>
>>126185
No, you moron. It's a piece meant to prod out the exact comment you just made.

They exist on the left, and they exist on the right. The sooner you realize that, you can actually see through a story and get to the facts. If you think this teacher or the administrations intentions was to "attack western morality", you're the same kind of person in that crazy comment section.

Also please do not forget, even if the world stood still for 24 hours, Fox, CNN, and all them would still have stories to tug on your heart strings.
>>
>>126185
Tell us more about how the brown people outraged you. Point to the place on the dolly where it hurts the most.
>>
>>126213
Would she have the vest on during class?
>>
>>126162
>private
Stopped reading there. Private institutions can do what ever the fuck they want. Its why libs go bananas about funding leaving public and going to private christian schools.
>>
>>126163
You are a wet towel
>>
>>126181
According to Christianity, Jesus was crucified. The book of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John give four different accounts of what they witnessed. It's not even up for debate. If this professor had said Muslims believe Jesus was not crucified, that would be different.
>>
>>126271
Ad hom lol
>>
>>126433
Rollins College may be a private college, but it receives federal and state grants. This makes it subject to the laws and regulations that apply to recipients, including federal civil rights laws. Rollins College also claims that they enforce Title IX on their website.

The college can continue to do as they please, but will likely lose access to grants, scholarships, and other forms of aid.
>>
>>126477
Hilarious to see 4chan turn into a place where it always boils down to some logical fallacy
>>
>>126476
>It's not even up for debate.
Oh, it's up for debate all right. If only you knew.
>>
>>126481
>Rollins College may be a private college, but it receives federal and state grants.
[citation needed]
>>
>>126506
It doesn't boil down to anything. Accusing people of random logical fallacies is just what /pol/cucks do when they don't have an argument to make.
>>
>>126524
>implying both of you cretins don't treat debate as LE GAME OF POINTING OUT LE WIKIPEDO LOGICAL PHALLACIES

it's pathetic and disgusting. Grow a spine.
>>
>>126530
What's pathetic is Anons who project their annoyances on other Anons like you just did.
>>
>>126524
It's not an accusation, it was quite blatant ad homming.
>>
>>126536
It isn't a logical fallacy if it's true.
>>
>>126523
See http://www.rollins.edu/finance/documents/financial-information/audited-financial-statement-fy16.pdf
Starting at page 4 under Operating Revenues, receives approx. $994k for 2016 and $1046k for 2015.

http://www.rollins.edu/financial-aid/as-cps-financial-aid/grants/index.html
For the list of federal grants which students currently use.

For these federal grants, a complaint should be filed with https://studentaid.ed.gov, where it would be dealt with by Title XI and slapping the college with a fine.

https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/docs/t9-rel-exempt/index.html
Title XI does exempt the college for admissions, but not what happens afterwards since its students receive federal financial assistance.
>>
The validity of the suspension depends upon the attitude of the kid who decided it was a good idea to argue with his teacher. Like both sides have a point but I could imagine some pol edgelord being a huge dick about making his point
>>
>>126595
I think you're missing the point that it's a private college whether they take federal funding or not.

(not that students getting federal grant money is the close to the same thing as you're trying to say in part of your post)
>>
>>126220
this anon gets it.
No more click bait.
>>
>>126220
>there isn't an attack on western civilization

Looool

>>126606
This guy doesn't get it
>>
>>126162
OP, please post the source. Fox news is just reposting this from another article:
https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/31853/
>>
>>126170
>Not him, but it sounds pretty /pol/ish to me.
everything on this board could be /pol/. This board has always been redundant.
>>
>>126607
I never said there isn't or hasn't been attacks on western civilization. Sensationalizing people like that "Cash me Outside" girl is a prime example of normalizing degeneracy in our culture.

I said this is not the case here, and i'll add that you're reaching if you're willing to double down on it.
>>
>>126652
That teacher is clearly at war with western civilization.
>>
>>126170
>and this is why the student should be suspended.
>>
>>126656
As well as clickbaiters and attention whores, lowering the standards for information quality and fuzzing the line between truth and lies.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.