[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sex Pistols’ Johnny Rotten backs Brexit, Farage, Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 0

http://www.politico.eu/article/sex-pistols-johnny-rotten-backs-brexit-farage-trump/

Conservatism is the new punk rock. Fantano blown the fuck out.
>>
>random man has opinions about things for which he hasn't any special and relevant expertise worth mentioning
>>
>the working class has spoken

I like how this is supposed to be a justification of something. What is with this fetishization of the working man's ideas? Is it just pandering? Does being Joe Shmoe make you privy to some hidden wisdom? The working class is fucking retarded on a wide spectrum of matters.
I'm fucking retarded about plenty of things for which I have no remarkable education.
That's OK though.
As long as we don't leave critical decisions that affect the nitty gritty details of governance up to popular referendum, that's OK.

I don't need to be an economist or a scientist because thankfully I can just vote on the basis of my community's general interests and leave the nitty gritty details to people who dedicate their lives to the extremely non-trivial task carefully crafting policy and legislating. And if the ultimate result isn't beneficial for my community, I can vote them out of office and give someone else an opportunity.

But at no point does it become sensible for me to become responsible for crafting and legislating particular laws. Because direct democracy is inherently bad at protecting our interests. That's why representative republics evolved from that. At the very least, it shouldn't require a single vote of a simple majority when it's a high-stakes, irrevocable deicision being made.

And it's a problem when our culture somehow gets to a point where people think they're better than economists and scientists at making nuanced policy choices, and begin to demand that complex policy be decided by popular referendum. It's fucking stupid.
>>
>>126144
socrates knew this a millenia ago
Why are we still even arguing this?
>>
Uhh, children this is pretty significant. At least as far as celebrity endorsements go. Have you ever heard of "punk rock"? Well, for the majority of Americans and Brits, the Sex Pistols defined punk as shitty, short-lived and commercial as a band they may have been. Lydon is the only surviving member from a publicity and here confirms the antiestablishment prole nature of a Trump Presidency and Brexit. Which it is.

Now back to sucking Katy Perry's Soros favored cock...
>>
>>126118

Huey Lewis really hit the nail on the head, didn't he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg
>>
>>126149
The thing is, Trump is as establishment as you can possibly get. Rather, what we're seeing is the natural swing of the pendulum in the other direction after the counterculture characterising most of the 20th century. It's hip to back the Man again.
>>
>>126149
>this sold out, washed up, past his prime punk rock dinosaur hasn't had a relevant opinion in decades, but recently woke up from a nap while the TV news was on and decided he liked what he saw.
You still haven't explained why this is newsworthy. It's more like a PR statement.
>>
>>126144
Its called democracy bro
>>
>>126118
On a serious note - what do you think the Anarchist's view should be on Brexit?

On the one hand - i hate Torie's so i kinda wanna remain - and it arguably lessens the power of the state because of the shit ton of beaurocracy.

But less levels of government. A important symbolic - not really practical differences probably - devolution in power to a slightly more local level.
I also like the free movement of people and free trade area - although i'd prefer both to be worldwide.

Not sure where to land on it - voted out more to fuck Cameron than any real decision either way.
>>
>>126144
>>126146
>muh "elite" government
>"yeah, sure, it's a total failure, but so what?"
>>
>>127400
I think you should grow up and learn even the basics of what you're talking about you fucking numbskull.

>durr i h8 da tories
Fuck me what an imbecil.
>>127400
>and it arguably lessens the power of the state because of the shit ton of beaurocracy.
Yes and that's the fucking point you stupid fucking cunt, if we remain then no matter which party you like or dislike will have ever limited power and be able to carry out less and less of the electorates wishes. Leaving was the only way to restore sovereignty which means the electorate now has clout against the MPs who you can simply vote out at the next election as opposed to EU lawmaking that neither you nor government can do much about. Try to be a bit more long sighted you fucking infantile oxygen thieving shit heap.

>>127400
>I also like the free movement of people and free trade area - although i'd prefer both to be worldwide.
Yeah because you're so fucking dumb you will happily opt for the destruction of infrastructure, ,social cohesion, lowering quality of life and compression of wages which only benefits certain elites. Useful idiot.
>>
>>127400
>and it arguably lessens the power of the state because of the shit ton of beaurocracy.
WOO YEAH FUCK DAT STATE LETS BELONG TO A SOVIET TIER TOP HEAVY UNACCOUNTABLE GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE INSTEAD WOO FREEDOM.
>>
>>127410
Well i'm always happy to read other peoples views

I hate tories is maybe an oversimplification for the purpose of humor - I lean more towards Labour than the Torie's, although i don't like either much.

>Yes and that's the fucking point you stupid fucking cunt, if we remain then no matter which party you like or dislike will have ever limited power

Well, as i beleive i said before, that's not a bad thing to me.
And to be really honest - the EU laws were mostly in the realm of economic and customs issues.

And we never lost our Sovereignty. The way our uncodified constitution works - Acts of Parliament are always soverreign.
It's the choice of parliment to comply with and allow the EU Laws.
And i believe that if we actually applied effort, work and money (which is trucking infinite/imaginary as National Debt has shown) we could build the infrastructure, we could be more with those people.
and more importantly i don't believe we have the right to deny people the right to move and live where they wish.
>>
>>127412
Well I'm only an anarchist in Ideals.
In real politics i tend to just be a lefty - more in it for me than the other ways

>dem benifits
>>
Well that article was misleading as fuck.

He had some good lulz and was glad rich liberals were BTFO. It's not like he's right wing now.

tbh I'm in the same boat
>>
>politico
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.