[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ICE is targeting 'sanctuary cities' with raids

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3826.jpg (169KB, 745x1011px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3826.jpg
169KB, 745x1011px
Immigration and Customs Enforcement has been targeting so-called "sanctuary cities" with increased enforcement operations in an effort to pressure those jurisdictions to cooperate with federal immigration agents, a senior US immigration official with direct knowledge of ongoing ICE actions told CNN.

A sanctuary city is a broad term applied to states, cities and/or counties that have policies in place designed to limit cooperation or involvement in the enforcement of federal immigration operations. More than 100 US jurisdictions -- among them New York, Los Angeles and Chicago -- identify as such.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/23/politics/sanctuary-city-ice-raids/index.html
>>
>>126030
>lol let's proclaim to the world that we're going to shelter illegal immigrants and not cooperate with federal immigration agencies!

>they're raiding us anyway without our cooperation how could this happen to us!?
>>
>>126037

Sanctuary cities are not just an act of charity or something. It isn't the job of local authorities to pay attention peoples' immigration status. I pay them to keep me safe, plain and simple.
We have to solve the problem of undocumented folks living in this country and we also have to prioritize the well being of Americans.
Local police very logically tend not to want to be in a position where immigrant communities are uncooperative because they fear immigration raids.

This is how specialization of labor works. Local police are uniquely equipped to build relationships with local communities to prioritize our safety in that way. Whether or not we like immigrants, we coexist with their communities and causing chaos for them does nothing for us.
We do have to address undocumented migrants and we have authorities that specialize in that task, a.k.a., the Feds, who should actually be doing their job.

Trump wants to produce fear among immigrant communities and divert funding from blue states toward red states, even though the former already contributes disproportionately toward the federal govt.. His order does nothing to make Americans collectively safer. I might give him benefit of the doubt if we didn't have a patter where every policy initiative he supported didn't come with an obvious ulterior motive than what he'd stated.
>>
>>126046
> It isn't the job of local authorities to pay attention peoples' immigration status.

It is when said immigrants are gang members
>>
>>126054
>Observe how the liberal makes no distinction between the illegal alien and the immigrant.
It's because the feds never cared about the difference and in larger deportation efforts they have always caught up legal/naturalized immigrants.
>>
>>126054
For once they're right though, because it's not illegal immigration that's really the problem, but all immigrants and their children and children's children, especially of Asians and Saracens. Illegal immigration is just another wart on that hog of American immigration.

>MILLER:The word high-skilled doesn’t even appear in that paper — because again, we don’t use the term to describe high-skilled workers — other people can, that’s their choice, but the system that he wants is that on the permanent immigration that we would switch from a low-skilled to a high-skilled system, on the permanent immigration side. Not talking these guest workers.

>BANNON: You saw these guest workers. You saw the CIS report yesterday. You saw that, what is it, 61 million? Isn’t the beating heart of this problem, the real beating heart of it, of what we gotta get sorted here, is not illegal immigration? As horrific as that is, and it’s horrific, don’t we have a problem, we’ve looked the other way on this legal immigration that’s kinda overwhelmed the country? When you look and there’s got 61 million, 20 percent of the country, is immigrants — is that not a massive problem? You were with Jeff Sessions for many, many years. Is that not the beating heart of this problem?
>>
>>126232
Wow great reply. You sure showed him.
>>
>>126292
that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
>>
>>126046
>immigrants wont want to call 911

I've heard this argument before, and what it ignores is they could go back to their home countries and call the police in Guatemala or wherever. It really assumes that illegal immigrants have the right to call the police, and they essentially don't. They're not covered by the bill of rights, they don't pay taxes, they undercut the minimum wage illegally, and they came here willingly knowing this. I live in Boston and I'm as liberal as they get, but I have no Sympathy for illegals, they should be improving their own countries, but I feel like because of globalization, it's now easier to just come here.

>Whether or not we like immigrants, we coexist

Trump is in power now, he plans to deport all of them. And so far as I know, nothing has stopped him there, correct me If I'm wrong. You seem like you're stuck in the Obama era, and while that was nice, I have no illusions that the hunky dory days are coming back.
>>
>>126348
>They're not covered by the bill of rights
Why do you say so?

Sorry I just want your logical argument for why it is that the framers of the constitution who had no thoughts on immigration legal or otherwise would have thought citizenship as a qualifier for when one does or does not have rights.

Also, yes, they are legally protected by every one of the rights and this has been proven.
>>
>>126348
They are covered by the bill of rights, they pay taxes and they increase wages.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/295271995/THE-900-BILLION-QUESTION-A-Complete-Fiscal-Analysis-Of-Donald-J-Trump-s-Immigration-Reform-Plan
>>
>>126355
yes they are guaranteed a speedy trial, followed by a speedy deportation
>>
>>126360
depending on whether or not they're found guilty of posing a threat or some such, I don't remember the exact details but I know sometimes there are other considerations. I think they have to have at least entered legally or something.
>>
>>126030
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_city
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE
>>
>>126354
>framers of the constitution who had no thoughts on immigration legal or otherwise

Gonna need a source on that. You're entire argument hinges on knowing the thoughts of people long since gone as justification for how the courts ruled almost a century and a half later. It wasn't until 1868 that the 14th was ratified and it still took until the 1950s for the supreme court ruling that it applies to non-citizens within the US.
>>
>>126046
Buddy, I don't know where you've been up till yesterday, but sanctuary cities in Cali are 100% moral posturing. Unpopular posturing at that.
>>
>>126355
Not Creditable you Libtard Faggot
>>
>>126369
huh?
>enter illegally
>get found
>sent back on the other side of the wall
your post:
>enter legally
>stay more than x time after which I would have to go back
>I don't go back
>oh well you entered legally, we won't deport you
>???
>profit
>>
>>126030
That image is tarded. Judges take intentions in to account. high bitch did not intend to endanger her spawn, while minority bitch did knowingly endanger her spawn.

Its stupid: both should be thrown in jail for their stupidity.
>>
>>126030
living your kid in the car is serious shit in az. If I leave my car out in the sun during the summer it takes about 5 minutes for it to become a fucking oven. Doesn't matter if the window is down or not. Fuck even in the winter it gets hot. I've helped plenty of elderly people who have gotten trapped in their car on a hot summer morning and have had to call paramedics because they're too frail/fat/weak to get out themselves
>>
>>126030
>ICE is targeting 'sanctuary cities' with raids
Good.
>>
>>126046
They are illegals, stop whitewashing them. They are the criminals.
>>
>>126683
You might as well argue drunk driving is ok since no one intends to wreck their vehicle.
>>
>>126787
More like comparing a drunk driver to a muslim driver.
>>
>>126339
Logical fallacy detected.
>>
>>126207
In that situation they're going after them cause they're gang members not immigrants
>>
white castle
>>
>>126046
They're breaking the law by being in America. Ergo it is the job of all law enforcement to process them.

Break the law, get punished. It's as simple as that.
>>
>>126046
Sanctuary cities shouldn't be necessary, because they should all be deported nimwit.

No foreigner has a right to be in this country, it's a privilege you earn when you go through the channels. Take your emotional appeal somewhere else.
>>
>>126732
Stop adding context to my emotional rage.

>>126683
That seems to be point. Both should have gotten roughly the same punishment.

>>130628
No its not. One major problem faced with deporting is where do you send these people. Many times countries refuse to take them back. We can't kill them or do anything inhumane except lock them up. However that costs a lot of money in the long run.
>>
>>130630
>One major problem faced with deporting is where do you send these people. Many times countries refuse to take them back.

Send them back anyway. What are they gonna do? Declare war?
>>
>>130631
Stop trade on X goods.
Withhold other services we may use like bases, ports,etc.
Not even allow our planes to land to dump said people off.
Make it more difficult for US citizens to visit their countries
Make cozy deals with our rivals.

List goes on really.
>>
>>130633
How can they refuse their own citizens? We're sending Mexican citizens to Mexico, not Guatamala dumbass
>>
>>130630
>Many times countries refuse to take them back.
Now I just have to stop you right there. It's unbelievable that countries would refuse to take these paragons of success--brain surgeons, aerospace engineers, and world renowned scientists every one of them--back into their countries.
Why, they're a boon to any economy they glance at.
>>
>>130633
lol, yeah, annoying the US is a great plan for your country.
The US can simply do what you listed to the country in question. Who needs who more?

And you forget, if all else fails, the US can just glass them, nobody can stop them from doing so they simply stop themselves.
>>
>>130634
Well if you weren't a troll/retard and actually did research in the issue. You'd see the majority of violators overstay visas. The boarder hoppers are mostly from south america with a sharp decline from Mexico residents in recent years.

Mexico accepting SA rejects is like us accepting Mexican rejects from the Leafs. Not going to happen. Hell Hades is notrious for not accepting illegals we want to send back and they're a piss stain of a nation.

>>130649
It doesn't matter if their pond scum or high tech engineers. Most countries use them as pawns to get something from the US. Be it a better deal, more leancey on foregin aid, etc.

>>130680
http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/18/30-countries-are-refusing-to-take-back-illegal-immigrants-convicted-of-serious-crimes/

https://www.google.com/search?q=hades+refusing+to+take+illegals&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#safe=off&q=countries+refusing+to+take+illegal+immigrants

Take your fucking pick. 23-30 countries refuse to accept them because they know damn well the US isn't going to do shit accept say "yes please may I have some more"
>>
>>126054
>>130649
>>130628
>>130778
>Talking like literal children.

Is this what we can expect from the right for the next four years?
>>
>>133212
Same with you tinhead.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.