[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big Maple Leaf Heist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/03/27/thieves-in-berlin-make-off-with-massive-canadian-gold-coin-worth-millions.html

>Massive ‘Big Maple Leaf’ gold coin worth millions stolen from German museum

>The 221-pound “Big Maple Leaf” gold coin, which was stolen from Germany’s Bode Museum, could be worth almost $4.5 million (U.S.) at market prices.
>>
RAKED
>>
>>125979
ITS PAYDAY MOTHERFUCKERS
>>
https://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2017/0327/Humongous-gold-coin-stolen-from-Berlin-museum
>>
>broke open a window in the back of the museum
>a ladder was found by nearby railway tracks.

This is the lamest fucking museum heist ever. Break a window? Use a ladder? Leave it at the scene? Really?

Where's the elegance, the dexterity, the artistry?
>>
>>126041
Like shit how the hell was this that easy?
>>
>>126041
>The thieves are believed to have to set up a ladder from the adjacent railway tracks to enter the building located on Berlin’s famous Museum Island. The ladder was found on the tracks on Monday, interrupting the rail service, according to Deutsche Welle.

>Investigators have not said how the thieves managed to avoid setting off the museum alarms or hauling the heavy coin out of the museum.

>"The coin was secured with bullet-proof glass inside the building. That much I can say," Mr. Wenzel said. "Neither I nor the Bode Museum can go into detail regarding personnel inside the building, the alarm system or security installations."
>>
>>126051
this.What the actual fuck
>>
Literally the heist equivalent of a ruined orgasm.
>>
>>126060
Kek
>>
The Canadians demanded the Coin be protected with Canadian levels of security

unfortunately the 80 year old Quebecois grandmother goes home at 6pm
>>
>>126507
She left a note, "Do Not Steal S.V.P"
>>
no security?
>>
>>126507
would you have prefered American security?
>thats when the guard steals the coin and then goes around for months denying it before being hailed as a hero by less than half but a locationally signifigant portion of the populace
>>
>>126041>>126051
>t. hollywood
>>
They are investigating museum personnel for possible inside help.
>>
>>126055
>ladder from the adjacent railway tracks
>managed to avoid setting off the museum alarms or hauling the heavy coin out of the museum.
>can go into detail regarding personnel inside the building, the alarm system or security installations."

OK fair enough. A ladder like that is one of those ridiculously tall ones for large contractor jobs, so not easy to carry around, and then they'd have to get the coin out of a high window and down the steps of a giant ladder as well, all of which assumes that both the passive and active security systems were not shit.

Then again, one inside man -- the supervisor of the security staff -- could probably disable (or at least give complete technical intel on) the whole apparatus if the museum has gotten complacent from never being robbed before. And considering that "fencing" the coin is as simple as melting it into bullion, it's easy to guarantee that guy an enormous cut, a fake identity, and pre-paid ticket to nowheresville in the Banana Republic.
>>
>>127034
If you protect your property, the thieves win
>>
>>127553
>>127553
KEK
>>
>>126507
That's why my province is the poorest in Canada... XD
>>
Trump told Germany they owe the USofA a lot of money...
>>
>>127993
Hahaha cause 4.5m would cover a billion dollar tab right. Ppppfffffffffsfsfs
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.