[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Putin’s desire for a new Russian empire won’t stop with Ukraine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1489659295635.gif (3MB, 320x181px) Image search: [Google]
1489659295635.gif
3MB, 320x181px
Natalia Jaresko, the American-born Ukrainian investment banker who served as Ukraine's Finance Minister between late 2014 and mid-2016, and oversaw a catastrophic decline in the country's economy, has been tasked with steering the Caribbean island of Puerto Rico out of its economic and debt crisis.

Jaresko has been appointed to the post of executive director of the federal control board overseeing the Puerto Rico's finances, the Associated Press has reported.

Board chairman Jose Carrion said that Jaresko's experience in Ukraine made her exactly the kind of person needed to rescue the US territory from its "near-catastrophic" situation. In Ukraine, he noted, Jaresko "worked with stakeholders to bring needed reforms that restored confidence, economic vitality and reinvestment in the country and its citizens."

The former finance minister commented on the appointment on her Facebook page, saying that she was "honored and humbled to be taking on a new, critically important position to put Puerto Rico back on the path to fiscal stability."

Jaresko will now be tasked with ensuring a balanced budget within a four year period, and with restructuring the territory's $70 billion in public debt. She will be paid an annual salary of $625,000.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-natalie-jarekso-puerto-rico-20170324-story.html
>>
>>125592
lol
>>
>>125592
What does this have to do with Putin? This is a Ukrainian, not a Russian.
What are his relations with Putin?
>>
>>125600
Its simple anon. First we had the pro-putin ruskifags posting dumb threads, now it's the anti-putin ruskifags. It's the circle of shitposting.
>>
>>125600

AYYYYYYY LMAAAAOOO!!

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/25/putin-new-russian-empire-ukraine
>>
>>125640

https://youtu.be/e6LVH4_02sg

at 6:00 woman in red is trying to make a report in the court and banderites doesnt allow her to enter.
>>
old Russian lands like Ukraine, I'm not too bothered about him retaking, though actual expansion into nations with no prior affiliation with Russia is a big nono.
>>
>>125757

So if Russia seizes Alaska because of previous ownership, that would be okay with you (even though they legally sold them to America)? How about Italy taking half of Europe via the Roman empire? Or Britain reclaiming half the fucking planet?

"Old lands" means jack shit, since the borders have never been stable, even in the past century. Everyone has competing claims on everything, and depending on what time frame you decide lands will dramatically shift control. Lithuania and Poland also controlled the land currently known as Ukraine, what makes their claim over "old lands" less viable than Russia's?

And before you go into "but the people claim to be Russian" you need to consider that the local ethnicity means jack shit for national borders. By that standard, the Caucuses should have long been able to secede from Russia, but I doubt you'd push for that because you'd claim it was "old lands." There are also plenty of other places where ethnicity isn't that black and white, such as the Alsace-Lorraine region (are they French or German?) which muddles determining national borders via ethnic grounds.
>>
>>125810
>even though they legally sold them to America)?

wasnt sold it was rent. if you want to start droping shit then do your home work.
>>
>>125822

http://www.explorenorth.com/library/yafeatures/bl-Alaska1867.htm
https://www.wdl.org/en/item/16743/

>His Majesty the Emperor of all the Russias agrees to cede to the United States, by this convention, immediately upon the exchange of the ratifications thereof, all the territory and dominion now possessed by his said Majesty on the continent of America and in the adjacent islands, the same being contained within the geographical limits herein set forth

It was sold, you retard. Nowhere in the treaty is there a mention of a time limit, and even if you want to try and redefine "cede" to mean "rent" you have no argument to stand on.

Oh and before you argue that the Russian copy is different, here it is, in the original FRENCH (language of the Russian nobility, because they were hipster like that): [https://www.wdl.org/en/item/16741/], in which the only addition is the czar's postscript commentary (which consists primarily of a list of his formal titles) which mirror's Johnson's postscript commentary on the American version.

So no, YOU do your homework and stop making shit up in the hopes that nobody will do the research to call you out.
>>
>>125842
>It was sold, you retard.

it wasnt you fuckwit. it was rented for long time. if you made your fucking home work you stupid piece of shit you should know that the only point why russians dont take it back right now is because soviet refused to take a place as a descendant of russian empire and USA sacked it all due russian empire debts. ad acta Alaska is not even in USA. it is under USA control. Alaska population has more right to go independent from USA than fucking Texas. thats why US feds feeed and cudle it since WW1
>>
>>125904

I don't know why I try to argue with you people. You never give any evidence of your claims while I go and source THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS (both the American copy in English and Russian copy in French) which both clearly cite a permanent cessation of Russia's North American holdings to the United States. All other literature and documentation from the period refer to it as a "sale" or "purchase." All modern history books refer to it as the Alaska Purchase (similar to the Louisiana Purchase, another cessation brought about by the political reality that no European power could hold North American land vs the British).

So tell me, where is your god damned source? What is your evidence? Because I have provided mine, and you have nothing but your word and some alternative history that you have apparently pulled out of your ass.

I mean really, do you know what the words "cede" and "cessation" mean? Because they don't fucking mean RENT or LEASE. That would be the words used in the Convention of Peking for the lease of Hong Kong, which specifically used the word "lease" when referring to the transfer of land between the Emperor of China and the Queen of England. (In fact in the original it is referred to as an "in perpetuity" lease, aka forever. Later it was shortened to 99 years.) Nowhere in the Alaska documents is such language found, nor in any of the notes or messages made regarding the sale in either America or Russia.

>Alaska population has more right to go independent from USA than fucking Texas.

Pft, you're really pulling shit out of your ass. By your logic Louisiana and every state west of the Mississippi has a stronger case to secede from the union than Texas. Texas' claim to this is based on the fact it was an independent nation before joining, something which NO OTHER state can claim. Even then Texas doesn't actually have a legal "leg up" over the other states to secede, it's just something Texans like to talk about because "fuck yeah Texas."
>>
>>125810
But to believe that the borders of the worlds nations with be status quo from now till forever is ridiculous.
>>
>>125592
>American-born Ukrainian investment banker who served as Ukraine's Finance Minister
Stopped reading right there. This is clearly a fearmongering article, with no credibility.
>>
>>126107
>investment banker
I bet she's Jewish
>>
nobody wants to be part of russia. russia doesn't have anything to offer as a hegemon for countries. under its influence.
the government is corrupt to the core, it's a natural resource economy, income inequality is staggering, and it's too ethnocentric to incorporate much diversity.

the only thing russia has going for it is a weapons industry increasingly loosing ground to both the east and west.
but there is no security benefit for a small country to join the federation given that nobody but russia is more threatening to any small country's sovereignty in the first place.
>>
>>126111
>nobody wants to be part of russia
What is Crimean peninsula, Abkhazia, Ossetia?
>>
>>126217
they were annexed lol. also everyone knows how Russian propaganda works so population of these lands (70-80% farmers and poor people) could believe in great Russia that wants to save them from Georgian/Ukrainian 'fascists'
>>
>>126107
>reading hurts my brain bawwww
>>
>>125592

God dam AUTISM!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.