[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Germany announces apology plans for colonization in Namibia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Germany has proposed a German-Namibian future foundation and structural fund as part of its atonement for the injustices of the German colonization of southwest Africa.

The fund would promote energy, education and housing projects as well as a land reform in Namibia, the Sächsiche Zeitung reported this week.

Germany’s Namibia Commissioner, Ruprecht Polenz (CDU), announced the atonement plans on Monday evening during a discussion with journalists in Berlin.

The fund would be accompanied by an official apology from Germany for the colonial crimes against the Herero and Nama peoples during the German colonial period.

"The question is only in what form the apology takes place so that it can also be accepted by the Namibian government," said Polenz.

Berlin ruled what was then called South West Africa as a colony from 1884 to 1915.

Incensed by German settlers stealing their land and cattle and taking their women, the Herero people launched a revolt in January 1904 with warriors butchering 123 German civilians over several days. The Nama tribe joined the uprising in 1905.

The colonial rulers responded ruthlessly and General Lothar von Trotha signed a notorious extermination order against the Hereros.

Rounded up in prison camps, captured Namas and Hereros died from malnutrition and severe weather. Dozens were beheaded after their deaths and their skulls sent to German researchers in Berlin for "scientific" experiments.

Up to 80,000 Hereros lived in Namibia when the uprising began. Afterwards, only 15,000 were left.

http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/Netanyahu-offers-condolences-to-British-Prime-Minister-May-485117
>>
Amazing, now that they're willing to pay up, can we finally just call it what it was, namely genocide, instead of using vague descriptions of "bad times" because we're afraid we'll get sued by Namibia for war crimes or whatever.
Though if you ask me we should just let them and then let all the "Reichsbürger" pay for it, seeing as they're the only remaining citizens of the Empire.
>>
>>124870
a reichsburger sounds delicious right now, are there any good rechsburger joints in america?
>>
>>124850
>housing projects

Not like last time, honest.
>>
>>124877
I'm pretty sure red robin had the Austroburger. Swiss, sauerkraut, pickles, and some ground sausage.
>>
>>124971
the plumbing totally has water inside guise, totally not, ehem gas.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.