[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Massive wall of molluscs native to Ukraine block London water network

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 14576270106220.jpg (103KB, 650x792px) Image search: [Google]
14576270106220.jpg
103KB, 650x792px
An infestation of zebra mussels has been discovered in a tunnel leading away from Walthamshow Reservoirs in London, clogging up the waterway.

Thames Water posted a photo of the blockage they found on Thursday during a routine inspection, asking: ‘Do you know what it is?’

Native to Ukraine, the zebra mussel is an invasive species that can cause serious problems.

http://zaxid.net/news/showNews.do?sadoviy_proponuye_stvoriti_rezervniy_poligon_tpv__u_chornobilskiy_zoni&objectId=1421254
>>
>>124385
>native to ukraine

Are russians really that desperate to make ukraine look bad?

Zebra mussels are native to ALL of E. europe. In fact, I think russia has the largest contiguous population of them in the world.

Holy fucking shit russians are stupid.
>>
>>124387
>Are russians really that desperate to make ukraine look bad?

god damn are you a stupid fuck..

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/21/massive-wall-of-molluscs-native-to-ukraine-block-london-water-network-6524082/
>>
>>124390

From http://cisr.ucr.edu/quagga_zebra_mussels.html, emphasis mine:
>Quagga and zebra mussels are aquatic invasive species that are native to EASTERN EUROPE. The quagga mussel originated from DNIEPER RIVER drainage of UKRAINE. The zebra mussel was first described from the lakes of SOUTHEAST RUSSIA and its natural distribution also includes the Black and Caspian Seas.

They are also described as being from the Volga and Ural rivers, both of which have nothing to do with Ukraine. Therefore, >>124387 is not wrong, these things were originally from across eastern Europe.

Also, these things are old news, they've been spreading to Britain since the early 19th century, a time at which Ukraine was controlled by THE RUSSIAN EMPIRE. So it is positively ridiculous to use this as a anti-Ukrainian propaganda piece in more ways than one.
>>
>>124385
>Why is the opening picture of protestors with raw chickens on sticks?
>Doesn't seem related. Maybe it's in the article?
>Nope.

Fuck off ruski, nobody will ever agree with your dumbass country.
>>
>>124390
Everyone you come in here and try to post an anti Ukraine article people call you out on it and you just call them stupid. Give it up Vladimir
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.