[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Donald Trump is destroying the Republican Party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 0

> Enter Trump, who has the temerity to point out that the party establishment says one thing but does another. He launched his campaign by calling the GOP’s bluff on immigration: If the 11 million people here without documents are really “illegal,” as the party loudly proclaims, then send them home. Other candidates were put in the position of having to explain why, after claiming that President Obama was somehow “soft” on immigration, their position on allowing the undocumented to stay is basically the same.

> Also, the party has long sought to capitalize on fear of terrorism by haranguing the president for not using the exact phrase “radical Islamic terrorism” (as if semantics could bring peace to Syria). So when, after the attack in San Bernardino, Calif. , Trump called for banning Muslims from entering the country, much of the Republican base was receptive. Other candidates had to backpedal and remind voters that George W. Bush made clear his “war on terror” was not a war against Islam.

> Trump has given voice to the ugliness and anger that the party spent years encouraging and exploiting. He let the cat out of the bag, and it’s hungry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-donald-trump-is-destroying-the-republican-party/2015/12/28/747668f6-ad9e-11e5-9ab0-884d1cc4b33e_story.html
>>
The party of: slavery, succession from the union (the Confederacy), segregation, the KKK, denying women the vote, killing children one month from being born, not executing murders, making sure only criminals have guns, Japanese american internment camps, and giving non Americans more rights than citizens.
Yep the Democrat Party.
How could Trump be worse?
>>
>>12474
>comparing mostly decades or century old history with recent history

I think you need to learn about perspective.
>>
>>12478
Pretending the Democrat Party was not behind maintaining slavery and the horrors of discrimination against minorities long after other civilized countries outlawed it is just a sign of how effective the propaganda is.
How does it feel to be defending your ignorance with "duh"??
>>
>>12425
Hopefully this will break the stranglehold of the two parties on American politics, and create more political options for voters. If the Democrats implode over Sanders that would be great too.
>>
Literally the only thing I wanted from this election was to BTFO the Republican establishment so badly they couldn't get jobs as dog walkers, and Donald Trump, bless his soul, is doing just that like he was born to do so.
>>
>>12488
Yeah I'm glad this election is giving both the Republican and Democrat establishment a good challenge.
>>
>Washington Post
>Compost

No thanks. After listening to Mark Levin talk about it, I've stopped reading their articles.
>>
>>12480
American political parties are loose affiliations with open membership and very little mandatory registration. The Democrats and the GOP have about as much to do with their 19th-century counterparts as modern China does with the Qing Empire.
>>
>>12495
It's more of a funeral procession in the making than a challenge.

Both party elites could be wiped out as a result of this election.
>>
>>12504
I never realized what a rag the WaPo was before this election.

I'm just disgusted with most of the media at this point.
>>
>>12539
Yes multiple entities have shown their true colors thanks to Trump running for president...
>>
>>12425
This almost reads like they're complementing the man until you get to the last line.

It's good to know the media is still completely terrified of Trump. Just keep it up, guys. You're only doing him favors.
>>
>>12590
Trump is doing the Left lots of favors with his presidential run... If they band together and vote for him whenever they can in the Primary Season that would surely take Trump to the top, and maybe, just maybe, on President Trump's exit address to the nation he can go "Fooled ya! It was all just a way to troll the GOP, after all!"
>>
>>12425
This is just more hype about Trump. I swear he is paying for this. He has to be.
>>
>>12425
To be fair, the Democrat party is falling a part too.
>>
>>12644
N-no it's not!

We're ready for Hillary!

She's gonna get Wall St. to knock it off thanks to her 9/11 experience!
>>
>>12684
That's what they said about Giuliani, too...
>>
>>12482
As an outsider looking in, I have to share your hopes.

US politics are a joke. You can pick one or the other, in reality, and most of the time the campaigns seem to consist of "My opponent sucks because..." as opposed to "I'm a viable option because..."
>>
>>12782
>might be getting paid to do it on the down-low

He's being paid by the base to destroy the establishment via a boatload of campaign donations and support, and in return he's getting the presidency.

You don't need some double agent conspiracy for this when 3/4 republican voters hate their party and would lynch congress if they got the chance.
>>
>>12766
No one cares what you think
>>
>>12511
>reasoning with /pol/tards
you deserve the headache
>>
>>12511
>>12821
>m-muh party switch!
It's a fucking myth you brain-dead redditors.

Republicans have went through a lot less changes than Democrats over history. In fact, I'd even argue that Republicans still care about blacks more than Democrats do (contrary to what the left spews) since they still support them being self-supporting and financially independent.

Once Democrats lost their slaves, they first worked on directly oppressing blacks and when that failed due to popular demand, they then used economic warfare against blacks to make blacks financial slaves to the Dems through welfare.

Why do you think the places where blacks are the poorest/have the worst crime/worst rates of illegitimacy are in entirely Democrat controlled cities that have been such for the last 60 years?

Hell, LBJ's administration even put policies that concentrated blacks into such communities
>>
>>12766
>US politics are a joke. You can pick one or the other

Shit meme

There are factions within both parties, but by voting along common ideological grounds you're more likely to get your candidate elected and get things done. Look at comrade Sanders, he's an """"independent"""" but is using DNC resources.

Europe apparently doesn't understand this and takes pluralism to full retard levels. Look at Swedenistan. The SDU has been effectively rendered powerless until the next election because every other party has refused to vote with it. That couldn't happen in America, and both establishments would have liked nothing better than to have incised Tea Partiers from the GOP. You've empowered factions, and the will of the majority suffers for it.
>>
>>12474
> he saw the word "Democrat" in a history book and thinks it's the same party

Was your education free or non-existent?
>>
>>12841
So are we now pretending that all the white supremacists on /pol/ are Democrats?
Or are we pretending that white supremacists who very clearly view black people as sub-human are somehow helping black people, but black people are just too inferior to realize that the people who view black as inferior creatures who deserve to be beaten and slaughtered are somehow on their side
>>
>>12841
You're assuming a dichotomy: if Democrats were pro-racism, then Republicans must have been anti-racism. History doesn't really bear that out; state and culture were far more important predictors than party affiliation.

Southern Democrats, like Southern Republicans, opposed civil rights. Northerners were in favor of it.
http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/28/republicans-party-of-civil-rights
>Nearly 100% of Union state Democrats supported the 1964 Civil Rights Act compared to 85% of Republicans. None of the southern Republicans voted for the bill, while a small percentage of southern Democrats did.
That same year, Sen. Barry Goldwater, one of the few non-Southerners to vote against the bill, won the GOP nomination for president.
>>
>>12918
The point is: the sea-change wasn't as simplistic as Democrats becoming Republicans and vice-versa.
What happened was that the parties lost their labels of "the party of the South" and "the party of the North" and became truly national institutions with primarily economic platforms.
>>
>>12841
>>12480
tbh lad, yes they might have done fuck ups in the past, but blaming the current party for things done by party 100 years ago simply doesn't add up. It's like blaming current america for the bombing of japan and slavery
>killing children one month from being born
>not executing murders
>making sure only criminals have guns
>giving non Americans more rights than citizens
these however, are the fault of the current party and they rightly deserve to be blamed for it, the others are simply too far back to blame them for.
I sure do hope you're not a /pol/ack because that would make me sad as a /pol/ack
>>
>>12425
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-donald-trump-is-destroying-the-republican-party/2015/12/28/747668f6-ad9e-11e5-9ab0-884d1cc4b33e_story.html
Thanks for the read, this seems to be quite a situation for the GOP.
>>
That couldn't happen in America,
>>12843
Your joking right? Have you never heard of filibusters?
>>
Let's put it this way.
If Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt rose from thier graves today, they sure as fuck won't recognize the Republican party as it is today. I blame the Dixiecrat strategy of the 60s myself.
>>
>>13163
Yes they would.
>>
>>12785
>You don't need some double agent conspiracy for this when 3/4 republican voters hate their party and would lynch congress if they got the chance.
this

it really is this simple, yet i've seen so many people trying to find some other reason for his support. even magic powers, literally.
>>
People are throwing screeching temper tantrums because Trump's polling numbers are high.

Trump's polling numbers are high because people are sick of being demonized just for disagreeing with SocJus. It's like an organized religion, including the part about trying to shove itself down people's throats. What does Trump have that Cruz doesn't? He has SocJus spewing salty tears, that's what.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.