[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Jacket Made From Electronic Thread Goes on Sale This Year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ-lcdMfziw

We have been trying to update our clothing for quite some time now. From clothing that can help us with our work out to something that can change to a new design on command, the concept of “smart clothing” isn’t entirely new. But when the biggest names in tech and fashion come together to sponsor a product, heads inevitably begin to turn.

Google and Levi have come together to unveil a simpler way to interface with technology through Project Jacquard. With conductive yarn, interactive textiles, and embedded electronics, this revolutionary jacket features a Bluetooth system that controls your device through gestures directed at the cufflinks.

Whether it’s changing songs, adjusting the volume, or figuring the best route to your destination — the gesture controls provide the wearer with a simper way to stay connected on the go while no one watching is any the wiser. The inconspicuous design is modeled after Levi’s trucker jacket, the Commuter Trucker, only underscoring the duality of comfort and control for the user. To top it off, the jacket also comes with its own app.

After 18 months of development, the jacquard project has gained some traction. The jacket has impressed many, but there’s no guarantee that it will be a success.

Wearable smart technology has had a difficult debut since google glass. Even today investors look at the apple watch the same anxiety, and it easy to understand why — consumers just don’t see the need for them yet.

However, unlike other forms of wearable technology where hardware takes heavy precedence, project jacquard was made without “blinking” on the jacket — rather, the textiles and intuitive interface is expected to speak for itself.

The smart jacket will release this fall at a retail price of $350.

https://futurism.com/a-jacket-made-from-electronic-thread-goes-on-sale-this-year/
>>
Oh. I was wondering when this was going to come out or if it was cancelled.
>>
That anime was terrible, even for anime. Not a single person died o__o
>>
>>123307
I mean, not a single person was killed.
>>
>>123307
Which anime?
>>
>>123309
Kil la kil

it might have been meant for girls
>>
So dependent
>>
>>123311
Have you seen Lo and Behold? We're already at the point where a solar flare of the right size will end civilization. We're completely helpless.
>>
I couldn't wear my jacket because it ran out of battery.
I couldn't smoke my cigarette because it ran out of battery.
I couldn't read my book because it ran out of battery.

This is the future you choose:
I couldn't shit in my toilet because it ran out of power.
I couldn't walk in my shoes because they ran out of battery.
I couldn't write in my notebook because it ran out of battery.
I couldn't write with my pen because it ran out of battery.
I couldn't open my door because it ran out of power.
I couldn't open my door because the card is demagnetized.
I couldn't play any games because they are all digital and the power's out.
>>
>>123316
>will end civilization.

Yeah no that's bullshit -- you need to look it up. First of all, electric grids in the U.S. and other countries and new grids are being made/remade based deeper underground and with redundant failure points so that shit like the 2003 East Coast blackout can't happen again, but the underground stuff also adds protection against solar flares of the intensity of the 1859 Carrington scale. But we don't know how big the solar storm can get, so if it's even more intense and penetrates even deeper, it kills the big transformers and shit -- not small-scale stuff and not the wires themselves. So the repairs stay local and can be done in stages. Hospitals have backup generators that run on gasoline, and those are in general available to buy.

The main concern during the 2003 blackout was a 3-day water boil order in several major cities, for which the first day included a no-drink order that left thousands unaware people sick for a week or two (luckily antibiotics were sufficient to keep the affected young and old safe, and the rest could just wait it out). An extended blackout from a solar storm would result in a much longer boil order, and people with electric stoves and hot plates would of course be fucked compared to those with gas stoves, so there'd also have to be some sharing going on. A one-day emergency-only driving ban is enforceable in cities as proved during the snowstorms two years ago in the East Coast, so it could probably be extended to force people to save gasoline for generators. The point is that in general there is enough of a backup infrastructure and precedent for cooperation and law to keep the first-world cities, where the biggest "risk" of apocalypse in those books is, running,

>>123343
Luckily most of these things have alternate analog functionality -- "An escalator can never break -- it can only become stairs." If they don't, boycott them. And only faggots smoke, vape, or chew tobacco.
>>
I'd say most of the things we make that utilize electricity are useless without power.
A powerless ereader becomes a paperweight.
A powerless vape-machine becomes a paperweight.
A powerless e-notebook (or tablet more likely) becomes a paperweight.
A powerless e-door becomes a wall.
A powerless video game becomes a paperweight.

Depending upon how they are built
A powerless e-jacket becomes a jacket with wire inside.
Powerless shoes become non-blinky shoes.
A powerless e-pen becomes a pen that can't record or do math
A powerless Japanese/e-toilet becomes a regular toilet, IIRC.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.