[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This Weird Mask Muffles Your Voice to Keep Phone Calls Private

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1466712332246.jpg (36KB, 640x393px) Image search: [Google]
1466712332246.jpg
36KB, 640x393px
Hushme is a bizarre high-tech mask that blocks the sound of the wearer’s voice so that people nearby can’t hear what is being said. It connects to your phone via Bluetooth and comes with a pair of earbuds. When you get a private call, all you have to do is put the muzzle-like mask on and it will do the rest. The pair of thick cushy pads over your mouth do a good job of muffling your voice, but to ensure nothing gets through, Hushme also features external speakers that play a variety of sounds when you speak.

The Hushme mask, which comes in a variety of colors, can be worn around the neck, like a regular pair of earphones, and attaches in front of your mouth thanks to a couple of very powerful magnets. It’s not yet clear how comfortable speaking with this Bane-like mask over your mouth really is, or how effective its speech muffling capability is, so all we know so far is that it makes you look weird.

The sound options for covering your voice currently include wind, ocean, rain, birds, monkey, squirrel, R2D2, laughing Minion and Darth Vader breath, but new ones could be added in the future.

While Hushme is promoted as a phone call privacy protection device, you could always use it to protect your ears from loud mouth co-workers at the office. Just slap this baby over their mouths and you can get on with your work.

Advertised as the “world’s first voice mask for mobile phones”, Hushme was unveiled at CES, at the beginning of this year. It’s not commercially available yet, but its makers plan to start a crowdfunding campaign in May, and to start selling it by the end of the year. Engadget reports that it will cost around $200.

http://www.odditycentral.com/technology/this-weird-mask-muffles-your-voice-to-keep-phone-calls-private.html
>>
That looks terrible.

Why not save 200 and either talk quietly or text?
>>
I don't like politics anymore. It feels like someone is constantly yelling things in my ear and I just want to shut them out. I don't want to think or discuss anything relating to politics ever again. Let others squabble and tear each other to shreds. I don't want to participate. It's really stressing me out. I don't like people. I just want to be alone. Leave me alone.
>>
>>123297
anyway, the nsa and cia is listening. privacy is a thing of the past. who cares which lube you use and what dragon dildos you own. we all own them. what's the problem?
>>
>>123318
for you
>>
>>123292
it doesnt matter who we are, what matters is our plan
>>
>>123292
>The sound options for covering your voice currently include wind, ocean, rain, birds, monkey, squirrel, R2D2, laughing Minion and Darth Vader breath, but new ones could be added in the future.

Not buying until there's a Bane voice pack.
>>
>>123317
this
>>
>gigantic fucking thing that will bulge out of your briefcase/backpack.

Just... why? I mean I guess if it doubles as high-qual noise-cancelling headphones that'd be worth it (it sort of looks like it might?). Cell phones are designed to pick up your voice at any volume no matter the environment when your mouth is at the proper position. Otherwise for those who have a medical condition in which they're not capable of speaking quietly, a low-tech muffling pad thingy instead of some $200 electronic gadget makes way more sense and would be way less annoying in a library or cafe or bus.

I ought to make a competitor product that is exactly the same but only uses noise-cancelling tech (which is widely-available code now) and not a gigantic muffler, so people who want R2D2 or wind/ocean or Bane can get it without the giant motherfucking baggage.
>>
>>123292
>how can I keep my conversation private
>Why not wear a massive fucking mask
>it also plays music whenever I speak

Seriously, who is this being marketed to?
>>
>how to look like an asshole
>>
>>123355

The absolute worst people.

>Rude enough to not excuse themselves for a phone call
>Egotistical enough to think you're listening in
>Dumb enough to waste $200 on this bullshit
>Asshole enough to play "minion laughing" the entire time they're talking
>>
>>123292
>no one cared who I was till I put on the mask
>>
>>123340
>I mean I guess if it doubles as high-qual noise-cancelling headphones that'd be worth it (it sort of looks like it might?).

You listen through it using goddamn earbuds, how does that look noise cancelling at all?
>>
>>123292
>Hushme also features external speakers that play a variety of sounds when you speak
the possibilities!
>>
>>123392
Came here to see this.
>>
>>123292
If only they didn't make it a retarded version of Darth Malak's face mask
>>
>>123406
>if I pull that off, will you die?
>>
>>123292
>>123322
Personally, I want salacious crumb laughing.
>>
>>123450
It would be extremely mumble mumble
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.