[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High-School Kids Slammed for Wearing USA-Themed Attire to a Basketball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 14855979590480.jpg (49KB, 364x600px) Image search: [Google]
14855979590480.jpg
49KB, 364x600px
The Iowa students apologized for causing offense.

Students at Valley High School in Iowa wore USA-themed gear during a basketball game — and fans of the opposing team, Des Moines North High School, are saying that was offensive.

According to local news source KCCI, Valley fans say that they’ve used a “USA” theme in the past for games against several different schools, but North’s fans are insisting that it was a personal attack against them because some of their students come from refugee families.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/445719/high-school-kids-usa-themed-attire-basketball-game
>>
>>121712
If USA is offensive to them that being in the USA is offensive, they gotta go.
>>
>>121712
Globalism is cancer
>>
>>121712
> it was a personal attack against them because some of their students come from refugee families.

Ok. I raged a little at this one
>>
>>121712
>but North’s fans are insisting that it was a personal attack against them because some of their students come from refugee families.

Clearly they should have done background checks on every family from the opposing team before daring to be patriotic, huh?

What a load of shit.
>>
So we're using this to enforce a viewpoint, right? I can't tell. Cause while this incident is bull shit and people shouldn't let petty things get to them, on its own this is just an isolated incident.
>>
>>121723
It's the National Review. What did you expect? The Ghost of William F. Buckley should haunt them over their support of Trump anyway.
>>
>>121714
How so?
>>
>>121723
>if it hurts the left's narrative, it's just an isolated incident
>it's just right wing propaganda!
It's a warning sign we're going the way of the EU. In Sweden, this is the government-sanctioned norm, not an isolated incident.
>>
>>121742
Imperialism abroad, communism at home. Everyone loses, except for the elite.
>>
>>121755
Who are "the elite"?
>>
>>121767
billionaires. You know, like all the ones in the white house
>>
>>121712
>The Iowa students apologized for causing offense.
Though they didn't admit they "are" an offense, offensive.
But what kid isn't? Likely the place was filled with offense. Another example of "innocents" denying "cause and effect." Consequences.
>>
>>121712
god damn that guy is an embarrassment.

I am no longer a pansexual gender binary feminist athiest vegan ecologist queer slut animal OR human rights activist.

I really liked being liberal too :(
>>
>>121830
You'll always be a traitor in my mind. Even if you change later, you've already committed the sin and nothing you do will absolve you of it.
>>
>>121831
Fine then, fuck it.

I am DOUBLE pansexual gender binary feminist athiest vegan ecologist queer slut and a animal/human/illegal alien rights activist forever.

Donald Trump is a hillary plant conspiracy for RUSSIA WIKILEAKS hacking the election and the popular voted he literally IVANKA HIS OWN DAUGHTER not to mention he hates his other daughter and his immigrant WIFE barely speaks english and Trump hates IMMIGRANTS and the the nuclear codes TWEETS a spelling errors and hes so RICH but also he's gone BANKRUPTCY and someone please believe he hes a RACIST NAZI ZIONIST

#imwithher
>>
>>121712
Digeneracy is strong with this one.
>>
>>121845
I want to see this same thing but with "hitler did nothing wrong" "praise kek" and frog pictures all over it.
>>
>>121848
Yeah we can always use more reddit ruining everything
>>
>>121849
Are you saying /pol/ is reddit? I don't disagree.
>>
>>121851
Since the election, IP flags, and (you) yes it basically is reddit

It's just awkward now
>>
>>121769
Bingo
>>
>>121755
Interesting perspective
>>
>>121769
>>121862
>pls join my commune we need money
>>
>>121753
>>if it hurts the left's narrative, it's just an isolated incident
>>it's just right wing propaganda!
Well, it's just one basketball game. Does it affect anyone outside of it? Then it is isolated. If it keep happening in other basketball games, then yet this is a pattern. I ain't trying to be unfair buddy, just the opposite. Fuck partisanship, it's the worst thing about politics. Country before party.
>>
>>121904
Shut the fuck up. Just shut the fuck up already. Every single time someone points out something so asinine and absurd like this, where high school athletes are being shamed for wearing USA gear, someone like you comes out of the woodwork to try and ease down the tension and satiate everyone into thinking it's just an isolated incident.

It's not. This specific details of this one incident might be, but the general trend of the American left policing everything someone says, does, or wears has shown itself numerous times in the recent past, especially on college campuses where questioning the costume police can get you pilloried in a courtyard by a gaggle of Red Guard LARPers. This is merely the same thing trickling down through education the same way other bouts of leftwing lunacy have.

Stop downplaying shit like this because it's either inconvenient to your politics or because you're afraid of what this trend means.
>>
>>121767
jews
>>
>>122690
You seem mad. You're watching too much news? This is annoying yes, but your alternative is worse. That's the real problem here. You seem to think civil rights are less important then your...I don't want to say privilege cause that's cliche, but that's the word isn't it? You don't have a problem, and I wish you could deal with that.

In the meantime, I promise if I meet these guys I'll explain why they're fags. Cause I agree with you that they're annoying, but that's all they deserve.
>>
>>123761
You are literally telling someone that their anger over the silencing of a group of people who unknowingly may have offended someone comes from them being privileged. Not only that, but you go on to accuse said individual of trying to trample others rights, even when they said nothing of the sort.

What exactly is your endgame with these kinds of statements?
>>
>>121712
No Duh!
You're in America, hence the use of the American flag you dumb cunts.
>>
>>121712
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. My school needled opposing teams for any thing that could be mocked. Not that anyone should complain about it.
>>
>>123778
>What exactly is your endgame with these kinds of statements?
Ur demize
>>
>>123761
I am mad. That doesn't mean I'm wrong though and focusing on whether or not I'm mad shows you're desperate for any point of contention here.

Do you honestly think this shit is a matter of civil rights? I think you're the privileged one if you think screaming at buzzed white girls wearing head dresses is a lesser evil than the costume itself. You have the privilege to sink to such navel gazing, relativistic lows that you're labeling the wearing of USA-themed gear in the fucking USA as a matter of civil rights because the opposing team had too many foreigners on it. I do have a problem, because leftwing culture police exists and intellectual cowards like you do nothing but run interception whenever they piss someone off with their insane bullshit.

You're not going to do anything. You're certainly not going to tell people like this to fuck off, because if people like you were doing that they wouldn't have the power to pull shit like this in the first place. You're just going to sit there and wring your hands with "me too.. but!" excuses designed to placate people your extremists are antagonizing. You're voluntarily turning yourself into a fucking political placebo because you're either too much of a coward to deal with your extremists or you agree with them enough that it's beneficial for you to disarm opposition by pretending to be a moderate. You're fucking transparent.
>>
>>123977
How many people were "screaming" ? 2? 3? It's a convenient straw man for you use, no?
>>
>>123978
It's not a strawman if it keeps happening over and over. It's not a strawman if the political thoughts feeding into the dynamic are being taught and reinforced in every other progressive class that touches on the subjects of privilege or cultural appropriation or microaggressions. Where do you think people get ideas like this in the first place? They don't just manifest out of thin air.

Moderate leftists have shown they have no political will nor the spine to deal with this shit and so it just keeps on happening over and over while they do nothing but make pussyfooted excuses and act as an intellectual and tribalistic bulwark for utter insanity.
>>
>>123979
>It's not a strawman if it keeps happening over and over.
>it's happened less than 10 times in the past 10 years
I don't know about you, but that's a classic strawman argument where I went to school. For a country with 325 million people in it that also enjoys the freedom of expression is guaranteed in the first amendment, including the freedom to protest other people's free speech, it really doesn't happen all that much. Further, when you consider how there are thousands of girls high school basketball games played in America every year, it reduces the incident to its proper context among less than a dozen other examples. Anecdotal evidence like this is often cherrypicked to provide false framing for a certain 'sky is falling/clutch at pearls' narrative when in reality these are unconnected isolated incidents that don't represent any kind of statistical significance.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.