[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nicola Sturgeon announces second Scottish independence referendum

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/second-scottish-independence-live-referendum-nicola-sturgeon-brexit-speech-second-indy-ref-2-uk-eu-a7626746.html

>The Scottish Government will move to hold a second referendum on independence from the United Kingdom, the country's First Minister has announced.

>Nicola Sturgeon made the announcement in a speech on Monday morning at Bute House, as MPs in Westminster prepared to give Theresa May the power to trigger Article 50 and begin Brexit negotiations.

>She said the UK Government had "not moved even an inch in pursuit of compromise and agreement" with the Scottish Government over Brexit and that even a good deal would be "significantly inferior" to the status quo.

>"If Scotland can be ignored on an issue as important as the EU and the single market then it is clear that our voice can be ignored at any time and on any issue," she said.
>>
>>121318

So, a real brexit then, as in an actual exit from Britain. Do it Scotland, for FREE-DOM!
>>
Scottish independence, free of England but wants to be bitched by the EU. Never worked that one out.
>>
>>121349
about time scots will be finally free.
>>
>>121362
You can't be free if your in the EU, how is that Independence?
>>
>>121486
Can't see the difference between EU and Westminster?
Well you didn't see the other thread so I'm not surprised.
>>
>>121349
>>121488
In fact about a third of SNP supporters supported leaving the EU so actually it might be an interesting few years for the SNP.

The Tories will likely play for the Scottish referendum to be held after the end of quitting the EU. SNP can't force it, there isnt strong public support for another referendum, plus it will have been a very short generation either way
>>
Westminster is corrupt, EU is corrupt, Caviar Queen of Scotland is corrupt, we know this. Think about close 40% Scots voted to leave the EU. SNP's one party politics is a joke.
>>
>>121537
Caviar Queen is an agent. not fighting for Scotland's best interests. We Know of the False Dichotomy. Normals are given clues but they still don't get it LOLS.
>>
>>121537
>SNP's one party politics is a joke.
I feel sorry for Scotland to be honest. Devolved politics seemed like a nice thing to give. Turned out to be a poisoned chalice.
>>
>>121318
>>implying it isnt May's choice if there is to be a vote

lol. Scotland prepare to eat haggis.
>>
I have always thought that Scottish were famous in Europe for their rebellous attitude, the love for their folklore and their braveheart, but now they're just little cucks who want to suck the dick of the stronger slave owner.
>>
>>121537
>Think about close 40% Scots voted to leave the EU

That means Scots voted to remain by a bigger margin than the UK in general voted to leave.
>>
>>121349
Scotland seeks union of erdogan and merkel
>>
>>121486
One is sovereign and the other is a German power play?
>>
>>123937
>a German power play
Why hate on the Germans?

Just as silly as Scotland hating England for being biggest.
>>
>>123939
>Why hate on the Germans?
merkel. no one cares about wwii anymore, well at least not here anyway
>>
>>121319
It's not freedom. It's slavery to the EU. They had their chance at freedom, and they fucked it. THEYFUCKEDIT!!!!!!
>>
>>121683
As a Scot, I hope May denies it. Sturgeon and Salmond were quite clear about it being a once in a generation event. She despite losing the first time, her tunnel vision has only gotten narrower. Sturgeon is only interested in living out some childish fantasy of "freeing" Scotland from the great evil of England.
>>
>>123970
>It's not freedom. It's slavery to the EU.

rolf. be free my fat featherless chicken! i trust you will get along with all the sharks in the pull!
>>
>>123939
>Why hate on the Germans?

Because for the last hundred and three years they've routinely tried to destroy everything Europe worked for, and are now succeeding?
>>
>>121349
>Scottish independence, free of England but wants to be bitched by the EU. Never worked that one out.
It's been happening for 700 years.
Even when William Wallace was a thing, Scots were allied with France.

Checkm8
>>
>>125486
Germany didn't start ww1
>>
>>125486
>ecause for the last hundred and three years they've routinely tried to destroy everything Europe worked for

top kek. i wonder where i should put britbongs into.
>>
>>121488
Its a lot easier to negotiate a fair bargain when its just two people at the table rather than 50. And half of whom are just leeches anyway.

Makes more sense to just break all ties or go along for the ride if reneogiating everything is scary.
>>
>>125486
that not the muslim?
>>
>>125590
>top kek. i wonder where i should put britbongs into.
Actually, after losing the 100 years war, Britain changed its policy forever and set to dismantle continental powers as soon as they arose.

Thanks to its privileged strategic position, the British crown had always been able to back weak powers against the strong ones in the Continent...
>Spain vs. Napoleon
>Poland vs. Hitler
Just to name a few.
>>
>>123970
>It's slavery to the EU.

Nope, it's a contract with the EU, which can be ended, as seen in the Brexit.

Look, i have nothing against the brits, they are just wankers. But the scots, they get ruled by wankers.

Here is their chance to stand tall for once.

>>125486
So the germans are behind the Brexit then?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.