[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WE GATTACA NOW: Prove You're Not an Invalid or Pay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

File: vincent.jpg (178KB, 1200x813px) Image search: [Google]
vincent.jpg
178KB, 1200x813px
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/10/employers-could-demand-genetic-testing-under-congressional-bill.html
>>
I think it's time to abolish employers.
>>
>>120876
thats right comrade bread lines for all
>>
>>120887
the state can make all the hiring decisions.
>>
>>120872
Rather than get all triggered by this stuff, that is caused by your crazy healthcare system. Maybe you could reform your crazy healthcare system so that employers have nothing to do with it.

For me the whole healthcare debate is at total odds with 'The American Dream'. I thought that you were a country where if you work hard you can achieve anything. Well I've got news for you illness is no respecter of hard work. You can't work your way out of childhood leukaemia or MS. That shit doesn't discriminate between hard work and sloth. Why don't you just admit that your message is totally inconsistent. Put in place a system that smooths out peaks and troughs of illness, for everybody. Give them all a shot at your American Dream.
>>
>>120896
fucking hell do you really think that would be an improvement
>>
>>120903
I trust the state more than the free market, so yeah.
>>
>>120904
the free market just does what ever will produce the most profit, the state on the other hand jesus christ man how can you be so ignorant, do you really think politicians will put your best interest over them gaining more power?
>>
>>120933
>do you really think politicians will put your best interest over them gaining more power?

Yes, that's why we have a democratic system. Them gaining power is contingent upon us deciding whom to vote for.

Of course, one needs more than people who like your platform to be elected. One also needs support for your platform and media to deliver your message to the electorate. Which is why Citizens United is disastrous, because corporations with hundreds of billions to donate to influence elections are now effectively a fourth branch of government. And it was the right wing that supported that decision, which Democrats resisted.
>>
>>120937
google useful idiots and read 1984.
>>
>>120903
Yes comrade now open wide.
>>120933
>Doesnt trust politicians
>Puts all his faith into politicians
>>
>>120937
holy shit youre bluepilled. democracy is just a scam. only fascism or anarchocapitalism can guarantee true freedom.
>>
>>120943
I'm not >>120937

Read yourself. 1984 is a nice panopticon parable, but reality is a little jucier than that.

Money is power. Hell, that's the only reason Trump went after the presidency--he hasn't been very good at making money.
>>
>>120887
I'd rather starve to death and give them one last big "fuck you" before I go.
>>
>>120933
The free market sticks its grubby little fingers wherever it can. It's just a matter of time before it gets them chopped off.
>>
You people should probably actually read the article and maybe try to restrict your comments to relevant shit.
>>
>>120964
Thats literally double speak.
Democracy offers freedom. Men corrupt its implementation.
>>
>>120872
This is dumb, but the article is written pretty poorly so I have no fucking idea what it's talking about. Maybe it's because I'm not an American but if you're in a wellness program and you have genetic problems your employer can make you pay more for your health insurance? I can see this getting challenged all the way to the supreme court in the unlikely event it passes.

>>121115
Yeah and communism offers partnership
Monarchies/dicators offer direction
Anarchy offers freedom in its purest form

That doesn't mean what works on paper will work in real life. Democracy is just as corrupt the more power you give leaders, which is why giving leaders complete control in communism/dictatorships never work out.

Anyways this has nothing to do with the fucking topic, kill yourself hippy.
>>
>>120974
>Hell, that's the only reason Trump went after the presidency--he hasn't been very good at making money.

>https://www.forbes.com/sites/jenniferwang/2016/05/20/donald-trump-reports-50-increase-in-income-staggering-uptick-in-revenues-from-select-properties/#178c5ff43633
>>
>>120933
>politicians only do what will gain them more power
>the free market exists in the interest of everyone
how's the weather in ass-backwards land?
>>
Sounds like a poison pill to derail the replacement of Obamacare.

I don't think genetic testing will be promoted until all the people who became parents in the 70's are dead. I view there is a direct link between between stories of wife-swapping AF pilots of the era and the current evangelical nature of the AF academy.

t. my dad's family seems to be missing from my 23&me data
>>
>>121885
More pls

some sauce too
>>
>>121226
>which is why giving leaders complete control in communism/dictatorships never work out.

It worked in Singapore.
Granted Lee Kaun Yew had a group of advisors to help him out.
>>
>>120887
It'll be that way unless you're the lucky few who meet the narrow definition of genetically "normal".. whatever that is.
>>
>>120933
>do you really think politicians will put your best interest over them gaining more power?

The Government and Corporations are one and the same nowadays.

ObamaCare was written by and for the insurance, medical and pharmaceutical industries and now it's coming back to bite Leftists (and all Americans) on the ass.

Just wait until they grant the 10-20-30-? million illegal Mexicans amnesty and they all get "free" health care as newly minted Americans...
>>
>>122120
That's why this has to stop.

We cannot handle that many illegals. Thry need to go back. Even the anchor babies.
>>
>>122160
How far back should this extend? Should all immigrants and anchor babies since the 1980s go back? The 1880s? The 1580s?
>>
>>122206
If your parents are illegal aliens who birthed you on US soil, you're not a citizen. You and your family need to go back to where they came from. It's a thing we have called following the law.

Quit trying to make the issue complicated just because you don't like it.
>>
>>122206
>The 1580s?
Also wtf read a history book
>>
>>122214
>what is the 14th amendment
it's literally that simple, one sentence, read the constitution before you enter into a political discussion please

also you should probably take your own advice and read a history book
>>
>>122220
That was for slaves, not illegal aliens. This is not even debatable.
>>
>>122206
If even one of your parents was an immigrant, legal or not, then you and that parent should be deported.
>>
>>122223
im afraid you don't get to pick and choose which parts of the constitution you like and pretend the others don't exist, this is why amendments exist in the first place ffs

>>122225
the child is a citizen by the constitution as it stands
>>
>>122225
I prefer the term "evacuated." Gives you a little more leeway and what should happen to invalids.

>>122228
>the child is a citizen by the constitution as it stands

Simply make a new amendment allowing the government to revoke citizenship. Its not like states haven't done this shit in the past.
>>
>>122225
This is that leftist trying to make republicans look shitty. Fuck off retard.

>>122228
Its not picking and choosing. Laws exist for a certain REASON.

Are you honestly arguing that legal loopholes are justice?

Woman pregnant steps one foit on America, drops baby (we pay of course) and now that child is a citizen!

Give me a fucking break. You cannot be this stupid. If you want illegals legal, get a real argument.

>>122229
Legal immigrants are not the same as illegal aliens. Stop shitting up my party.
>>
>>122232
>Legal immigrants are not the same as illegal aliens. Stop shitting up my party.

Bannon: “Isn’t the beating heart of this problem, the real beating heart of it, of what we got to get sorted out here, is not illegal immigration, as horrific as that is and it’s horrific, don’t we have a problem and we’ve looked the other way on this legal immigration and how it’s overwhelmed the country? When you look and it’s got 61 million, 20 percent of the country is immigrants. Is that not a massive problem? You were with Jeff Sessions for many, many, many years. Is that not the beating heart of this problem?”

https://soundcloud.com/breitbart/breitbart-news-daily-donald-trump-november-5-2015#t=16:23

Trump: We have to be careful of that, Steve. You know, we have to keep our talented people in this country. I think you agree with that. Do you agree with that?

Bannon: When two-thirds or three-quarters of the CEOs in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think ... A country is more than an economy. We’re a civic society.
>>
>>122236
Bannon is woke AF. Is he /ourguy/ or what?
>>
>>122229
you couldn't be more correct, until then the constitution is the law, i guess you'd better get started lobbying your senator

>>122232
>>All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
the intention of this was to afford people who had no choice in their place of birth citizenship, there is no precedent which paints the children of illegal immigrants as anything other than citizens, and the 14th amendment is currently being used to afford citizenship to the children of immigrants both legal and illegal

if you can point to a case where the 14th amendment has been explicitly denied as a basis for citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants then we can go there, but to the best of my knowledge this is yet to happen, and it's still up for debate whether or not a judge would make a decision like this, the spirit of the law here is to protect people who had no choice in their place of birth, which is exactly who the children of illegals are
>>
>>122236
That doesn't mean deporting legal inmigrants.

If tge commit a crime... Bye bye.

But the point is to stop future immigration.
>>
>>122238
>the intention of this was to afford people who had no choice in their place of birth citizenship
NO IT WAS NOT

the point is to grant protection and rights to former SLAVES from racist ass democrats.

>blah blah blah let's conflate this issue

Fuck off anytime
>>
>>122265
You know what, I'm taking that back,

>>122255
i think I misunderstood your position, after you brought up the spirit of the law i got a little distracted, when it was proposed there was extensive debate around the issue of children of illegal immigrants, and it was understood that the 14th amendment affords citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants, in fact the wording was voted for in light of this debate and passed in this form, today this interpretation stands

you can verify this yourself here in the debates and proceedings of the 39th Congress, april 30th to june 8th
https://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amlaw/lwcglink.html#anchor39
>>
>>122271
I serched the text and it doesnt say anything about immigrants or illegal aliens.

Did you just lie thinking I wouldn't actually check?

The 14th ammendment is for slaves. You link makes that clear. Case closed.
>>
>>122435
the most fun part of this is that this "news" were published during W.Bush junior. and today you fuck are still blarking about
>>
>>122437
Ever heard of a RINO

There's a reason republicans hate their party. Its nothing but backstabbing from them.
>>
>>122271
Did you really just go on the internet and mislead people? It doesnt say anything like that.

All these illegal aliens are getting deported, if this is the best youve got.
>>
>>121226
American healthcare is chock full of stupid shit. Just go look into all the shit with the tag line of "Being a woman is considered a precondition"

Jokes aside, the shit companies can get away with is staggering.
>>
>>122435
>did you lie thinking I wouldn't actually check
no, I thought you would actually check, but given the lazy pseudo intellectualism of your posts I guess I shouldn't have

>p2890
Howard
"The first ammendment is to section one, declaring that "all persons born in the United States, and subject to the juristiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside." ... This ammendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born whithin the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Governement of the United States, but will include every other class of persons."

Cowan
"...Is the child of the Chinese immigrant in California a citizen? Is the child of a Gypsy born in Pennsylvania a citizen?"

>p2891
Conness
"...The proposition before us, I will say, My. President, relates simply in that respect to the children begotten of Chinese parents in California, and it is proposed to declare that they shall be citizens. We have declared that by law, now it is proposed to incorporate the same provision in the fundamental instrument of the nation. I am in favor of doing so. I voted for the proposition to declare that the children of all parentage whatever, born in California, should be regarded and treated as citizens of the United States, entitled to equal civil rights with other citizens of the United States."

>p3042
the vote carries 33 to 11

>>122475
Oh goodness, a hypocrite
>>
Steady employment will be a thing of the past soon anyway. What's the problem?
>>
>>122595

You just proved that this ammendment doesn't apply to illegal aliens HAJAHHHAHA you fricking idiot!!!!

Thank you for this. I didn't know they actually said it excludes aliens lmao I will quote you now.

>pp2890
>Howard
"The first ammendment is to section one, declaring that "all persons born in the United States, and subject to the juristiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the States wherein they reside."

>This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Governement of the United States, but will include every other class of persons."

See that? That's the best part.

>This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens

OF COURSE IT DOESNT APPLY TO ALIENS

YOU PSEUDO-INTELLECTUAL FUCK AHAHAHAHA read your own links faggot
>>
>>120896
and to think liberals used to be anti-government
>>
>>122633
You idiot, it's specifically referring to people like the sons and daughters of foreign dignitaries

>this will not include people who are born in the United states who are foreigners, aliens who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the government

Did you even read the rest of the quotes I posted for you? No, clearly not otherwise your would have noticed the part about people born in the United states who are subject to a foreign power, which was debated for days because of indians

Did you even read the records in the first place? No, by your own admission

Apply yourself, the United states government has applied fourteen amendment rights to millions of anchor babies because this is in the constitution, it's the law, just Google the phrase "does the fourteenth amendment apply to illegal immigrants children" and you'll find a slew of articles explaining the same thing

Trump is wrong about the fourteenth amendment
>>
>>122642
You must be feeling so stupid right now hahahaha

Its not just about foreign dignitaries. It says it does not include foreigners, OR aliens who belong to ambassadors.

>This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States

>This will not, OF COURSE, include foreigners

Illegal immigrants are foreigners

They are specifically excluded from the 14th ammendment! It says it right there...

>All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and the State wherein they reside
>""""""""""This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners,"""""""""""" aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.

It goes on, referencing the purpose of this amendment (salvery)

>It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

What was this "great question?" Was it about black rights, or fucking illegal immigrants? Lol come on dude
>>
>>122651
just read the rest of my post here
>>122595
the question is specifically asked by cowan, following up howard, are the children of immigrants citizens, the wording was then debated for days, and this wording was passed into the constitution in the understanding that children of immigrants are citizens

it also does not say
>foreigners or aliens who belong to ambassadors
as you claim, what it actually says is
>...foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors...
"aliens who belong" not "or aliens who belong"

you still haven't even read the debate, its not even long, just go here
https://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amlaw/lwcglink.html#anchor39
pages 2890 to 2892 will be the most relevant

get it right lad, children of immigrants who are born in the us, are citizens by their birthright, this bit isnt even the bit that is up for debate
>>
>>122660
>children of immigrants who are born in the us
Yes LEGAL immigrants. That's why the ammendment specifically states that it does not include foreigners, which us what an illegal alien is.

This is very simple: follow the law
>>
>>122635

Liberals don't base their policy ideas on being pro- or anti-government.

We think that's a distraction.

We want policies based on science and humanism. We think that's best for long-term, collective interest. That is the standard what we measure our ideas against.

Certainly not all liberals; some are quite anti-intellectual, and by extension anti-science when it fits their narrative. But more generally, liberalism by its nature seeks reform, looks for where society can be improved and tries to implement those improvements.
>>
>>122665
So you want to steal all my shit and give it to poor drug abusers.

Aka communism. Just kidding. But it's communism right?
>>
>>122662
no, now you are grasping, there is not a distinction between illegal and legal immigrants in the constitution

this is not a simple issue, certainly if one is to follow the law, and take it as it stood when it was drafted then the children of illegal immigrants are citizens by birthright, as i said earlier, there is no legal precedent which paints the children of illegal immigrants as anything other than citizens, and there is only legal precedent that does is a brief footnote from the supreme court in 1982 which states that children of illegal immigrants who were born in the us are citizens, without explanation.
>>
>>122673
You know this is buttshit.

What you don't know is Trump will fix this mess lickety-split.
>>
>>122678
you know what, i do think its bullshit, to pretend that the same conditions that existed when the 14th amendment was ratified exist now is foolish at best

it is the law today, whether it should be the law is another story, it will be very interesting to see how the debate around
>and subject to the jurisdiction thereof
will pan out, my opinion is that although there is a case to be made that a foreign citizen is subject to the jurisdiction of a foreign power, if they are on us soil they are entirely under the jurisdiction of the us govt, they obey the laws of the land, are subject to them, and then the bill of rights and the constitution govern how they must be treated, it is the promise of america that all men are created equal, and committing a crime does not justify having ones rights taken, much less the rights of your children, so to unilaterally cast the children of immigrants, legal or illegal as non citizens goes against what america is about

worse still is to imagine what anchor babies would become if they were not citizens by birth, taking citizenship from will likely make them nationless, and turns them from any hope of a productive life, sending them to crime and destitution, there are some who do think that the children of illegals should not be citizens, but they are few and far between, the prevailing opinion is that they are citizens

i do not think a constitutional amendment will pass on this issue today, especially if this issue is painted as right vs left like the media seems so intent on doing, and the supreme court will not remove citizenship from the children of illegal immigrants
>>
>>121885
Your dad is cucked
>>
>>122665
>But more generally, liberalism by its nature seeks reform
Fuck liberals are stupid.
Every political party wants reform... You think your special just because your liberal/progressive.

Name one political party that thinks everything is perfect the way it is.
There are none, they wouldn't get votes.

Conservatives are elected because they want reform. Liberals are elected beause they want reform. Socialists are elected because they want reform.

EVERY POLITICAL PARTY WANTS REFORM IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER. Your not special because your liberal
>>
>>122665

at this point "liberals" just means anyone you don't like
>>
>>122665
Liberals want death. Humanism is a philosophy that shackles mankind's greatness. We are not equal, and the greatest thing a people can do is kill another and take their wealth as their own. Warfare leads to progress. Imperialism is the natural state of the superior race. Humanism makes weak men out of strong.

Science will always be feckless and antihuman in the face of purity of thought. Faith, passion, and action are infinitely more powerful then science. It is not numbers that move men, but rage and anger.

>Fascism denies that numbers, as such, can direct human society. It denies that numbers can govern by means of periodical consultations: It asserts the unavoidable fruitful and beneficent inequality of men who cannot be leveled by any such mechanical and extrinsic device as universal suffrage.

>The Fascist accepts life and loves it, knowing nothing of and despising suicide; he rather conceives of life as duty and struggle and conquest, life which should be high and full, lived for oneself, but above all for others — those who are at hand and those who are far distant, contemporaries, and those who will come after.

>Above all, Fascism, in so far as it considers and observes the future and the development of humanity quite apart from political considerations of the moment, believes neither in the possibility nor the utility of perpetual peace. It thus repudiates the doctrine of Pacifism — born of a renunciation of struggle and an act of cowardice in the face of sacrifice. War alone brings up to its highest tension all human energy and puts the stamp of nobility upon the people who have the courage to meet it. All other trials are substitutes, which never really put a man in front of himself in the alternative of life and death.

>For Fascism, the growth of Empire, that is to say the expansion of the nation, is an essential manifestation of vitality, and its opposite a sign of decadence.

- "The Doctrine of Fascism"
>>
>>122705
He probably did his share of secretaries and cucks once he had the power.

It gets me wondering how much of this is done and just not talked about. The way some people are above reproach because they know where the bodies are buried is the same way others are promoted because they are in on the dirty secrets.

On the other hand, surreptitious access to genetic data would let people with power poach from the working class. Say like the boss hooks you up with their niece. That would avoid inbreeding when marrying to keep their wealth intact.
>>
>>122815
Despite all this rage, you're still just a shitpost on a page.
>>
>>124075
kekkers
>>
>>122815
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UmfqFjpl0
>>
>>120887
I've never understood what the alternative is to bread lines if you are unemployable on a "mentally and physically insufficient" level.

If it would be foolish for anyone to hire you for even meaningful tasks, do you suggest to force employers to make a cut themselves, have the state do it, or just kill the people for having the condition of being subpar?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.