[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PETA shelter was a 'slaughterhouse,' group claims

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1465706631515.jpg (45KB, 876x493px) Image search: [Google]
1465706631515.jpg
45KB, 876x493px
A national consumer non-profit group is assailing People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, for killing more than 1,000 dogs and cats last year at its headquarters in Norfolk, Va.

In a press release, the Center for Consumer Freedom calls PETA’s shelter at its Virginia location a “slaughterhouse” where it “has once again massacred scores of potentially adoptable pets.”

PETA, the group said, is hypocritical.

PETA for years has been a target of criticism for its high rate – more than 80 percent over the years – of euthanasia at the shelter, the only one it runs, according to the Religion News Service.

PETA officials have said that animals suffer far worse fates than euthanasia, such as illness, pain, and not being adoptable.

Will Coggin, director of research for the Center for Consumer Freedom, told Fox News that his organization wants the public to know that PETA is two-faced when it presents itself as a defender of animals.

“PETA’s disregard for the lives of animals is disgraceful,” Coggin said.

He said the animal-rights group routinely kills over a thousand pets each year.

“It would be better if PETA never even touched the animals, that way they might actually have a chance at life,” he said. “PETA holds itself out as a savior, but it is really just a Grim Reaper.”

PETA euthanized 1,411 cats and dogs last year, according to the consumer group, which said that while Virginia shelters killed an average of 16.9 percent of the animals in their care, PETA killed nearly 72 percent.

Virginia lawmakers were concerned about PETA’s extraordinarily high rate of euthanasia and even set out to redefine the term animal shelter to refer to a place whose primary mission is to find a permanent home for pets.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/08/consumer-group-blasts-peta-for-euthanizing-high-rate-animals-at-its-shelter.html
>>
“It’s sanctimonious to say they are lovers of animals,” Virginia State Sen. William M. Stanley Jr. said to Religious New Service in 2015. “It’s a way station of death, and it’s a shame.”

In response to a request for comment, PETA sent Fox News an email saying that the euthanasia should be in context of the vast ways the organization helps animals.

It did not deny killing more than 1,400, noting that “PETA operates a rescue team—which is on call 24/7 to offer relief to abused and suffering animals—as well as a single ‘shelter of last resort’ that takes in mostly aggressive, sick, elderly, injured, feral, and otherwise unadoptable animals, many of whom have been turned away by shelters with limited-admission policies.”

The PETA email said that the consumer group “altogether fails to include or explain our organization's lifesaving work in our community or the condition of the sick and dying animals PETA takes in.”

PETA often maintains that its kill rate is higher because it takes animals that other shelters won’t accept.

PETA’s website said: “So-called ‘no-kill’ or ‘turn-away’ shelters, which are supported by supposed animal rights activist Nathan Winograd, have the luxury of not euthanizing animals because they turn away needy ones whom they deem unadoptable.”

“To be able to offer refuge to every animal in need, open-admission shelters must euthanize unadopted and unadoptable animals. The alternative—turning them away—is cruel and leaves the animals in grave danger.”

Elizabeth Llorente is Senior Reporter for FoxNews.com, and can be reached at [email protected]. Follow her on https://twitter.com/Liz_Llorente
>>
Animal lovers already know what PETA does. The SPCA and the Humane Society condemned them years ago. FoxNews can save its fake outrage for the next Trump story.
>>
>>120030
FOX News does not fake outrage. You're thinking of every other network.
>>
>>120031
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh288/krispos42/Screen%20captures/foxnews.jpg
>>
In the eyes of peta carniverous pets(and humans who eat meat) ultimately represent years of animal cruelty. A medium sized dog breed will consume the equivalent numerous animals over a full lifespan, better to kill one animal than many for food. If peta could kill meat eating humans they would.
>>
>>120031
>dijon mustard
>arugala
>>
>>120077
>arugala

I have only ever heard this word in Mouse Hunt and I am convinced therefore that it does not really exist.
>>
This shit, like so much other shit in the US, is so simple to fix. Hunt down PETA and hang them. Same with most Republicans. Just fucking hang them, they aren't even a species. They only bring pain and suffering to others so why not just wipe them from history? Why keep shit stuffed up inside your ass when you can flush it down the toilet?
>>
>>120031
>FOX News does not fake outrage
ExplodingVan.gif
>>
>so fucking New he doesn't remember the exploding Van
Go back to /r/the Donald you faggot trendhopper
>>
>>120031
Remember when they claimed 4chanwas the hacker who was stealing your grandmother's bank accounts and blowing up vans across the U.S.?

Literally all news is created on fake outrage fox is no different
>>
>>120242
>>120577
I don't think that instance counts as faking outrage in the strictest sense. Some anon did make a threat online and the FBI investigated it and stuff.

The exploding van footage wasn't so much fake outrage as much as it was over dramatization.

Fake outrage is more like Fox New's annual war on Christmas episode.

Back to the topic though, I think PETA is generally scummy, but Euthanizing animals is probably not that bad (as long as they are doing it correctly and humanely). Compared with the alternative of a dog or cat literally being in small cage for years, I'd say euthanasia is better.

Ideally, PETA would be more proactive and work to regulate domesticated animal populations in the first place.

#condomsforpets
>>
>>120585
>THERES A WAR ON CHRISTMAS

What about that gem?
>>
>>120860
Still not fake outrage. Many honestly feel Christianity is under attack.
>>
>>120585
That's not very American of you. Do you also support the right to have an abortion?
>>
>>120864
>church on every street corner in the south
>Christmas is a federal holiday
>OMG CHRISTIANITY IS UNDER ATTACK!
>>
>>120027
>PETA, the group said, is hypocritical.
How is this news? It was created by pervs and always will be run by sub-pervs. They do worse than this.
>>
>>120898
Great logic. You overwon me...happy eas.....i mean happy holidays.
>>
Many county animal shelters have the same rate or even worse of euthanasia, because many Americans are really irresponsible with animal reproduction.

If you MUST pad your lacking masculinity by keeping your dog's balls, be aware it will take more effort to keep the dog from roaming. Many European countries don't have the spay neuter rates we do, nor the unwanted puppies and kittens because they know how to handle their animals.

And until we have more responsible pet owners in this country, the second best resource is to just remove the anatomy that enables reproduction.
>>
>>121111
This is too nuanced for libs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.