[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taxing wealth creators is illogical !1!!!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: robot.jpg (45KB, 700x505px) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
45KB, 700x505px
>Robots are wealth creators and taxing them is illogical
>Governments can offset lost jobs by investing in education and retraining
>Lawrence Summers - The writer is Charles W Eliot university professor at Harvard and a former US Treasury secretary

> High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our T&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights.
https://www.ft.com/content/42ab292a-000d-11e7-8d8e-a5e3738f9ae4

High quality global journalism my arse.

>Would life be better if robots did all the work?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08gxndc

>Harvard philosopher Michael Sandel asks if life would be better if robots did all the work. Professor Sandel skilfully and entertainingly uses live audiences to help address important ethical and philosophical questions. He has travelled across the world and brought together global audiences for his method of Socratic dialogue.

>Michael gathers an audience in a secondary school in Dagenham, East London, to address one of the most pressing issues of our times - the future of work in a world where automation threatens to replace more and more workers with robots. A much-cited Oxford University report predicts that 35% of jobs in the UK are at risk.

>There is nowhere better to examine this issue than Dagenham, where once 40,000 people built cars at the famous Ford factory. The plant stopped making cars in 2002 and now makes vast numbers of car engines, but with fewer than 3,000 employees. Barking and Dagenham is judged by the Legatum Institute as the least prosperous borough in London and among the 10 least prosperous in the UK. The unemployment rate is one of the highest in London. As automation moves from the factory floor to the office, Michael Sandel and his audience will try to understand how we regard the ethics surrounding this profound shift.
>>
Bill Gates says it's perfectly logical. Let's not forget that Larry Summers had a hand in creating the last financial crash. Take everything he says with a mountain of salt. The guy should be in jail, not writing for FT.
>>
I'll keep retraining for the rest of my life if you pay for it, sure.

This is an even worse outcome because you get taxed instead of a robot. I can really see the right being in support of this... not
>>
>>119048
Really interesting program. Especially the bit about being angrier at an immigrant or someone overseas taking your job rather than a robot. I think the reason it would make me less angry is that it seems like an inexorable march of progress. Something none of us can really do anything to stop or reverse. Meanwhile, competition for resources sort of incites you to, well, compete. It makes you want to literally fight that person to get your resources back. This by the way, is the very sentiment that put Trump in power.
>>
>if a shuttle should weave of itself

i've been looking for this quote from aristotle forever

fuck i heard it once a long time ago and couldn't remember it for the life of me
>>
dag yo
This all makes it feel like shit just got real.
>>
>>119048
People are not educated enough to deal with jobs that robots are taking.
>>
>>119265
I'm sure mr summers and people like him can afford to subsidize an entire society of perpetual reskillment. Why, he's virtually begging to do so.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.