[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fun at Berkley Pro-Trump Rally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 0

>At a park in Berkeley, across the bay from San Francisco, protesters from both sides struck their opponents over the head with wooden sticks. Trump supporters fired pepper spray at counter-protesters as police in riot gear stood at a distance.

http://newsweek.com/violence-breaks-out-trump-rally-berkeley-563960
>>
>>118078

Is it just me or is a pitched battle between political supporters like this starting to sound uncomfortably similar to the brawls between the SA and the KPD in 20s Germany?

example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horst-Wessel-Lied#Horst_Wessel

This is why police gotta keep political groups from laying a hand on each other and not stand by to let them make martyrs.
>>
>>118081
inb4 beerhall putsch
>>
>>118078
>Trump supporters fired pepper spray at counter-protesters
yet most pictures airing are trump supporters down on the ground having been pepper sprayed
>>
>>118081
Thanks so will be closer to drunk hooligan fights, if hooligans were total pussies and lard asses
>>
>>118158
They are easier to count
>>
>>118078
Too stupid to avoid danger. They're rushing headlong to certain death, all of them. But if that's what they want, they'll keep at it until they succeed. I'm still headed for death, but I keep it at a snail's pace by constantly learning to be less stupid.
>>
>>118410
They really are. They're giving Trump the ammunition he needs to completely gut the American university system. They're giving the police the public's support to crackdown on protesting, especially since they insist on calling their riotous tantrums "protests," to lend them credence in the first place. What's worse is some of them know this, but suffer under the illusion the response to their actions will only justify them and make them heroes. When people on the streets of Portland are clapping for riot police throwing leftwing agitators to the ground you know they're torching through any support they have, but they're so high on their moral righteousness they can't see that.
>>
>>118411
>gut the American university system
OH GOD YES YES YES YES

AMERICA WILL BE SAVED

I never imagine this was possible, but now it seems easy.
>>
>>118415
How do you think this will benefit America? You're clearly either a shill, or one of those Trumpenproletarians who will happily destroy the country to spite the liberals.
>>
>>118431
academia has been infested for decades. some of it remains relatively useful, but a great deal of it is simply a factory-line for radfems, communists, and other agitators. not only does this harm society, it harms the people it dupes too.

you think radfems are happy? most of them seem to me to be incredibly frustrated, depressed people. not only do many universities pour sand into the gears of a once-functional society, they pour sand into the gears of once-functional individuals.

academia is so infiltrated at this point that it might be better if we just began anew.
>>
>>118431
It is the nature of uneducated individuals to fear and hate the educated.
>>
>>118411
What annoys me is how much of a dangerous game they're playing. There are types who unironically think >>118415 because frankly the U.S. university scene does fucking suck in terms of overwhelming leftist bias, but there are people who would love to use this as an excuse to impose their own bias on the educational system. That wouldn't be any better but these retards are playing right into that scenario while jacking off at their own "heroism." Makes me sick.
>>
>>118443
Nice strawman. Universities didn't create radical feminists, social media did. Social media allows someone to only hear news from sources they like, and those sources could be anyone, there's no requirements for creating a social media page or website. And this doesn't just apply to radical feminists, or the left, this is a problem for everyone. Echo chambers just create radical ideals
>>
>>118466

Couple that with excessive gerrymandering that prevents cross-party competition in the primary, and you have a bunch of radicals dragging each party to the far left/right during the primaries.

Basically American politics are fucked because there's little reason to listen to the moderates or opposite side outside of presidential elections, and even then we can see that the atmosphere created by echo chambers and partisan congress still warps that to the extremes as well.
>>
>>118431
It would be impossible to explain how fucked our school system is to someone who likes that kind of fucked up shit

it's like explaining biology to a transexual 5 year old
>>
>>118487
This is why private>socialized education.
>>
>>118466
universities are echo chambers.

besides, the absurd accumulation of marxists and other fringe, non-workable ideologies has been growing in academia since the '60s. social media has nothing to do with it. the prototypical radfems like butler and friedan predate social media by decades.
>>
>>118448
>the U.S. university scene does fucking suck in terms of overwhelming leftist bias, but

How much worse could it possibly get? We've got actual communists teaching kids.
>>
>>118487
Wanting to destroy all of higher academia and proper educatiom for the most important jobs in the world just because a few liberal arts kids trigger you is retarded.
>>
>>118530
I don't want to destroy education. The left already did that.

I want real schools to be allowed to compete with government lesbian bullshit.
>>
>>118534

>removing profit incentive from education
>= lgbt indoctrination

this is why our civilization is dying
>>
>>118536
I never thought I'd see people defending public school

Cool

I wonder what other stupid shit I'll see in my life :)
>>
>>118534
It's not the governments job to provide education to begin with. Education should be a privilege, not a right.
>>
>>118534
I want Jesus to be loving dinosaurs.
I want weather issues to be God's judgement.
I want horoscope readers to be burned in the street....oh wait
I want adulterers to be stoned..of wait
>>
>>118536
>removing profit incentive from education
Also a performance incentive, given that kids who go to anything but a public school statistically perform much better.
>>
>>118466
It's not either/or. It's both. Those ideas didn't just spring out of the ground, they've been floating around in academia for a while. The White privilege, intersectionality, microaggressions, etc, language has been in certain places since the early '90s when the first wave of this progressive thought came about. Tumblr isn't the progenitor of its stereotype, the academy is.

You're right in stating that it allows people to insulate and seal themselves off though. Social media allows people to hermetically isolate themselves in groups where those kinds of ideas never receive any dissent or critical thought and they're never anywhere as rigorous as the classes are (or at least what they pretend to be). Academia started it and lends weight to it, while social media amplifies and spreads it. At this point we're looking at a feedback loop between the two.

>>118502
You're right except for the bit about social media. It allows laymen who've never gone anywhere close to those types of academic departments to associate with people who have and cut off any other contact. It's actually worse with social media taken into account since those laymen get watered down, biased, and faulty versions of ideas that are already intellectually duplicitous.

>>118545
If you don't want public education to be knocked off its pedestal and bent over at the mercy of people who will insert their own bullshit then you need to stop obfuscating and pretending there isn't a massive problem with leftwing bias across the American university system.

If you don't clean your own house, someone else will do it and they're bound to break a bunch of your personal shit while they do it. It's in your best interest to stop providing intellectual cover for leftwing extremists hijacking public education for their own political gains.
>>
>>118546
Private schools tend to have fees that run as high as college tuition.
Children from higher socioeconomic brackets perform better even in public schools.

Knowledge remains the same in both public and private schools. A community and family and student committed to education with genuine interest will excel in academics even if they don't attend any primary and secondary school.

But as a matter of priorities, even if that were true that private schools would be more cost effective in educating kids, I don't think it's worth in the long-term to risk allowing direct corporate control over educating the next generation.

Educating the next generation is serious business. So I'm OK with paying a little more into the system or the average student performing a little less but not being indoctrinated according to the interests of whomever is able to invest the most toward controlling the private entity responsible for setting curriculum and hiring.
>>
public school is for average families.

exceptional families seek out a school that will best suit their child's needs.

people getting in the way of this are jealous and evil, and probably racist.
>>
>>118554
>stop obfuscating and pretending there isn't a massive problem with leftwing bias across the American university system
What makes this an issue?
>>
>>118613
If right wing thinking had more intellectual value it would find more support in our places of learning.
>>
>>118615
It does, the homogeneity of thought you think is due to a lack of any solid point is actually attributable to the fact student politics are driven by very small but very extreme groups. There's also the chilling effect where so many instructors wear their bias on their sleeve and any student going against that bias has little to no recourse. People shut up, regurgitate the political sermons, and collect their grades rather than speak up and cause trouble. The propensity of leftwingers to get violent when their ideas are challenged, as this thread and many recent incidences show, is also a large part of that.

If the rightwing had no intellectual value, tell me, why do leftwing students react so viscerally whenever someone on the right comes to speak at their campus through invitations? If those ideas had no merit and were not intellectually convincing they'd have nothing to fear and no reason to protest.

>>118613
Because it's not organic, especially if you talk to students in settings where they can be honest with their feelings. A lot less of them are the leftists people think they are, yet they go along with it because not doing so puts their education in jeopardy.

It also keeps leftwing ideas honest and convincing. Instead of worrying about banning words like "sportsmanship," and policing costume parties you can actually stimulate some honest intellectual discourse instead of rubber-stamping ideas through an echo chamber. I think moderates diffusing extremists is a good thing and it's in your best interests to keep universities from becoming tankie mills even more than they already are if you want to save their reputations and their abilities to educate from a vindictive government armed with public support threatening to strip federal funds wholesale.
>>
>>118569
>I don't think it's worth in the long-term to risk allowing direct corporate control over educating the next generation.
but that is exactly what public schools are?
>>
>>118663
>but that is exactly what public schools are?
No, you see, because it has the word "public" in it, it's okay.

"Public" is to these people what a hole in a bed sheet is to super-orthodox religious couples looking to procreate. You can make up w/e bullshit you want about it to justify it because /everyone knows/ "public" necessarily means "good and right."
>>
>>118415
You absolutely do not want to gut the American university system, despite it being a hotbed of liberal thought. It's still one of the most effective university systems in the world at actually teaching important skills for different disciplines, in stark contrast to America's primary and secondary education systems.

If that has to happen, at least separate the maths and hard sciences from the rest, they don't deserve to die just because some faggot across the hall is teaching racial politics and how the downfall of Europe will lead to a utopia.
>>
>>118448
>>118502
>>118505
>>118534
>>118554
>>118652
>A few headlines come up with some sensationalist bullshit across a few universities.
>Flips their shit.

You people forget that the vast majority of universities are not Berkeley or other such thing.
>>
>>118668
>>118669
You don't see the problem because you like liberal indoctrination.

Try to imagine if our schools were run by the westboro baptist church.

That's the situation we've got right now. And what's worse? Those are the only schools available because of the government.

All I want is school choice.

Fuck off with your stupid ass opinions. I'm not taking any of this shit seriously. 1 year ago nobody was defending our education, this is a joke. You're both hacks.
>>
>>118078
I wish those lberalfags get rounded up and sent to the gas chambers.
>>
What kind of false flag is this?
>>
>>118806
I cant tell if its to distract from Trumps Russian connections or Obama wiretapping Trumps campaign
>>
Everyone from both sides showed up ready to rumble.
Most of them (on both sides) were not from Berkeley.
Source: I was there.
Oh, and, it could have been a lot worse: Berkeley PD did 2 sweeps of the bushes in the days leading up to the rumble & found
>knives
>stockpiled rocks
>other weapons
>at least one gun

And lest anyone think that those things just happened to be there, many of them had been replenished after the first sweep.

t. Berkeley born & bred
>>
>>118078
Well, it's nice to know it was a good time had by all.
>>
>>118078
Have any of you actually looked at the trumpoids in the newsweek vid? His supporters look mentally ill.
>>
When I read the title and the line "hitting each other over the head with sticks", I legit thought it was some kind of joke that everyone was on where they were pretending to fight, but everyone was laughing it up. Why does life always let me down like this?
>>
>>118685
>You don't see the problem because you like liberal indoctrination.
>I don't need proof! You just need to open your third eye and see that I should not be questioned.

>Try to imagine if our schools were run by the westboro baptist church.
Y'know for a group that constantly bitches about being compared to Nazis, you sure love throwing labels around.

>I'm not taking any of this shit seriously.
And you long ass post bitching about "this shit" proves it somehow.
>>
>>118874
>i need evidence that our schools are liberal indoctrination facilities
You need evidence the sky is blue too?

>Y'know for a group that constantly bitches about being compared to Nazis, you sure love throwing labels around.
wow how can I ever recover from this

>And you long ass post bitching about "this shit" proves it somehow.

>he posted so my argument must be real
>nobody would post just to mock a retard
>>
>>118878
>You need evidence the sky is blue too?
I feel sorry for the alt-right. You have such a disdain for education that you deprive yourselves of all the tools that it provides which could in theory bring it down or change it.

Evidence shall convince everybody of the truth but the lazy scholar refuses to pursue it.
>>
>>118898
If every American when to college, we would be a European/Islamic/Chinese/Mexican communist shithole headed for world war.

Thank God for Christians. Their kindhearted stubbornness is the only thing saving this country from its demise.
>>
>>118668
>It's still one of the most effective university systems in the world at actually teaching important skills for different disciplines
This has to be a joke, right?
the only even remotely worthwhile degrees your university system provides are in the STEM fields, and those would remain the same no matter what happens.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.