[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Austrian court convicts 8 Iraqi men in tourist's gang rape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/austrian-court-convicts-8-iraqis-gang-raping-german-141724524.html

>VIENNA (AP) — An Austrian court found eight Iraqi nationals guilty on Thursday of gang-raping a German tourist on New Year's Eve more than a year ago and sentenced them to prison terms of between nine and 13 years.

>Charges against a ninth suspect were dismissed, said a court statement. The victim — a 28-year-old woman — was awarded 25,000 euros (over $26,000) in damages.

>Both sides were appealing the decision, the statement said.

>All nine Iraqi men, who ranged in age from 22 to 48, came to Austria as migrants between May and December 2015. Five subsequently were given refugee status.

>The prosecution argued that the eight men convicted exploited the fact that the victim had been drinking heavily on Dec. 31, 2015 and was unable to defend herself.

>Rape is punishable by a maximum 15-year prison term in Austria. Explaining the verdict and sentencing, Judge Petra Poschalko said that only two of the defendants had helped the court establish the facts and only one had confessed.

>The court heard testimony that four of the men took the woman to a Vienna apartment where they were joined by the others and that all took turns raping her. When the alcohol started wearing off, she found herself naked in a bed.

>Defense lawyer Andreas Reichenbach observed that the gang rape was committed at around the same time as the high-profile sexual assaults in Cologne by groups of migrants.

>Reichenbach suggested the sentences imposed Thursday served in part as an "additional message" for asylum-seekers.

>"As we all know, asylum-seekers don't have the best image here in Austria," he said. "I think that this surely played a certain role, to make it clear to these people that when they come to Austria that such behavior won't be tolerated," he said.
>>
>All but one of the defendants denied raping the woman. Some acknowledged having sex with her, but argued it had been consensual.

>Prosecutor Karina Fehringer said that was impossible, describing the victim as being defenseless in an "unconscious, shock-rigid" state.

>Fehringer said the victim continues to suffer post-traumatic effects from the assault and requires psychiatric treatment.

>The defense argued that the victim might have sent "false signals" that could have encouraged the men.

>Noting that the woman was extremely intoxicated, Fehringer was quoted by the Austria Press Agency as asking: "Should we stick warnings on bottles: 'Excess consumption could be interpreted as agreement to have sex?'"

>Charges were dismissed against the 48-year-old defendant, who said he had been asleep during the assaults.

>Migrants and refugees from other countries expressed concern that the crime will make Austrians hostile toward all newcomers.

>"Eight people raping a woman — that's honor-less! Such a thing doesn't exist in our religion," Burhan Akbas, a migrant from Turkey, said.

>"When such people come here and screw up like that, then everybody will think that Chechens, Afghans, all refugees from war areas are all the same," Mansur Salamou, an asylum-seeker from Chechnya, said. "But it's not like that. For example, the majority of us — we also cause problems, commit crimes. But no rape! Only criminal assaults and robberies."
>>
>>116827
>For example, the majority of us — we also cause problems, commit crimes. But no rape! Only criminal assaults and robberies."

Best timeline
>>
>>116865
Insanity
>>
Nice race bait. At least it isn't a dailymail link. Good for you, OP.
>>
>>116877

>Nice race bait.

I'm sure the woman who got raped by 8 men appreciates your compassion for her rapists.
>>
>>116894
I'm sure the editor of yahoonews appreciates your outrage.
>>
>€25,000 in damages
I never seem to understand how courts decide what damages are appropriate

In my uneducated opinion this seems a tad low, especially compared to the possibly exorbitant damages sometimes awarded in copyright cases
>>
>>116916
she should of gotten 25,000 per rape, taking 8 dicks back to back like that she probably wants to retire from life.
>>
>>116877
You're a miserable fuck, aren't you?

This woman is traumatized. Those monsters will probably rape again because this punishment is a slap on the wrist.

The money probably won't even cover her therapy.

They should be castrated and deported to Antarctica.
>>
>>116940
Your outrage only feeds the clickbait merchants, Anon.
>>
>>116943
Do you think that pretending to be antisemitic will make me less disturbed by gang rape?

Nice try, but I am sane.

Fuck off reddit peice of trash.
>>
They deserve a long drop with a short stop
>>
>>116916
I wonder if it covered the cost of her attorney.

The telegraph cites 107 euros per prisoner a day. So that ~2.8mil - ~4.1mil euros as the total cost of jailing these guys. 25k represents less than 1% of the cost to the state.

It just kinda seems arbitrary, I guess you can't take money from people who don't have any and can't earn any.
>>
>>116948
I was wondering, do they get deported after they serve their time? I mean we can fly them back but not have to land. heheh
>>
>>116955
>>116916

As it says in the article, both sides are appealing the decision, so I imagine the woman's attorney is seeking more money, because yeah, 25k seems awfully low for what she went through.
>>
>>116826
Rapists and criminal shitskins should be killed where they stand, the trial was a waste of time, everybody knew they were guilty.
>>
>>116894
>your compassion for her rapists.
You're a moron.

>>117081
>killed where they stand
I would send you to the gas chamber without a moments hesitation.
>>
Send them back to their Muslim shithole
>>
>>117088

>I would send you to the gas chamber without a moments hesitation.

Spoken like a true liberal.
>>
>>117405
Spoken like a true partisan.
>>
>>117405
>reee let's toss out fair trails because muh feefees
>fuck u liberals!!!
wtf
>>
>>117409
Being partisan isn't a bad thing when 1 party is actively trying to destroy western civilization.
>>
>>117418

No one said anything about denying fair trials.

If you're a rapist/criminal, you've already been sentenced, you had your trial and you were found guilty.
>>
>>116877
Go fuck yourself you apologist piece of shit. People like you are the reason nobody can be honest and open about the plethora of problems accepting massive waves of immigration from alien cultures entail, which leads to all the powers that be walking around on eggshells in turn fueling the very reactions you claim to hate.
>>
>>118238
> massive waves of immigration
> alien cultures

OMG so scary.
>>
>>118241
Yes it is given mass immigration always leads to deep problems for the host society, even more so when it's from a largely incompatible culture. People like you doing your damnedest to pretend that reality doesn't exist to the point you're whining about migrants receiving any kind of negative attention only makes it scarier. You're literally prioritizing the feelings of opportunistic migrants over the safety of the host nation's natives.
>>
>>118244
>always leads to deep problems

No it doesn't.

You're the one pretending the sky is falling.

Picking up every negative event that involves migrants to push your political agenda of fear over facts.
>>
>>118246
Yes it does. Massive amounts of immigration from foreign cultures that refuse to integrate always results in strife, be it ethnic, civil, religious, etc. If people are picking up on every negative thing, it's because you and people like you have convinced the powers that be to ignore the problems by burying your head in the sand. Again, you do no one, especially yourselves, any good with such an apologist approach. You only build a culture of fear and anxiousness where no one can trust anything but their own interpretations and undermining of public institutions follows.

When people like you react the way you did, by immediately assuming any attention to this situation at all was racist by default, you fuel the dynamic that keeps local police forces paralyzed to do anything about the actual trouble makers and builds an undercurrent of distrust you cannot ever hope to control or contain.

The pressure will escape somehow and all you accomplish by slamming down the lid and pretending it isn't there is assure the eventual explosion will be that much worse.
>>
>>116826
>sentenced to 9 yrs.

Whoa! Here in Canuckistan we just let them go.

http://www.therebel.media/acquitted_muslim_migrant_cab_driver_still_has_taxi_license
>>
>>118932
>acquitted
>the rebel
trashman dot jaypeg
>>
>>116940

Don't let them ruin Antarctica too.

They should be sent back to the desolate wastelands they crawled from.
>>
>>116826
>German tourist

not even in australia germans are safe xD
>>
>>119022
>Australia
>>
>>118241
there are more differences between cultures then just food you know.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.