[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marine Le Pen loses EU parliament immunity over tweets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marine-le-pen-loses-eu-parliament-immunity-105343461.html

>BRUSSELS (Reuters) - European Union lawmakers lifted the EU parliamentary immunity of French presidential candidate Marine Le Pen on Thursday for tweeting pictures of Islamic State violence.

>Le Pen, who leads her National Front party in the European legislature, is under investigation in France for posting three graphic images of Islamic State executions on Twitter in December 2015, including the beheading of American journalist James Foley.

>Le Pen's immunity shielded her from prosecution. By lifting it, after a request from the French judiciary, the parliament is allowing any eventual legal action against her.

>The move grants the prosecutor looking into the affair power to bring Le Pen in for police questioning.

>In the next steps, the prosecutor could drop the case, appoint an investigating magistrate to delve further into it, or send it straight to trial. A trial date ahead of the election in April and May would require the French legal process to go much faster than it normally does.

>The offence being considered is "publishing violent images", which under certain circumstances can carry a penalty of three years in prison and a fine of 75,000 euros ($78,930).

>She has denounced the legal proceedings against her as political interference in the campaign and called for a moratorium on judicial investigations until the election period has passed.

>Le Pen has already seen her earnings as MEP cut for a different case involving alleged misuse of EU funds.

>Polls say Le Pen will win the first of the two election rounds but lose in the runoff. They also show that her legal battles seem to have little effect on her supporters.

>The vote on Thursday by a large show of hands in the plenary of the EU Parliament confirmed a preliminary decision taken on Tuesday by the legal affairs committee of the EU legislature.
>>
>In the report underpinning parliament's decision, eurosceptic 5 Star Movement lawmaker Laura Ferrara said that although the images posted by Le Pen were easily accessible on several websites, "this does not alter the fact that their violent nature is likely to undermine human dignity".

>Le Pen's move was seen as not appropriate for a member of the European Parliament, the report said.

>Ferrara also said that there was no reason to think Le Pen was being persecuted judicially because "the speed at which legal proceedings have been taken against Marine Le Pen is comparable to the pace of other proceedings in matters relating to the press and other media".

>Le Pen's immunity has been lifted before, in 2013, by the EU parliament. She was then prosecuted in 2015 with "incitement to discrimination over people's religious beliefs", for comparing Muslims praying in public to the Nazi occupation of France during World War Two. Prosecutors eventually recommended the charges be dropped.
>>
I wonder how many Muslims have been prosecuted in France for posting the same isis videos?
>>
Well that's kind of a bullshit law. She should be legally allowed to post what she wants on her blog. Go after IS, not her. Blaming her for the videos is counter productive.

I recognize she uses the videos to promote hatred of muslims, but prosecuting her for it only draws more attention to the videos. And really, if you want to make Muslims look bad, show them is vids.
>>
>>116724
They aren't blaming her for the videos, they're blaming her for misusing the videos to incite racial hatred.
>>
Can someone (French anons?) write a little about the law? I tried looking it up, but i can only find stuff related to this story.
>>
>>116730

I just asked around in the French general on /int/ and this is what they have to say:

>Nobody cares unless you're a thorn in the back of the power.

>Someone said she is like ISIS, she got mad and published ISIS beaheading propaganda photo on her twitter replying "this. this is ISIS". A relative of the victim urged her to delete her tweet, so she did. Now she is being pursued months later for that. Timing

>Our medias usually censor everything, there probably is a particular law about it, though MLP didn't even published anything gore, it was just taken from ISIS.

>She happens to be Marine Le Pen so they use everything they have. With this logic, every newspaper and leftist retard who shared the pictured of that drowned little shitkins would be sued. She was just showing what isis is when newspaper started to tell the "FN is french isis" narrative.

>I think that you're considered accomplice in the eyes of the law for publishing pictures of what they did. Something like that. Literally retarded.
>>
>>116724
Its still the law. I like her too but the EU isnt really as big on freedom as it is on security and shielding migrants from criticism. Whether or not anything will come of it though is to be seen. Like the article states, she has a Trump phenomenon going with support that truly believes in what she stands for and a scandal or three isnt going to deter them. Hell digging up 2-4 year old news may even galvanize her support over how blatantly the media and establishment politicians are going after her.
>>
>>116729
>>116732

Stupid law. Kindness will lead to death. We must react to ISIS by dragging the Muhammadans into the street and torturing them to death Rwandan style. Teach a new generation of children hatred so that they may stamp out evil once and for all.

I hope Penn gets elected and declares war on Germany. They are the ones responsible for pussying the Europe.
>>
Daily reminder that non-Americans do not have rights.

They call them rights, but its a misnomer.

Its America vs the world. Freedom vs slavery.
>>
>>116756
that is a retard thing to do. That would only increase fundamentalism in a nuclear Middle East. Violence created radicalized Islamic terrorism, violence will not end it, especially indiscriminate violence against a minority group.
>>
>>116785

>muslims
>minority

There's over a billion of them.

More than 200 million of them are radical fundamentalists.

These aren't small numbers.
>>
>>116786
I am talking about in the West, my friend. That is what you implied by "dragging the Muhammadans into the street and torturing them to death Rwandan style", is it not? They make up what, 1% of the US population, and around 4% in the EU. They are a non-issue in the West, it is simply a matter of finding out those slim few with ties to transnational terrorist organizations without violating rights.
>Teach a new generation of children hatred
We are doing that in the Middle East right now with drone strikes and civilian casualties. It also doesn't help that the humanitarian aid we airdrop in often gets taken by ISIS first. It is a complicated issue to which I don't have the answer, but I do know that blind violence will only exacerbate the issue.
>>
>>116792

Oh sorry, you got the wrong guy. I'm not the fella who argued that at all. Should have said that in my post, but forgot.
>>
>>116710
I foresee this backfiring and stirring up her supporters.
>>
>>116766
>implying Americans have any rights left after 9/11
>>
>>116804
>Liberals fuck up and get another anti-muslim conservative elected because they're disingenuous pieces of shit who don't realize how unpopular they're becoming

This is the best timeline.
>>
>>116809
That did some damage. But we still have rights. Unlike the rest of the world where they never had them to begin with.
>>
>>116862
How long until we invade Poland again?
>>
We just need to fucking carpet bomb Germany. Clean out the hajis and let the people rebuild
>>
>>116902

WAIT! POLAND IS NOT INVADED?

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/14/europe/poland-us-troops-nato-welcome/
>>
>>116785
If nothing's done Europe is finished anyway. If someone has a syringe in their arm slowly pumping them full of poison they're not going to care if they injure themselves trying to get it out, nor should you warn them their poisoner will get angry if they resist. If Muslims are so easily radicalized then that's a perfect reason for them not to be in France or Europe in general and a strong enforcement of border security can and should deal with the fundamentalists abroad.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.