[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

China caps growth of CO2 as renewable energy embraced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

China consumed just 1.4 per cent more energy last year despite posting economic growth of 6.7 per cent.

This underlines the country’s shift towards renewable energy, and the rapid take-up by its dominant coal-power sector of new high-efficiency, low-emissions technology.

Total energy production fell last year by 4.2 per cent, according to figures released yesterday by the National Bureau of Statistics. Energy intensity in the economy fell by 5 per cent.

Such a performance was all the more remarkable after heavy investment in new infrastructure, involving massive use of energy-dependent cement and steel, provided an impetus to gross domestic product growth.

Greenpeace said yesterday it believed that carbon dioxide emissions did not grow at all in China last year.

Coal accounted for 62 per cent of energy consumption, down from 64 per cent in 2015, with further falls targeted under the current five-year plan of capping it at 55 per cent by 2020.

Greenpeace said China was on track to exceed its 2020 climate targets if the rapid shift to clean energy and away from an over-reliance on polluting industries continued.

China installed 82 per cent more solar capacity last year than in 2015 to reach 77 gigawatts and wind power grew 13 per cent to 149GW. But 17 per cent of wind power, much of it located in the west far from most industry and large cities, was not integrated into the national grid.

China produced 9 per cent less coal last year than in 2015, underlining the growing consensus among energy experts that China’s consumption of the resource peaked in 2014. New generation coal power stations are creating more energy, through more intense and efficient technology, from smaller coal inputs.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/china-caps-growth-of-co2-as-renewable-energy-embraced/news-story/08fe4974d34245236473dbf027787211
>>
But Australian think tank the Institute for Energy Economists and Financial Analysts commented yesterday that the capacity utilisation rate in the coal power sector was also falling, to just 47.5 per cent last year.

Xu Zhaoyuan, the research head of industrial economy for the State Council, said the Chinese economy was entering a “new normal”.

“A stage of moderate growth, with overall energy demand unlikely to significantly increase again,” Mr Xu said.

“Furthermore, clean energy will keep growing rapidly in the coming years, and energy intensive industries will continue to shrink due to resource and environmental constraints.”

The latter refers to the strong priority given politically to reducing pollution, which remains one of the most cited causes of popular discontent and criticism of government in China.

Imports of coal rose 25 per cent to 255 million tonnes last year, following two years of substantial falls, as China acted to reduce overcapacity in its own coal mines, with output declining by 9 per cent.

Australian revenues from coal sales to China reached $5.6 billion in the last financial year, though that figure includes coal for steel making as well as for the generation of power.
>>
>>116597
>But Australian think tank

top kek. isnt that one which welcomened us marines, which made australian into fucking nuclear bombardment target by chinese and indian nukes?
>>
>>116596
China's doing great things. Amazing!
>>
Mean while in the US, Trump relaxes the requirements for polluters to measure the level of their pollution. Sad.
>>
>>116596
Post a link not behind a paywall or the thread should be deleted.

Also,
>trusting the Chinese government
>>
Maybe people will be able to breathe in Beijing again and they won't be so pissy.
>>
>>116596
Seeing that China no longer import coal from North Korea, It seems that they don't have a choice.
>>
>>117733
Well China's government decided about 4 years ago to turn it's nation-building machine on its pollution.

Since then if you live in China, things have gotten significantly better in regards to pollution. This winter was shitty though because of the big economic rebound
>>
>>116596
Please don't let China lead the world on this front, the way things are going they will put us all to shame
>>
>>116607
That was probably just part of anzus tbh
>>
And crispr will silence genetic diseases (kaiju?)
>>
>>117931
What does this mean?
>>
>>117892
Why should we compete?

GW is just a hoax from them to ruin America. This latest attempt is just them trying to get us to "compete" and thus fuck ourselves over.

http://www.infowars.com/china-allied-with-globalists-against-russia-and-us/

http://www.infowars.com/climate-report-to-un-trump-right-un-wrong-skeptics-deliver-consensus-busting-state-of-the-climate-report-to-un-summit/
>>
>>118696
Why does /pol/ keep posting Alex Jones crap here?
>>
>>118700
Why do libs bitch and moan as if anyone cares?
>>
>>118719
>Why do libs
stopped reading
>>
>>118696
>dude watch hours of alex jones videos, lmao!
no, but I am open minded so I will ask for compelling evidence in concise text format
>>
>>118696
>infowars
kek, no thanks, entertaining though
>>
>>118724
Careful not to get triggered hahahahahha
>>118760
like that
>>
>>118780
>omg i treggered u so bad lmao im not 12 i sware
>>
>>118781
>spelling this poorly
>older than 12
>>
>>118814
I think you need to work on your reading comprehension there friend. He was mocking you by insinuating that's what you were saying/thinking as you typed
>>118780
Also insinuating you were to stupid to spell correctly.
>>
>>117892
ACD is a lie created by liberals to turn us all into Vegans.

That's what the EPA for: brainwashing the masses into liberal pussies for the nanny state to rule over.
>>
>>118826
The EPA has been dumping chemicals into the water to turn all the frogs gay and disrupt the ecosystem of rural America.
>>
>>118824
>getting this triggered from a joke
>>
>>118861
>U R TRIGURRD

>LULZ
>>
>>118862
does this guy seem mad or sad? i think both
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.