[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Republicans block bid to force Trump to release tax returns

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 0

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e5c041b1b26d4192aa8754f95b31936b/republicans-block-bid-force-trump-release-tax-returns

>WASHINGTON (AP) — House Republicans have blocked an attempt by Democrats to force President Donald Trump to release his tax returns to Congress.

>Democratic Rep. Bill Pascrell of New Jersey said Monday that Congress has a responsibility to hold the executive branch "to the highest standard of transparency to ensure the public interest is placed first."

>Pascrell and other Democrats said the tax returns also would help lawmakers and the public determine whether Trump has any investments in Russia.

>Trump has said he has no investments in Russia, and Democrats acknowledged they have no evidence otherwise. They said that is one reason they want to obtain access to Trump's returns.

>The Republican-controlled House on Monday approved Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy's motion to postpone indefinitely Pascrell's proposal. The vote was 229 to 185.

Liberals BTFO again. No stops on this Trumptrain.
>>
>Liberals BTFO

You realize this isnt a red vs. blue thing right? This move is just to try and make sure his personal finances dont effect our foreign policy. Unless you blindly want to trust Trump over all else.
>>
Republicans didnt block this because they dont want to know. I'm sure they and their constituents would love to know this important info. They blocked it because Trump is passing bills and doing what Republicans want him to do, and are protecting him as a favor.

Remember Trump on the campaign trail saying he didnt give a shit what bathroom faggot crossdressers used (he said "whatever, leave it alone, seems to have worked" etc)? Well he repealed that for Republicans among several other things he's doing for them.

The establishment is controlling Trump and this is his reward. Enjoy having less access to our leaders finances like the bitch citizen you are while the people that matter at the top scratch each others backs and deny us very important information that might effect the next election.
>>
This is a matter of freedom of information. Blocking these returns from the public eye does nothing more than move us further from democracy.

There's a reason nearly every holder or attempted holder of this office has released this information.
http://www.taxhistory.org/www/website.nsf/web/presidentialtaxreturns
>>
>>116085
the important thing is that Trump supporters won't allow the financial security of the working class to get in the way of settling petty scores with folks they disagree with but are otherwise economically in the same boat as they are.
>>
>>116091
Trump is extremely popular among Republicans right now. His approval rating has actually been going up even as it drops among independents.
>>
>>116085
>This move is just to try and make sure his personal finances don't effect our foreign policy.
They don't given the IRS has been auditing him and has found nothing as such.

>>116087
>Well he repealed that for Republicans among several other things he's doing for them.
No, he's not. He has publicly supported transgender rights but doesn't believe the bathroom issue should be decided by EO.

>Enjoy having less access to our leaders finances like the bitch citizen you are
Enjoy that crippling sense of self doubt that strikes every time the thought enters your mind that you were silent about obfuscative behavior for years until your Dear Leader left office only to get mad at personal finances already being reviewed by the IRS, which again, has found nothing.

>>116090
>This is a matter of freedom of information. Blocking these returns from the public eye does nothing more than move us further from democracy.
It's private information, and again, the IRS is already reviewing it. The same IRS that was under investigation for discriminating against GOP/conservative/right-wing individuals. And they have still found nothing.

>There's a reason nearly every holder or attempted holder of this office has released this information.
Since Nixon*
Is Nixon now the new beacon of transparency and truth in government for the left?

You all need to stop endlessly tweeking on entertainment news and junk media. You are living in fabricated realities.
>>
What is the point of this.
He's not made any effort to divest his business interests. He operates a hotel near the whitehouse where foreign dignitaries have stayed.
We know it's an impeachable offense but they won't dare try and impeach him.
At this point assuming the worst seems reasonable to me, that he perhaps made some deals with less-than-reputable parties to get out of bankruptcy, possibly Russians.

He doesn't give two shits, he probably didn't even think this would be an issue because he didn't expect to win, since he looked at the same polls as the rest of us.
So why even bother asking for the tax returns. Of course he's hiding shit that will hurt public opinion of him, at this point we should just assume that's the case.
>>
>>116099
>you were silent about obfuscative behavior for years until your Dear Leader left office only to get mad at personal finances already being reviewed by the IRS, which again, has found nothing.

O RLY

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/04/15/obamas-paid-81472-taxes-returns-show/83098168/

http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/15/news/obama-tax-return/index.html

https://www.bing.com/search?q=obamas+tax+returns&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

> the IRS is already reviewing it

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY IRS!

Hey, didnt the IRS look at my taxes this year too? They sure must look at a lot of them!

>>116100
Why give up though? You know how sweet it would be to flaunt that shit on /pol/? Take their devout worship of him down a few notches when they realize he is using the presidency to make chump change for himself. Republicans need a smoking gun to see fucking anything even if he is waving his dick around in plain sight.
>>
>>116105
Ihave no idea what you think those links are supposed to show, unless... you think "obfusctive behavior" only applies to tax returns?

>ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY IRS! Hey, didnt the IRS look at my taxes this year too? They sure must look at a lot of them!
You can just admit you don't have a retort to this instead of scoffing at the fact that his taxes are already being reviewed by a government entity. It's okay.

>Republicans need a smoking gun to see fucking anything even if he is waving his dick around in plain sight.
Funny, here's a video of Obama doing exactly that. Literally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04RhsO_fyZQ

Will you disavow?
>>
>>116107
We've already established you're fine with sucking Trump or IRS dick interchangeably. I hope you realize that the purpose of the IRS is to tax people, not to play politics. They could find all kind of crazy conflicts of interests and we will never know- because its not the IRS's job to give a shit. Imagine the worst thing possible is on his tax return, imagine him giving money to the KKK, to a Saudi prince or some shit. The IRS would give something like that a pass because that is legal.

If you were president, and someone asked you to release your tax returns, would you? Would you alleviate concerns your constituents had?

Nice clip btw, but "airplane hardon while on business phone call" is not going to compare to "grab em by the pussy, walks into changing rooms, cop a feel of his daughter, maybe golden shower" Trump.
>>
>>116112
>They could find all kind of crazy conflicts of interests and we will never know-
>imagine him giving money to the KKK, to a Saudi prince or some shit.
So if I'm understanding this correctly, you demand he turn over evidence to prove himself innocent of possible conflicts of interest, of which you have absolutely no evidence for? Conflicts of interest that have already been declared nonexistent by the FBI, and have been a complete and utter manifestation of a sensationalist news media willing to make up bullshit to profit by whipping people up into a Trump-hysteria?

>The IRS would give something like that a pass because that is legal.
It might, but the reason it's actually going to give him a pass is that there's nothing fucking wrong with his tax returns beyond wild conspiracy theories perpetuated by rabid leftists.

>If you were president, and someone who spent months running a slander campaign against you, asked you to release your tax returns, would you?
FTFY.

No I would not.

>Would you alleviate concerns your constituents had?
My constituents would probably not want me to give into the Pravda.

>compare to "grab em by the pussy, walks into changing rooms, cop a feel of his daughter, maybe golden shower" Trump
This is the point. You people have spent months poisoning the well with electoral propaganda and backlash-AstroTurf movements funded by fucking oligarchs, and act like disgusting animals who are trapped in some hellscape themed after petty high school behavior and naivety where you're all LARPing as resistance fighters. You're fucking boorish and annoying and no one feels like appeasing you. They would literally rather run you over on the highway.
>>
>>116144
>give into the Pravda

What does this mean?
>>
>>116144
>there's nothing fucking wrong with his tax returns beyond wild conspiracy theories perpetuated by rabid leftists.

GREAT! Thats fantastic news.

So for what reason has he not released his tax returns? Spite?

>someone who spent months running a slander campaign against you, asked you

Awww, poor Donald Trump, did we hurt his fucking feelings? Poor little President, leader of most powerful country and billionaire. Did we scare him?

>My constituents would probably not want me to give into the Pravda.

You lost me here. Are you inventing more Russian conspiracies? Do you think that all our previous president released their boring as hell tax returns to please Russia? I dont get it.

>You're fucking boorish and annoying and no one feels like appeasing you.

Careful Mitt Romney, remember what happened the last time you insulted half the country? 50% of Americans didnt vote for him, and they arent going to just shut up and go away- so dont pull that crap. Winning onbe election isnt going to change America into D's go hang themselves. Republicans certainly didnt- remember when they literally shut down the gov. for no good reason? Also, remember this post >>116107 where YOU brought up the blurry video of Obama's hardon? You were the person that brought up sex scandals even though it was completely irrelevant. My original use of waving dicks around was completely metaphorical to the way Trump has blatantly been using his presidency to further his businesses. But that's another discussion and is far more speculative (i.e. please don't respond and go on a rant on that topic).
>>
Listen comrades.
Comrade trump is good man. Should not question such great leader and just obey
>>
>>116144
>It might, but the reason it's actually going to give him a pass is that there's nothing fucking wrong with his tax returns beyond wild conspiracy theories perpetuated by rabid leftists.
He said himself during the campaign that he would release his tax returns after the election. I thought you guys claimed that Trump lived up to his promises? This isn't even something that would require any legal mumbo-jumbo, just releasing a few papers to the public like every other presidential candidate for the past few decades.
>>
>>116148
>
Awww, poor Donald Trump, did we hurt his fucking feelings? Poor little President, leader of most powerful country and billionaire. Did we scare him?
>Careful Mitt Romney, remember what happened the last time you insulted half the country? 50% of Americans didnt vote for him, and they arent going to just shut up and go away- so dont pull that crap. Winning onbe election isnt going to change America into D's go hang themselves. Republicans certainly didnt- remember when they literally shut down the gov. for no good reason? Also, remember this post >>116107 where YOU brought up the blurry video of Obama's hardon? You were the person that brought up sex scandals even though it was completely irrelevant. My original use of waving dicks around was completely metaphorical to the way Trump has blatantly been using his presidency to further his businesses. But that's another discussion and is far more speculative (i.e. please don't respond and go on a rant on that topic).
jesus christ do you even read your own text before submitting
this shit is hilarious, thanks for the laughs m8
>>
>>116166
it was the reply he deserved.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.