[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A waste of time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: SpeedKills.png (102KB, 228x163px) Image search: [Google]
SpeedKills.png
102KB, 228x163px
> Hairdryers used to strike blow against speeders in Hopeman
> http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-39063797

Careless drivers will never care if they kill someone.
>>
They key, in my experience, to tricking people is not to reveal the nature of you trick.

I fear this level of exposure will have undone much of the magic.
>>
This is how you get drive-by'd in the US.
>>
>>114553
>Hairdryers
Why did I expect it to be a miata?
>>
Over here in the first world, we have a marvelous invention that we use to deter speeders. It's called a speed bump. The basic science behind it is that you put a bump going across the road, and paint it with clear warning markers, like yellow stripes, and if a car hits it going too fast, they fuck their vehicle up. We use them in neighborhoods, parking lots, etc. imo, speed bumps tend to work a bit better than a little girl with a hair dryer, but go with what you've got, I guess.
>>
>>115348

There's a few problems with speed bumps (and humps for the oversize version) that prevents them from being widely used:
1. Snow clearance. Snow plows and other clearing devices can get stuck or damaged when hitting a speed bump, so cleaning streets that have them can be a slow process. Obviously not a problem in regions that never (or rarely) get snow, but it's a thing to consider in regions that do.
2. Lower than listed speed. Speed humps in my area are rated for 15mph (so you can safely do, say, 20mph), which limits their deployment on higher-speed roads (the humps in my area are on a 25mph road), since the temporary slowdown can cause congestion or accidents if the differential between the bump and the road is too high.
3. Low-clearance vehicles. Speed humps don't work well with vehicles that ride low to the ground (I had a friend who literally couldn't cross the humps near my house, he had to drive around them on a different street). This isn't a problem when local ordinance prevents said low clearance, and such vehicles are pretty limited in general, but it is a regional consideration. Also, I believe traditional bumps have less of a problem with this.

You also need to get these things approved by the department of transportation or whoever runs the local road network, but that's a given for any official solution vs hairdryers and fake speed cameras.
>>
>>115359

Maybe they can use their hair dryers to get rid of the snow
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.