[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More troubles for Ivanka Trump: Jewelry firm owes more than $5K

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2017/02/22/more-troubles-ivanka-trump-jewelry-firm-owes-more-than-5k-ny-taxes/98247036/

>Ivanka Trump's business headaches are multiplying.

>The first daughter's jewelry company owes $5,213.91 in unpaid sales taxes, according to New York state's tax department.

>The company is also battling in the New York court system over a more than $3 million judgment filed last year in a contract dispute.

>And, separately, another firm headed by Trump is embroiled in a copyright infringement lawsuit over the design of a fashion sandal.

>New York's Department of Taxation and Finance filed a tax warrant on Jan. 27 against Madison Avenue Diamonds LLC, a company created in 2005 that does business as Ivanka Trump Fine Jewelry. The firm's luxury offerings include a Liberté Diamond Collar necklace that costs $15,900 and a Metropolis Lune Large Pave Diamond Dome ring that goes for $9,900.

>Trump also has been dealing with other business headaches. Nordstrom and some other retail stores dropped Ivanka Trump fashion items over slumping sales.

>Tax warrant

>The company's liability to New York state stems from unpaid taxes due on jewelry sales from August and November 2015, and February 2016, James Gazzale, a spokesman for the tax agency, said Wednesday.

>The warrant is a public record serving notice that taxes are owed. It lists a slightly smaller amount, which Gazzale could not immediately explain. Under New York law, continued failure to pay could trigger additional interest and penalties. In worst-case scenarios, the state could attempt to collect through a levy or seizure and sale of property.

>While saying he was not authorized to discuss any individual case, Gazzale said, "we are in constant communication with business owners to try to resolve debts as soon as possible."

>A representative of Trump's jewelry company did not immediately respond to emails seeking comment on the tax issue.
>>
>Payment squabble

>A New York County Supreme Court judgment entered in 2016 shows that the jewelry company and one of its principals were ordered to pay $3,059,590 to KGK Jewelry in the contract lawsuit. The case focused on the firm's non-payment of most of the $3 million due for jewelry KGK delivered to Trump's company for sale.

>Rejecting an appeal, a mid-level state appeals court affirmed the judgment. Trump's company has asked that court for permission to appeal that ruling to the state's highest court. In the meantime, KGK is seeking a warrant against Trump's jewelry firm for non-payment.

>Design dispute

>The fashion sandal lawsuit was initially filed in June against Ivanka Trump, her IT Collection LLC company and several firms that did business with her. At least one of the business partners has since been dropped from the case.

>Filed by Aquazzura, an Italian footwear design firm, the civil action accuses Trump and other defendants of improperly copying the Florence-based company's design for the "Wild Thing," a high-heel fashion sandal with distinctive suede tassels.

>In 2010, Trump and her business partners "resorted to knocking off" Aquazzura's popular sandal with a similar version dubbed the "Hettie," the Italian company charged in an amended court complaint.

>A representative for one of Trump's partners characterized the case in June as "a baseless lawsuit aimed at generating publicity."

>Federal court files show the case remains pending.
>>
>Ivanka Trump's legal disputes are dwarfed by cases involving her father, President Trump. A 2016 USA TODAY analysis of court filings across the U.S. found that then-GOP presidential candidate and his businesses had been involved in at least 3,500 federal and state legal proceedings over three decades.

>The nation's commander-in-chief came to his daughter's defense early this month, weighing in via Twitter to claim she had been "treated so unfairly" by Nordstrom's decision to stop carrying her fashion line.

>Although Burlington Coat Factory and other retailers joined Nordstrom in either dropping or downplaying Trump's creations, a USA TODAY review last week found that Amazon, Bloomingdale's, Macy's and other companies continue to offer her dresses, blouses, handbags, shoes and other products.

>Ivanka Trump products are still sold at these stores
>>
>>114158
this is news? and the trumps give a fuck about $5k?
>>
>>114210
For a jewelry company it's ridiculously small, most of their products are more expensive than that. The real news if any, is that 3 million contract dispute.
>>
>>114210
Trumps' daughter is a tax cheat. That's news because of the position she's been elevated to in Trump's white house.
>>
The yrumps are white trash except the heeb ivankas married too.

And hes a joke.

The whole administration is a joke.

Hillarys wouldve been a farce and just as much bullshit but at least Americas reputation would be better world wide.

Not like any of that matters because we own every atoms on this planet.
>>
>>114210
Then why didn't they pay it when it was due?
>>
>>114438
I still have hope that the Trump presidency in all its absurdity will lead to genuine change for the better in American politics. People already realized that they're done with the two-facedness of most established politicians, they will eventually realize that electing someone like Trump, who talks the talk plenty loud but ultimately won't walk the walk, won't make things any better.
>>
>5 whole k

It's over, Trump is finished.
>>
'This will be the end of Trump’s presidency' says increasingly nervous man for seventh time this year
>>
>>114158
I'm sure 5K is a lot of money to the millionaire princess of the president.
FAKE NEWS
>>
>>114451
Nah, I think politicians will just get sneakier about the underhanded stuff. So will news networks. Fake news has been a thing for as long as news has, and the Internet has catalyzed the phenomena, I always took it for granted that networks would air fake stories sometimes, you just have to be skeptical and check for other sources. Nobody is scrutinizing the media or politicians more now, "fake news" is just a new catchphrase to throw at articles and opinions you don't like, just like "fascist" "bigot" "libtard" or "racist". The dialogue hasn't changed much, just the words that are being used are.
>>
>>114482
What's fake about it?
>>
>>114482
Fucking retards screaming Fake News when they lack the skills to refute something.

I agree, it's not much of a story. Someone remotely connected to her has a tax issue that she is not responsible for.
The show copyright issue is more substantial but hardly new.

BUT NOT FAKE NEWS
>>
>>114565
Gotta love these people trying to define "fake news" for us.

Its pretty self explanatory.

Bullshit = fake news

The details are irrelevant.
>>
>>114482
it's not so much that they can pay their missed taxes as the fact that they don't yet they get away with that.
>>
>>114158
>Obama white house aids are caught not paying 1 million in back taxes
>Obama's Treasury Secretary didn't pay 35k in taxes
>Sentor McCaskill owes 300k to the irs
Buried on page 10

>Ivanka owes 5k
Front page
>>
>>114566

Fake news:
>things made up with no basis in reality (zero facts and plays on people's bias to make it seem true)
Ex1. "George Washington is a Terrorist Who Eats Babies"
Ex2. "King George is a Tyrant Who Eats Babies"
Neither headline refers to real events (neither George ate babies) but plays to the preconceived beliefs of their target audience ("[person] is [evil profession], therefore it is possible that they could have done this") to give them staying power (resulting in economic or political power for the publisher).

Biased news:
>news that alters perception of the facts towards the author's worldview
>news that would normally be irrelevant is made more prominent; news that would normally be important is ignored
Ex1. "Terrorist George Washington Slays Hundreds on Christmas"
Ex2. "Hero George Washington Defeats Evil Mercenaries on Christmas"
Both headlines are of the same event (which actually occurred), but framed to alter perception of the event in a manner that fits the author's beliefs.
Ex3. "George Washington Defeats British After Crossing Delaware"
This is a neutral headline, but bias can exist in the importance this story is given. A Loyalist paper may place the article far away from the front page to keep attention away from negative news, while a Patriot paper may place this at the to of the front page to draw attention to it.

Of course, people just love mashing the two together, since it lets them cut out any criticism as false while treating every negative story about their opposition as real: "everything I agree with is real, everything that I disagree with is fake." Admitting that "biased" and "fake" are different terms means acknowledging that certain negative stories about your view are true and certain ones about your opponent are false, which is a lot less convenient that dismissing things out of hand.
>>
>>114595
>B-B-B-B-B-B--B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B--B-BUT OBAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Too bad he's no longer relevant, sorry.
>>
>>114566

I'm pretty sure most people know that "fake news" means news that is entirely fabricated
>>
>>114595

I thought Trump was going to drain the swamp?
>>
>>114693
WE

WUZ

PRESIDENT

too bad the black punching bag is gone huh? now we have an orange one fuck yeargh
>>
>>114630
jesus christ kid, you typed all that for nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_news_website
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fake_news_websites
>>
>>114630
Calling treason patriotic was and still is fake news.
>>
>>114695
see
>>114762

. Welcome to post-reality America, where definitions are no longer even allowed.
>>
>>114770
>post-reality America

Always has been. Twas my point.
>>
>>114595
It's like that parable with the spec in their neighbors eye and the plank in their own eye.
>>
>a measly 5k is a big deal for a jewelry store

Give me a break.
What we should really talk about here is how shitty US tax codes are.
>>
>>115777

Ok KellyAnn.

Stay on fucking topic As hammered into her by her father (among other things), she's a cheapskate looking to undercut everyone at every turn no matter how small the difference.

Also the Trumps resent taxation and charity and will double down against any accusation of mistakes toward resented institutions. Ivanka and her bros have never shown behave different from The D on business matters like these.
>>
>>115806
Again
>5K in overdue taxes for a jewelry store.
This is barely news. They sell jewelry more expensive than that.
>>
>>115821
So you're saying it's just an oversight and they will pay their taxes immediately

It's chump change after all

Poo on the NY tax dept, they should have sent a letter or tried to get in touch before going to the press
>>
>>116098
I'm saying that if you go to 50 different tax advisors, you will get 50 different tax estimates.
>>
>>114158

WOW FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS? WHAT WILL SHE DO?
>>
>>114693
The Clinton method won't save you now
>>
>>116137
Not pay it and stay being a tax cheat.
>>
>>116123
Oh so it's just a mistake, unfortunately NY state gets to demand taxes due, I'm sure they will pay the outstanding amount
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.