[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump’s chief of staff uses anonymous sources to bash media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: AP_283972759233[1].jpg (39KB, 960x639px) Image search: [Google]
AP_283972759233[1].jpg
39KB, 960x639px
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article133745064.html

>In defending President Donald Trump’s criticism of the media as the “enemy of the American People,” White House chief of staff Reince Priebus used a tactic the current administration has hammered the press for using in recent weeks.

>In an interview with Fox News host Chris Wallace, Priebus pushed back against the assertion that Trump’s attacks on the press were attempts to suppress a critical news media by saying that Trump was really criticizing stories he deemed to be false.

>As evidence of that claim, Priebus cited a New York Times story that cited anonymous sources who said members of Trump’s team had been in contact with Russian intelligence officials for up to a year before his election. Priebus criticized the article, especially for its lack of “direct sources.”

>Priebus went on to say that the New York Times article was false.

>“They have made it very clear to me that that story in the New York Times is complete garbage,” Priebus said . “And quite frankly, they used different words than that.”

>Wallace then interrupted Priebus to clarify who told him the story was false, but Priebus declined to identify them, saying “I’m not going to tell you.”

>“Now wait a minute, Reince, you just complained about unnamed sources, you’re using an unnamed source,” Wallace responded.

>“Well because I didn’t ask for approval to use their name,” Priebus said. “But I will tell you this: When I say top-level people, I mean top-level people.”
>>
>In an interview with CBS News on Saturday, Priebus cited the same New York Times article, as well as a story from the Wall Street Journal, to criticize the press and explicitly called for the media to not use anonymous sources.

>“I think that the media should stop with this unnamed source stuff,” Priebus told CBS’ John Dickerson. “Put names on a piece of paper and print it. If people aren’t willing to put their name next to a quote, then the quote shouldn’t be listed.”

>In his interview with FoxNews, Priebus also called out the media for devoting coverage to problems with the new administration and not spending more time favorably covering its accomplishments. However, Wallace pushed back against this, telling Priebus, “You don’t get to tell us what to do.”

>“You don’t get to tell us what to do any more than Barack Obama did,” Wallace continued. “Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time, but I gotta say, he never said we were an enemy of the people.
>>
Looooool
When fucking Fox news is calling out the trump administration you know it's the end of the line
Won't be too much longer, in any case
The cracks and holes in the foundation are showing and will cave in before long
>>
Wallace did well to not burst out laughing

I would have struggled to keep a straight face through all this
>>
Jesus Priebus.
>>
>>113405
So you don't watch FOX News. They are as anti-Trump as MSNBC at times.
>>
>>113372
Misleading article, as usual. This is getting toresome.

I saw that interview and Reince did GREAT. I was proud of him and optimistic for the future of the GOP.

Trump is inspiring people. It's how you Make America Great Again ;_;
>>
>>113405
Fox news has hated trump since he emerged as a candidate you would know that if your head was not up your own ass faggot.
>>
>>113448
>say it with me President Michelle Pence
>>
>>113448
>>113450
>>113462
>>113446
Spot the triggered Trumpcucks
>>
>>113475
>Triggered
Is that some sort of new sex move you are performing for your wife's son?
>>
>>113372
>We can make a claim without sources
>You cant
Assertions made without evidence are to be dismissed without evidence.

>>113373
>You don’t get to tell us what to do any more than Barack Obama did,” Wallace continued. “Barack Obama whined about Fox News all the time, but I gotta say, he never said we were an enemy of the people."

Right, he just took away their press pass until they fell in line :^) Unlike Obama, there isnt a 24/7 news cycle swapping places between fellating and rimming Trump. All most Americans know about trumps presidency so far is that he tore children from their completely innocent mothers, personally went to the middle east to kill an 8 year old and got his ban of all muslims everywhere banned from the US overturned by the completely fair and impartial embodiment of justice known as the 9th circuit.
>>
>>113648
Holy fuck get off /pol/ for 5 minutes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.