[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's costing a fortune to protect the Trump family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 1

File: undefined.jpg (362KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
undefined.jpg
362KB, 2400x1800px
Protecting the president isn't easy or cheap, and according to estimates from The Washington Post, the cost to protect President Donald Trump and his family is on track to supersede the cost to protect former President Barack Obama and his family by hundreds of millions of dollars.

http://www.businessinsider.com/cost-of-protecting-trump-secret-service-2017-2
>>
>>113028
loling reagan
>>
>>113028

>dump airforceone for 6 billions
>get blamed for being fertile
>>
Related

https://youtu.be/LulNAEeTsrc
>Don Lemon covers this story
>guest calls it fake news
>>
>>113037
Fuller video
https://youtu.be/E8LHZx0ipIk
>>
>>113037
>guest has no actual argument, must hand wave away evidence
>>
>>113028
How much does it cost to protect America from Trump and his family?
>>
>>113074
How much do ego soothing rallies cost? That much
>>
>>113074
Better donate $35 to his fight against the msm and then you'll find out
>>
>>113028
Not his money. He doesn't care.
He's severely inadequate and insecure.
The USA has a demented old guy representing themselves, and the dementia of their masses: Stoned and wired on drugs.
>>
>>113193
You type like a retard.
>>
>>113037
>>113038
This shit is so disgusting the orange goggles on some people are really fucking thick
>>
>>113201
>cant say anything back
>You type dumb!!!

Okay friendo
>>
>>113064>>113217
Why are you on this website? Lol
>>
I'm sure it is going to cost more due to the full family not being in the white house, but other than that I don't see how this is news. All presidents cost money, all presidents families cost money, all president vacations cost money. I would like it to cost less money than Obama myself, so this news is a bit disheartening however a projection based on a first four week basis isn't a perfect truth at all (common sense people). If we the taxpayers are lucky it will lessen greatly as he settles in. Because of the basis being, as even the source said, a estimate based on the first 4 weeks I can't say this is entirely newsworthy. The discussion of how much he has already spent on these trips most definitely is but there is too much wiggle room for these early statistics for the next X years to have much weight. I would actually love to see some statistics comparing it to other presidents first four weeks, since that would be a much better way to do this story and keep it grounded in reality other than a whole world of maybe / maybe nots.
>>
>>113233
that cost is just 4 weeks, the cost isn't going away. it's pretty dumb to not have his wife and kids at the white house, he's just running up the bill while he's there to stick his middle finger at america some more
we lost. he won. guess that's how it is. hope we don't all die, too
>>
>>113241
It is dumb to not have them at the white house, as for the rest of it you might be retarded. Common sense here --- Several early trips sounds more likely for any president than constant trips forever. With no comparison to other presidents this number is just a number with little to no meaning. For fucks sake the projection is based on if it continues at the exact same rate, which is so fucking unlikely for literally anyone that it's almost a joke story altogether. Once again, without comparative first four week numbers this story is dumb. I do not think trump is a great person, I just think anons are so desperate to wave anything they can find saying he's bad around that they've forgot how to think about things for themselves. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this board is for news not predicting the future based off of maths that would get you an F in class. To explain again, it is based on a very very small sample to overall length ratio (4 weeks representing 4 years or more, yes this can be done but - >) combined with absolutely no way to show if these trips are a 100% constant or not, and absolutely no comparative statistics.
>>
>>113251
His wife and kid are costing millions a month to protect them in a public area. He's making trips that are unnecessarily expensive like miralago that could've been avoid by having the Japanese pm at the white house like every other president before him (which also would've been more secured). I can only imagine how high the cost are gonna be once he starts doing these retarded campaign like rallys to fix his abysmal approval rating .
>>113038
>lol, I'm gonna plug and screech "fake news" when someone calls out my god emperor
>That whole comment section
This is gonna be a long 4-8 years
>>
>>113263
Obamas kids costed us money as well anon, once again I'm not saying trump is good I'm saying none of this is based on anything fucking solid. Can you tell me how much any other president cost in the first 4 weeks? It's literally all I ask, and it's literally all this story needs to actually be complete since that's what the story is based on. Just show the numbers, we can only make baseless conjecture without them. In fact, it would be even better if they showed an average timeline of presidential expenditure over their careers. I'm honestly with you on the long 4-8 years, I don't know if I can fucking handle all this what if bullshit that is flying around everywhere now.
>>
>>113272
The reason this is news is that he went on record in 2015 saying that if he was president he wouldn't take nearly as many outings as Obama and would barely leave the white house if he was president.

Hypocrisy to the highest degree (so far)
>>
>>113272
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-costs-trips-security-taxpayer-barack-obama-month-year-a7586261.html well if you want obama ' s number , he reportedly spent per year 12.1 mill on average . Trump has already surpassed that number on his second month.
>>
Sensationalism over nothingness desensitizes the information intake of the brains of the masses. Have you fixed the space dust hurtling towards us problem? Have you reversed entropy? Shut the fuck up. Really. Keep crying wolf and a big wolf gonna show up. Remember when news actually used to be news? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
>>
>>113287
One last time before I fucking give up. My beef is not with what they are reporting but how they are reporting. What they are reporting is most likely obviously true but they are reporting it in a shitty underhanded way that if you assholes would get your shit together and stop trying to be the total opposite of /pol/ at all times you would see this. Without the first 4 week numbers specifically for others we cannot say if this projection is worth looking at or not. It could be that it is worth looking at as an indicator, and it could be that the first X amount of time in the white house for any president has more spending than their usual amount. Once a-fucking-gain yes Trump has probably spent more so far, which is bad. My goalposts have not moved one fucking inch (in my first post I even said this was disheartening news), I just want exact comparative statistics like the story should have had in the first place. Sorry for ranting, and thank you for doing what literally no one else seems to do on /news/ and actually finding some information. I actually mean that, thank you.
>>
>>113233
It's just such a waste. I'm honestly surprised people aren't angrier that the first lady is just ignoring the white house. She has not changed her life in any way since winning. You'd think she'd be proud to sleep in the white house like every other first lady
>>
>>113341
They're waiting for their son to finish the school year
>>
>>113361
She has no intention of moving to the WH. In the meantime, the tax payers will continue to pay $500K a day to protect her in NYC. Sad!
>>
>>113339
I looked up presidential trips taken so far for the first month for Obama and Trump. I'll admit my bias, but I feel of of the 7 trips both of them took, only 5 of them Trump took were actually done primarily out of presidential duty and thus necessary rather than a short working vacation. Assuming everything else as equal (trips all cost the same, family cost is ignored) it still seems like Trump is more expensive, if you consider two of his three Muralago trips unnecessary.

You are correct that extrapolating from such small datasets is of limited use. I'd say that they still are of some use however as I doubt that the habits formed now will undergo great changes week to week and month to month. In other words I wouldn't predict the next 4 years off of one month, but would predict the next month off of it.
I got this info from the wiki articles of presidential trips.
>>
To any apologists claiming that these are working vacations, etc:

The President has a place for golf/resort outings with foreign dignitaries that is already outfitted with security infrastructure -- it's called CAMP DAVID. There are a couple others as well. Trump turning Mar-a-Lago into another one of these resorts at enormous cost by effect of executive privilege and making it "public" for high-paying guests for his personal profit is thus the textbook definition of corruption.

This is something that the Congressional oversight and ethics committees were made to deal with -- if the President wants to create another "official" resort location he needs to have the funds allocated by Congress (or at least have his de facto use ok'ed informally so that it gets allocated in the later budget) and he explicitly IS NOT ALLOWED TO PERSONALLY PROFIT OFF OF IT.
>>
>>113363
>She has no intention of moving to the WH
Trump's been saying otherwise since before he even got inaugurated.
>>
>>113028
I don't want to hear this stuff. Obama spent an ungodly amount of money on jet fuel alone to go golfing all across the globe and no one gave a shit. Why is it Trumps fault the liberals have pushed a narrative to assassinate the president or his family?

Feh! thats why the liberals lost, their narratives are taken too far.....the centrists don't believe them and don't like their narratives
>>
>>113398
Lol
>>
>>113410
trump hasn't done anything wrong and they're literally calling for impeachment

Libz do not comprehend the consequences of their actions.
>>
>>113410
>But Obama
>But Hillary
Jesus, no one is whining about the election here. The point is the man went on record that Obama's travel expenses were out of control and stated he would barely leave the WH is he was president.

Then in his first month in office he and his family proceed to spend more than Obama did in a year.

No one is arguing the first family shouldn't be protected, or even take outings for that matter, but this is another example of Trump's corruption and hypocrisy.
>>
This is exactly why the media is losing the public's trust. Because instead of talking about important things, they try and bang out as many rapid fire hitpieces as the can focusing on the most inane shit possible. They're inoculating everyone to their own message by sheer volume.

I literally do not fucking care one bit about this and the fact people are trying to stretch it out to mean anything is fucking pathetic and a crystal clear example of why the orange buffoon is running circles around everyone daring to call themselves a journalist.
>>
>>113468
Maybe he should stop doing crazy, petty shit and the media will stop reporting on it.
>>
>>113495
Bull-fucking-shit. The media hated him before he started opening his mouth. They hate every Republican that stands up to them. If Trump weren't saying stupid shit they'd still be hen pecking at every little thing he does and says anyway.

This very story is proof of that given it's a complete non-story to begin with.
>>
>>113498
It's straight up hypocrisy best case, worst case it's corruption.
I thought he wasn't a politician
>>
>>113498
Just keep moving goalposts and throwing out hypotheticals as evidence. Kys
>>
>>113511
My goalposts never moved. I said the media focusing on stupid inconsequential shit like this is why they're losing the public's trust. The guy who responded said Trump should stop doing stupid things to warrant the attention when that's irrelevant. This very thread is an example of the media focusing on something that has nothing to do with what Trump said.

It's not a fucking secret or a conspiracy theory to say the media does not like uppity conservatives tearing into their influence, regardless of whether they're retarded like Trump or not.

>Kys
I'd much rather live to give fucks like you an endless supply of ulcers and headaches.
>>
>>113074
About tree fiddy.
>>
>>113228
seriously?
>>
>>113783
>are you kidding me?
>>
>>113773
Exact cost of a min-wage assassin paid by the minute to do 'em after getting them in a room together
>>
Why is obama cheaper?
The question
>>
>>113792
Because he had two young girls that would mostly stay home or go with him everywhere. Trump has a large adult family all doing their own things so the Secret Service obviously has to use more resources to protect them.
>>
>>113792
>Oh no! protecting 10 people is more costly than protecting 4 who knew

are people really this stupid?
>>
>>113836
but Trump large adult family is doing more things though right, adult business things
>>
>>113228
Because it's so easy to BTFO faggots like you
>>
>>113468
Dude is having vacations on your money, you must be completely full of shit to accept something like this.
>>
>>114063
Every president does. None of you pieces of shit were whining about the logistical cost of the executive branch's security apparatus until someone you didn't like got there because you're a cheap partisan hack hen pecking for every little bit and scrap.

Pick your fucking battles or your incessant call to arms is just going to annoy everyone to death. They will side with your opposition just to shut you the fuck up through human nature alone.

>>113868
Yes. Hence why it's more expensive to protect his family.
>>
>>114072
The issue isn't the cost. He said when he was president he would be too busy to leave the White House. He's doing the opposite (presidents can of course have leisure time) but this is hypocritical on his part.
>>
>>113028
nigger does not compare to king loon in any way shape or form it's only natural that Donald Trump security costs a whole lot more because of shadow goverment media bias and rogue spies continue to try all kinds of shit on his
>>
>>114080
And exactly how many of the people holding Trump's campaign promises against him did the same for the last president?

I'm not convinced this is anything other than partisans looking for any tiny little thing they can to blow up into scandals and it's doing a disservice to their own stated goals.
>>
So didn't Trump say he was not going to accept a salary? There are so many agendas to make him fail. I hope they don't succeed. People are too stupid to realize if he fails we all fail. Maybe thats what they want.
>>
>>114208
I don't think Trump personally failing means we all fail, but those hoping he does the loudest are often the same people who shout "American Was Never Great," or twist themselves into endless relativistic knots to downplay everything exceptional, remarkable, or even positive about it so you're not entirely wrong.
>>
>>113880
Lol, no.
>>
>>114193
You just keep slapping away at that strawman anon, the adults will be talking over here.
>>
>>114193
The difference is that unlike Obama, Trump has zero public service under his belt.

His words on the campaign trail and before carry much more weight as there are no other public records to look to when it comes to his thoughts and actions.
>>
>>114272
If you represent them we'll probably be waiting for a long time.

>>114276
That's just subjective arbitrary reasoning you're applying to the situation to justify taking one candidate seriously with their promises while ignoring another similarly reneging on theirs.

What they were before being elected means nothing in context of campaign promises and how they, like most presidents, shirked them after the fact. Trump is doing the most presidential thing in saying one thing and doing another while people like you are doing the most partisan thing in acting like that's somehow a new and immediate emergency of office.

And don't bring up Trump's empty as fuck slogans and campaign image. Obama campaigned on as many idealistic notions of anti-corruption and yet we had the past eight years anyway. This thread is nothing but partisan bitching and whining and the media choosing to blow yet another load on something like this is why nobody cares to fuck with them anymore.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.