[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEA declares Hemp a schedule 1 Drug

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: hemp-crop1-978x1024.png (577KB, 978x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hemp-crop1-978x1024.png
577KB, 978x1024px
Some comments from the DEA on Hemp and CBD

"Russ Baer, spokesperson for the DEA, has stated that he cannot comment on a petition that he has seen but he has made it clear that the DEA stand by their ruling. He says that every single aspect of marijuana, including hemp, is considered a controlled substance. This includes every compound, derivative, salt or preparation of any substance made from any part of a cannabis plant. He claims that, until the DEA receives conclusive scientific proof of the plant’s medicinal benefits from a DEA registrant or person given authority by the DEA to research marijuana, it will remain a Schedule I substance and so will all its derivatives."

http://www.occnewspaper.com/cbd-oil-lawsuit-to-reverse-dea-ruling/

And as for hemp, specifically: The Farm Bill did not remove industrial hemp from the list of controlled substances.. As Baer stated Friday: “DEA has consistently opined that marijuana and its constituent parts or derivatives, including, including CBD and hemp, are Schedule I controlled substances – so these determinations are deeply rooted in the CSA and not new.”

http://www.thecannabist.co/2017/01/13/hemp-dea-extracts-marijuana-cbd-judicial-review/71387/
>>
A breakdown of what's going on

Basically the DEA is not allowing companies to use hemp (which has less than 0.3% THC) grown in accordance with the 2014 Farm bill because it considers hemp to be a schedule 1 controlled substance. This is a violation of a Ninth Circuit order injunction against the DEA in a previous case according to HIA. As a result a lawsuit was filed by HIA against the DEA to declare hemp is not a schedule 1 drug.

See the links below if you think hemp should not be schedule 1, want to support US farmers, and fight an injustice.

Link to the lawsuit

https://thehia.org/resources/Documents/Legal/HIA-v-DEA-9th-Circuit-Motion.pdf?utm_source=Hemp+Interested+Media&utm_campaign=0a42c6fa2f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_02_06&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_28d83f66fa-0a42c6fa2f-317464157

You can join the Hemp Industries Association and help support their fight.

https://www.thehia.org/join-us
>>
"Free" country.. what a laugh.
>>
>He claims that, until the DEA receives conclusive scientific proof of the plant’s medicinal benefits from a DEA registrant or person given authority by the DEA to research marijuana, it will remain a Schedule I substance and so will all its derivatives."

This part is such a joke. The DEA makes the process to apply for a m research permit for marijuana incredibly difficult and only allows you to do very small scale studies which hampers the scientific communities ability to research its effects.
>>
>>112324
>>prevent scientific study for decades
>>refuse to accept globally-sourced scientific data
>>continue to make spurious claims against a plant while inhibiting individual liberty

wat do usamericans mean by this?
>>
>>112327
No clue. Why don't you ask all of the 4channers who voted the most far right candidate in our history into office. Haha dude makes oh wait why isn't weed legal in my state anymore?

Hubris-filled cunts.
>>
>>112320
Why are we still wasting money on doing stuff like this
>>
>blames lack of scientific data
>makes research impossible
>wastes millions of taxpayer dollars
>now a plant made into rope is next to heroin and krokadile
>fuels cartels even more

What's not to love?
>>
>>112320
Sad. I would assume this is the powerful lobbyists in big pharma who want to keep pushing opiates . ..
Meanwhile, there is some research being done out there on medicinal uses . ..
http://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/u-of-s-launching-study-to-test-cannabis-on-children-with-epilepsy-1.3266316
>>
>>112324
>prove this plant is useful or you can't use it

FUCK THE GOVERNMENT

DRAIN THE SWAMP
>>
The DEA is justifying their wages. They take in truckloads of cash in bribes and then turn around and stick their cocks another inch deeper, and have the authority to prevent anyone from challenging them. Then, they make millions by confiscating equipment, cash, and what have you. They're allowed to keep the money they take, and they don't care whether the operation was growing drugs or literal fucking rope/ livestock feed material. Legally they have the upper hand and meanwhile big pharma is paying for it all so they can continue to get Americans legally drug addicted. Say what you will about marijuana, but its dangers are far less than prescription opiates and with hemp it's not even a fucking drug. Fucking narcs, it's so goddamn unfair.
>>
Drugs are bad mkay
>>
>>112363
It's not even big pharma. The DEA is flexing their muscle to justify their existence. A lot of money is tied up in marijuana enforcement and, if it were legal, they would have their funding dramatically cut.
>>
The DEA is trying to justify it's continued existence ever since Reagan left. Since then study after study has proven time and again that we are making drugs more profitable, more dangerous due to cutting, and still aren't fixing the problem. Every dollar we spend trying to beat back Weed is just fueling the people who make them.
>>
>>112327

It means they're too embarassed by their decades long ostracization of a benign substance as an excuse to undermine their political enemies which has spawned a billion dollar criminal industry to admit fault and start working to amend the fucking situation.
>>
At the very least THC should be legalized in the liquid form so that I don't have to shell out 1K monthly for seizure meds, honestly who gives a shit what the American people smoke as long as they are living and working.
>>
>>112396
iirc half of the entire criminal justice system is dedicated to drugs.

what an incredbile waste of money.
>>
>>112420
I blame niggers
>>
>>112424

https://phys.org/news/2017-02-important-lessons-statistician-hans-rosling.html
>>
>>112426
That was a lot of hippie shit
>>
>>112401
There's literally no way they can legalize it and still save face.
>DEA calls a press conference.
>Reporters are chattering amongst themselves in the room before the scheduled start.
>The scheduled start time comes.
>They quiet down.
>The scheduled start time goes.
>Nobody on stage.
>...
>Eventually whichever intern got bitched into it comes out.
>*ahem*
>"In light of overwhelming scientific evidence, the DEA has decided to reschedule marry-ja-wanna as <whatever they go with>."
>Reporters are stunned.
>Intern's eyes dart across the room.
>Most of them are still processing what just happened.
>A bead of sweat drops off the intern's nose onto the podium.
>Finally a hand goes up and a wavering voice struggles to cut through the silence: "Uh, how can the DEA even pretend to claim legitimacy after almost a century of unscientific and predatory..."
>Intern blurts out "WE HAVE NO MORE COMMENTS AT THIS TIME" and runs away.
>DEA unplugs all its phones and stops responding to emails for the next six months
>>
>>112444
kek
>Someone pulled the short straw.
>>
>>112424
blame white people, actually, they're the ones who banned it because they were racist
>>
>>112320
>"Russ Baer, spokesperson for the DEA
He's obviously angry because his daddy doesn't butt-rape him anymore.
>>
>>112470
Yeah white guys made you do them drugs nigger
>>
>>112362
>illegal
>Heroin

>legal
>codeine
>hydrocodone
>morphine
>oxycodone
>hydromorphone
>fentanyl

Makes sense to me.
>>
>>112480
You should learn your American history, not just the white washed white guilt bullshit they teach. Apart from inspiring Hitler, the USA also suppressed voters through drug laws, Niggers with heroin and Spics with Cannabis around the 1940s. We doubled down with Nixon to suppress anti-war voters and hippies.
Now here we are again, this is nothing more than a power move to suppress voters of a ethnic or economic group, The people who would have voted Bernie I'm assuming.
>>
>>112491
Yeah it's my fault niggers love drugs and hate being good people. My bad I'll give the dumb niggers all my money now I d I don't earn it at my job while they were busy shooting other niggers

You Democrats don't understand that we don't care. We cared for a while and tried to help but now they're leeching our money for 5 plus decades. Fuck them
>>
>>112491
>economic group

Seems more likely to me nowadays. Overtly racist stuff tends to get shouted down with good reason.

Still though, doesn't mean the person needs to do the drugs. The influence is always there but one always has their own personal will. Unfortunately when thrown into certain environments and social situations some people just tend to cave into the pressure and wind up doing the drug.
>>
>>112492
Damn, that white guilt is fucking strong in you. Could you try to not be such a useless beta? Economic programs geared towards any ethnic group is a fucking retarded idea, and if you thought it might help, why not just throw gasoline on a fire and burn yourself.

We need to stop providing free housing and food for the niggers you hate so much, i.e. stop arresting them for trivial bullshit such as drug abuse and sending them to prison where, I, you and everyone else, have to pay for a piece of shit to live on indefinitely. We pay $31,286 per inmate per year and you want to stop them leeching money by throwing them in jail? You have gone full retard.

Let them overdose and kill each other, that way I don't fucking pay some low life to continue to live! The congregate together anyways so they can only kill themselves and any one who sticks their nose where it shouldn't be.
>>
>>112491
Just to throw it out there one of the biggest drug shitholes here is Kentucky which is majority white. Yeah the USA did actually spread drugs in black communities ages ago and it had a pretty big effect, however it was crack and not weed being spread. The fact that you associate Bernie voters with potheads that easily is also pretty funny to me not to mention that the only problem you seem to have with it is a quick jump to racism when things like >>112321 have already been pointed out. Suppressing hippies was a way more complicated issue and even learning a little about the period would easily tell you that most of them did not get into any major trouble (even as the movement continued. The Weathermen who actually carried out bombings are free as birds). The war on marijuana has been going on for a long time, this is not some fancy Govt attempt to suppress Bernie voters it's just more of the same.
>>
>>112498
Oh yeah I forgot about Crack in the 90s with gangs...
>>
>>112500
I thought it was the 80's. Either way I acknowledge this shit has happened but I can't see this as the same or as some bizarre suppression of Bernie voters. Holes get poked in that story quick when you notice hemp was declared a schedule 1 drug BEFORE trump and this is merely saying they are not changing it (which is once again broke down in the first post), so either democrats sabotaged democrats in a show bound not to matter since it happened after voting but before Trump took office or this is unrelated to voting. Try not to jump the gun on things.
>>
>>112503
Also, since I forgot to mention it earlier hemp in this case (once again see >>112321 as well as the fucking image in the OP) is not talking about marijuana but rather the hemp used in making products.
>>
>>112320
That's absolutely pathetic.
>>
>>112491
ugh why did you respond!
>>
Thanks fuck nobody gives a shit about federal rulings in current year.
>>
>>112503
80s early 90s. meh...
>>
>>112320
So why haven't we just shut down the DEA already?
>>
>>112321
fuck yes

>>112320
good thread motherfucker
>>
>>112508
Without providing a little more info it's not clear what you find pathetic.
>>
>>112953

Everyones too drunk.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.