[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mexico ready to retaliate by hurting American corn farmers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 0

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/13/news/economy/mexico-trump-us-corn/index.html

>Mexico is ready to hit the U.S. where it hurts: Corn.

>Mexico is one of the top buyers of American corn in the world today. And Mexican senator Armando Rios Piter, who leads a congressional committee on foreign relations, says he will introduce a bill this week where Mexico will buy corn from Brazil and Argentina instead of the United States.

>It's one of the first signs of potential concrete action from Mexico in response to President Trump's threats against the country.

>"I'm going to send a bill for the corn that we are buying in the Midwest and...change to Brazil or Argentina," Rios Piter, 43, told told CNN's Leyla Santiago on Sunday at an anti-Trump protest in Mexico City.

>He added: It's a "good way to tell them that this hostile relationship has consequences, hope that it changes."

>American corn goes into a lot of the country's food. In Mexico City, from fine dining restaurants to taco stands on the street, corn-based favorites like tacos can be found everywhere.
>>
>America is also the world's largest producer and exporter of corn. American corn shipments to Mexico have catapulted since NAFTA, a free trade deal signed between Mexico, America and Canada.

>American farmers sent $2.4 billion of corn to Mexico in 2015, the most recent year of available data. In 1995, the year after NAFTA became law, corn exports to Mexico were a mere $391 million.

>Experts say such a bill would be very costly to U.S. farmers.
"If we do indeed see a trade war where Mexico starts buying from Brazil...we're going to see it affect the corn market and ripple out to the rest of the ag economy," says Darin Newsom, senior analyst at DTN, an agricultural management firm.

>Rios Piter's bill is another sign of Mexico's willingness to respond to Trump's threats. Trump wants to make Mexico pay for a wall on the border, and he's threatened taxes on Mexican imports ranging from 20% to 35%.

>Trump also wants to renegotiate NAFTA. He blames it for a flood of manufacturing jobs to Mexico. A nonpartisan congressional research report found that not to be true.

>Still, Trump says he wants a better trade deal for the American worker -- though he hasn't said what a better deal looks like.

>All sides signaled two weeks ago that negotiations would begin in May after a 90-day consultation period.
But Trump says if negotiations don't bear the deal he wants, he threatens to withdraw from NAFTA.

>Such tough talk isn't received well by Mexican leaders like Rios Piter. He's not alone. Mexico's economy minister, Ildefonso Guajardo, said in January Mexico would respond "immediately" to any tariffs from Trump.

>"It's very clear that we have to be prepared to immediately be able to neutralize the impact of a measure of that nature," Guajardo said Jan. 13 on a Mexican news show.
>>
>>111707
>>American farmers sent $2.4 billion of corn to Mexico in 2015
That's it? Hilarious considering they get 5x in subsidies from the US government for ethanol and making sugary junk food.
>>
Mexico doesn't know who they're dealing with.

In America, we pay farmers NOT to grow.

Just pay for the wall before this gets ugly.
>>
>Trump doesnt like that Mexican imports cost the lower and middle class jobs
>Trump writes legislation to take those jobs and bring them into the US

>Mexico decides to play tit for tat using the corn imports
>Instead of revitalizing its once booming corn farms in the southern regions they get imports from Brazil
>>
>>111718
The butt hurt caused by Brazil's increased rainforest destruction to meet the increased demand will be good for a laugh too.
>>
>>111713
Well we will have more for ethanol production. Corn for ethanol actually sells at a higher price right now.
>>
Yes, buy our corn, we need a stronger currency.
>>
The world needs to slap tariffs on all American goods if Trump tries his America-first bullshit.

Make it so that it'll be impossible for American companies to compete on the world stage. Lock them out!
>>
>>111731
Enjoy your ruined economy America will laugh as you starve to death.
>>
>>111733
American exports will plummet and millions of jobs will be lost.

America is weak.
>>
>>111736
Destroying the American economy will take the world with it.

>>111731
You're saying America isn't allowed to look out for its own interests?
>>
>>111764
A major correction is going to happen anyway, trade war or not. Why do you think foreign governments have been selling off treasuries for years?

>You're saying America isn't allowed to look out for its own interests?
Nope, just defending the rights of the rest of the world to defend their own economies with countervailing tariffs.
>>
>>111767
It just so happens "the rest of the world," isn't anywhere near one position on this matter. An America looking out for itself could very well help them as much as hurt them.
>>
>>111764
Americans will climbing over the wall to get to Mexico for food and jobs, not just weed and hookers!
>>
>>111769
It's common practice to slap retaliatory tariffs on a country that hits you with import tariffs.

Either way, it's not going to happen. China has already got concessions from the weak president Trump on one-China, they know that Trump is too weak to start a trade war.
>>
>>111794
That's a fantasy and you know it. If America's economy collapses, Mexico's is going to look even worse. There's no realistic scenario that says otherwise.

>>111808
Yes, I'm aware, but China and Mexico =/= "the rest of the world," and this faux solidarity idea is as silly as it is nonexistent.
>>
>>111817
Wait, do you seriously think that slapping tariffs on two (2) countries is a sufficient solution? That's what it seems like you're implying.
>>
>>111820
Where did you ever get the single iota of an idea that's what I said? I said China and Mexico aren't the rest of the world, so someone positing "The world needs to slap tariffs..." and then following up with explanations about retaliatory tariffs to justify that stance isn't even being consistent with their own argument.

Unless you think Trump and the GOP are gearing up to slap tariffs on the entire world's exports.
>>
>>111823
>Unless you think Trump and the GOP are gearing up to slap tariffs on the entire world's exports
Trump's protectionism literally won't work unless he slaps tariffs on any country that hosts American countries outsourcing jobs.

Otherwise, if Trump slaps import tariffs on China and Mexico, all businesses have to do is hop to another country. Chinese garments become Vietnamese garments. Mexican cars become South Korean cars. Jobs simply hop from one low-cost jurisdiction to another.
>>
>>111831
Are you under some misconception they were advocating for across the board isolationism rather than a re-evaluation of existing partnerships to weed out those at a net loss?
>>
>>111838
How am I to otherwise interpret Trump's promise to slap import taxes on all companies that outsorce jobs?
>>
>>111838
Furthermore, this doesn't even address my point.

If I own an auto plant in Mexico, and Trump slaps a tariff on MEXICO and ONLY MEXICO, what am I going to do? Move to the U.S. where labour and benefit costs are waaaaaaay higher? No, since Trump has only slapped tariffs on two (2) countries I just need to move to a country that has labour cheaper than U.S. labour and set up shop there.
>>
>>111736
Oh no the great corn collapse of 2017 is nigh
What will America do
>>
Why the fuck doesn't Mexico grow its own corn?
>>
>>111894
It used to, but then NAFTA allowed US corn to flood over the Mexican border, driving local farmers out of business. Those farmers are now up here illegally working whatever jobs they can find.
>>
>Trump slaps tariffs on Mexico for muh wall
>Mexico stops buying American corn etc etc
>American agricultural exports plummet
>US government subsidies to farmers increase to make up the shortfall
>Govt budget deficit increases
>massive inefficiency that exists in the american agriculture sector becomes worse
>With less disposable income and demand for produce, farmers are less likely to hire higher wage American workers
>More Mexican workers are employed
Trump's 4D chess in action everyone
>>
>>111706
So now we have two dicks dicking each other.
Two dicks aren't actually better than one two-legged dick.
>>
>>111706
So Mexico is already trying to hurt us to stop a tariff that doesn't exist yet? If this passes in Mexico Trump will just push a tariff through out of spite.
>>
>>111911
>>American agricultural exports plummet
No.

>With less disposable income and demand for produce, farmers are more likely to downsize and automate
FTFY
Learn 2 economics.
>>
>>111983
>American agricultural exports plummet
>No.
Hurr durr. The article in OP directly says that Mexico may start buying less American corn. Less American corn imports into Mexico does not equal more American corn exports.
>With less disposable income and demand for produce, farmers are more likely to downsize and automate
I didnt say that you did. I said they're more likely to cut costs and hire cheap labour. I dont know if you've ever been on a farm, or what you really mean by this comment, but if you're implying that less income for a corn farmer will mean they go and outlay $100000+ for automated machinery you're flat out retarded. There's only so much you're currently able to automate on any farm and if farmers have been hiring Mexican labour there's a reason for it (hint: it's cheap and saves them money).
>>
>>111974
The Mexican government is acting with a lot of insecurity now that the prospect of being able to ship the unproductive to the US is coming to an end. I'm not sure why they thought they could just keep flooding the SW with Mexican irredentists and not have pushback.

So now, even though no tariffs exist, Mexico is throwing its toys out of the pram anyway.
>>
>>111706
>a third world poverty-ridden hellhole is going to sanction food imports to itself based on fake news about Trump

That would be pretty amusing, lol.
>>
Don't we also GIVE them like a million pounds a year as part of some "Free trade" nonsense?
>>
>>111983
>t. asphalt farm raised boy

Yes, us in Indiana and Ohio should just be thrilled about this, because with less exports (that's less sales if you aren't getting it yet), we will magically spawn a bunch of new equipment. It's also hilarious that you think us cutting down on laborers (kids that want to work, lifelong farm hands, and family friends) is a good alternative. Fuck, guess the wife and I will just have to say forget everyone and do our own PM checks on our equipment that we already own as well, since we will not be able to afford our mechanics anymore.

Don't know if you know this, but farmers have been getting the shaft for some odd years now, and while I hope this doesn't go that far, this will not help no matter how to try to spin it.
>>
https://ustr.gov/countries-regions/americas/mexico
>Mexico buys 2.3 billion dollars worth of corn last year
http://www.worldofcorn.com/#us-corn-crop-value
>Our corn market produces $48.2 billion of corn that year
So the corn industry will sell almost 5% of its corn to the next highest bidder? Shouldnt mexico be more keen on more expensive trades they deal in with the US like plastics or machinery or electronics?
>>
>>111997
>Hurr durr
faggot.

Mexicunts don't buy enough of our corn for it to matter, we have no problem selling all of our corn and more already
>>
and the tariff wars begin, the 30s all over again, a race to the bottom
>>
>>112058

Don't worry -- I'm sure the General Assembly will send two warrior monks to secure negotiations between our trade federation. And I'm sure under the auspices of our Executive we will welcome the ambassadors with a thoroughly-planned not-nonsensical strategy free of gaping plot holes, just like a finely-crafted film script.
>>
>>111855
A lot of US jobs are being outsourced to India, and those jobs are higher wage and higher skilled jobs that typically require some higher education. Trump is only focusing on the low skill low wage jobs that immigrants take within our own country. If the cost of low skill workers increases, then it's not unlikely companies will outsource white collar jobs to countries like India, Thailand and Vietnam, which I belive will hurt American workers even more than the labor jobs being taken by local immigrants
>>
>>112039
But, you see anon, you must be sacrificed so that factory workers in Michigan and Wisconsin can have their jobs propped up as a reward for voting Trump.

Indiana is going to vote Republican until the sun goes nova, so why should Trump care if he creates a mini-dust bowl? I mean, he's really good at this 9-dimensional parcheesi game he's playing
>>
>>112050
I'm sure corn farmers will love losing their closest trading partner. America first right!
>>
>Less corn farmers means more expensive corn syrup
>price of soda and corn pops increase dramatically
>stop polluting the atmosphere with ethanol
>diabetes rates plummet
What's bad about this again? The corporate corn farmers have been coddled for decades. I thought Trump wanted to get rid of corporate welfare anyway.
>>
>>112297
Coddled my fucking ass, you have no idea what you're talking about. Stop with this bullshit. Anytime there is a misstep or something that is actually a fucking bad thing, trying to turn it in to some underlying positive outcome is ridiculous. It's like over the past year some people on this entire site have had their brains rewired completely.

t. Someone that grew up on a farm and has ran their own farm for over a decade.

Also this person >>112039
>>
>>111706
Normally I would say good, let the Trump base suffer for their betrayal of the people's party.
But the last thing this planet needs is the destruction of its greatest CO2 sink for fucking farmland. There are other ways to make corn Mexico, you don't always have to get on you knees for it.
>>
This shit news are great, I am mexican and I see the same shit in Mexican news "Usa will fuck mexico with this or that crap"
it seems like the media really wants mexicans to hate americans, and americans to hate mexicans, why the people is so stupid ?
>>
I know it's more of a pride thing, but Mexico should really reconsider to escalate a trade war with the biggest economy in the world, they won't win. They should rather play the same game Canada plays, trying to find common ground and make compromises.......also, rationally it will be cheaper in the long run to just make a deal for paying the fucking wall instead of getting into a decade long trade war (venezuela is where shit can lead)
>>
>>112304
Nobody cares about you you redneck hillbilly incest baby backwater cunt.
>>
>>112332
>Rejoin thread this morning, instantly a replay.

The hundred+ teenagers (some work all through high school with us) care. The people that fall on hard times but have a mechanical background that repair and do checks on my equipment care. The guys that show up on time every day and work until the sun goes down (hell sometimes even at night) care. My community cares. We sell fresh at stands in the summer time, have my daughters go out there and run the stand.

Basically hard working middle class people care. We're really going to undermine farmers now? It wasn't okay when Obama started shitting on us, it ain't okay when Trump does it.
>>
>>112330
Halting a big import and getting it from somewhere else is not a trade war. It's telling someone to fuck off. There is nothing to fight, Mexico does not need America. Better for Mexico to tell America it doesn't need us and to show us they don't, rather than America keep trashing Mexico and then expect nothing but love from them.
>>
>>112333
You brought it on yourself thinking a mainstream political party would help you. Farming should have died in America a long time ago. America started the tech revolution, and technology has nowhere to go but up, whereas farming has nowhere to go but down in the USA. Now if you want to invest in hi-tech automation so you can help us end scarcity so people don't need to labor on your farm and possibly contract skin cancer to maintain a decent standard of living, that would be great.
>>
>>112336
That's some serious mental gymnastics you got going on there. Farming is still a multibillion dollar industry and the lifeline of some of our states.

Started it up myself to make a living for my family. Fuck I have my own experience in mechanics and all that jazz, I just to prefer giving guys jobs. Now we can sit here and pitty pat back and fourth about how what i'm doing isn't proper, just because one man came in and changed your mind about literally everything. Guess that aint my business.

Never heard anyone on this whole site whether it be /b/ or /pol/ since this place is new, talk down on hardworking farmer until Trump got in office. Don't let him rewire your brain completely fool.

Also
>possibly contract skin cancer to maintain a decent standard of living

What are you, one of them 20 something's that's only good enough for a desk job? Didn't mow lawns in the summer or change tires for money? Never did a roof? You're lost my boy, lost little boy. What good are you to a woman or your children acting like a fragile little bitch that's gonna fade away when the sunlight hits you? Pathetic. Good luck owning a decent property, god forbid you had to step outside to repair or maintain something.
>>
>>112338
Dude I push carts at Walmart for a living, and before that I cooked and washed dishes in a steakhouse for two years. I'm outside all day, 40 hours a week. My home life growing up was completely broken. You are right, I am lost. My mind is fucked. I have virtually no chance of ever having a family so that's no concern to me. I have to watch out for myself or else I would probably kill myself. But don't think for a second I am a stranger to hard work. I am not saying what you are doing is wrong. I am saying you need to look toward the future. There must come a day when people don't need to toil in fields and machines can handle everything. That will create post-scarcity.
>>
>>112338
Now if you'll excuse me, you remind me of my grandfather, and it is making me cry because I have been up for 24 hours and my mind is starting to shut down, and I miss him, so I'm going to go to sleep.
>>
>>112342
Goddamn you anon, didn't need these feels this morning. Work hard, it all gets better. But I stand by saying there is nothing wrong with some old fashioned hard work.

I don't even oppose automation, but my point was about Trump hurting people that are working hard, and do have a family to take care of, see what i'm saying? You jumped my ass saying "farming should've died in America a long time ago" like that was some sort of excuse that would fly and it doesn't. That's not cool.

By the way, if machines can handle everything, in a place that may have employed 100 people, now they only need 50 of those people, who may avoid a wrist injury or surgery down the line, but 50 other people that went to a tech school for that career field are now out of a job. "Well just find another job like that", yup repeat process until you have to move to a state that hasn't completely adopted robots to handle it all.

P.S. you'll be alright if you keep busting your ass and strive for something.
>>
>>112338
>talk down on hardworking farmer until Trump got in office
How could you possibly blame Trump for this. It's his opposition that hate farmers.
>>
>>112344
>I JUST DON'T LIKE TRUMP

How many different ways can you say this? We get it.

>No Africans were starving before Trump got elected :(
>>
>>112427
I can't blame him for the hate on farmers, I blame the meme kids here that have this swinging pendulum complex going on.

Example:
>People say back the blue right now
>This has actually caught a lot of ground and people all over have "thin blue line" flags next to their American flag
Now if Trump were to come out and say he was cutting funding until certain police departments, a lot of people here would jump all over that small campaign. Would look like this.
>Trump cuts funding to shitty police departments
>This is somehow a bad thing
"I swear you fucking libtards look for any reason... blah blah blah"

People can't think with their own minds right now for some reason, but how the hell could i blame Trump for being charismatic?

>>112428
What the hell are you even on about?? Come to the discussion with something a little more than your feelings and memes please.I voted for him, get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>112338
do you employ illegals?
>>
>>112461
The thing is it's super obvious you're trying to persuade people to dislike President Donald Trump.

As if opinions even work that way. Give it up and start lovin' America.
>>
>mexican intellectuals
>>
>>112512
Why do you hate America by supporting Trump?
>>
>>111707
>>Trump also wants to renegotiate NAFTA. He blames it for a flood of manufacturing jobs to Mexico. A nonpartisan congressional research report found that not to be true

Apparently Congressional research reports can consist of flat-out fucking lies and this is somehow perfectly acceptable….
>>
>>112504
Never have, not in any aspect. To be fair it's been majority white guys with a few blacks over the years. All legal.

>>112512
What's wrong with you? I don't want people to dislike Trump, I want people to use their OWN brains when they say things, on the internet included. Not just step to any politicians defense because of memes man. First rule of that would be not talking about issues and defending (potential) regulations on subjects you have zero perspective on. Don't just blabber and improvise by Googling stuff as you go along, get it?

If you can't have valid critiques on politicians issues and policies (even in your own registered party), you don't love America. You love the politician
>>
>>111720
you will laugh at the destruction of the earth's lung? are you demented? do you realise what's going on?
>>
>>112050
can you spot Mexico on a map?
>>
>>112521
if i recall correctly it was anti-trump protesters burning the american flag and rioting in the streets
>>
>>112540
>nonpartisan congressional

Great example of a contradiction, opposites fused, doublespeak
>>
>>112039
I'm sorry if enforcing border laws hurts your business but something needs to be done. I don't want a trade war with Mexico, but the free ride and conveyor belt of Mexican irredentism into the south west has to stop. We've already seen what unchecked immigration has done to California and its ability to handle political dissension.

It's also so fucking funny watching periphery leftwing blowhards (not counting you) suddenly give a shit about export markets, free trade, and keeping a permanent exploitable underclass for some reason. It's impossible to tell which party has become more susceptible to corporatism these days. The real motivations of their support is transparent.

>>112334
Let's be honest here, America's policies are a huge factor, but the ultimate responsibility for Mexico being trashed lies with Mexico.

>>112336
Maintaining a healthy farming industry is paramount to a nations self-sufficiency and prosperity. Not at the expense of rapid demographic change, but what you're advocating is incredibly myopic and could lead to utter disaster.
>>
>>112039
seriously, the world from the 18 century onwards has been vilifying people living in the country, all over the world. We slap labels on them like "hillbilly", "redneck" and so many other slurs, it's all over the globe. You knw why? Because that's the first form of making cheap labour, undervaluing lfie itself, farmers were the first. Also, they are the fuel for revolution. And on top of fucking everything, they make our food. We should protect farmers, fuck the 2nd amendment, if you want a guerilla war to succeed you need RURAL POPULATION.
>>
>>112847
>ability to handle political dissension.

what
the
fucking
fuck
>>
>>112847
>It's also so fucking funny watching periphery leftwing blowhards (not counting you) suddenly give a shit about export markets, free trade, and keeping a permanent exploitable underclass for some reason. It's impossible to tell which party has become more susceptible to corporatism these days. The real motivations of their support is transparent.
You'd be surprised at how many conservatives aren't willing to give trump carte blanche.

I'm giving him a chance to govern properly and adjust his tone to a more normal pro-liberty and pro-capitalism stance, but if he keeps pandering to uneducated rust belt voters who refuse to adjust to a changing economy I probably won't vote in 2020

>Maintaining a healthy farming industry is paramount to a nations self-sufficiency and prosperity.
Why should my paycheque or grocery bill subsidize farmers that can't and refuse to compete?
>>
>>113187
>trump isn't pro liberty and capitalism
>uneducated rust belt
>i probably won't vote in 2020... i am now a Cruz missile!

Its so obvious you're a leftist trying to turn people against Trump. Go die in a fire.
>>
>>113188
>Its so obvious you're a leftist trying to turn people against Trump. Go die in a fire.
But unlike a leftist, I'm not going to respond to a blanket ad hom dismissal of my points with childish name-calling and temper tantrums.

Instead, why don't you tell me why "securing the border" absolutely requires subsidizing inefficient sectors of the economy by ruining farm businesses that have adapted to a global economy rather than rely on government subsidies?

Furthermore, why should I have to prop up inefficient sectors of the economy that REFUSE to adapt with my paycheck and my grocery bill?
>>
>>113187
>>113190

>MUH PAYCHECK

god are you dense
you think the wordl revolves around you?
>>
>>112705
I don't think you understand the majority of our oxygen comes from the ocean.
>>
>>113210
>the majority of our oxygen comes from the ocean.

you clearly misunderstood that most oxygen IS in the ocean, because the earth's surface is 90% water holy shit you are stupid
>>
>>113211
No, reefs and algae produce the MAJORITY OF BREATHABLE OXYGEN.
>>
>>113187
>Why should my paycheque or grocery bill subsidize farmers that can't and refuse to compete?

Why should my paycheck go to educating kids who wont work manual labor yet can't afford private school?
Why should my paycheck go to subsidizing small towns who refuse to just pack up and move to the more efficient city?
Why should my paycheck go to maintaining roads that just enable the lazy to waste time and resources?

Because the government takes your fucking paycheck to ensure the country won't fucking die. That's the way it works, that's the way it always works. If you want to change it, then elect a fucking government that will.
>>
>>113216
He didn't question why the gubmint takes his taxes, pumpkin.

He questioned why should that public money subsidize those exact PRIVATE businesses.

Learn to read so you can vote "Democrat" correctly.
>>
>>113216
Strawman argument. See what >>113219
said.

I admit there are a few expenditures that the private sector cannot handle like education, policing and the army.

>That's the way it works, that's the way it always works. If you want to change it, then elect a fucking government that will.
And as I've said, if the government I elected doesn't do anything but does force me to prop up failing businesses with inflated prices for goods I need, I probably won't vote in 2020.

>>113204
The vast majority of independent voters base their votes on economic factors.

Trump won because he promised enough rust belt workers that he would prop up their jobs through protectionism.

It's perfectly natural to value your own well-being first.
>>
>>113190
Die lefty retard
>>
>>112064
holy fuck
>>
>>113188
Hey buddy, I'm the farmer in this thread (in case you think i've posted since >>112569)
and you said the same thing about me. Do you really think everyone is just trying to persuade political opinions... on 4chan? Need a life man.
>>
As long as we keep buying American machinery and hardware everything will be more or less the same.
If somehow Trump memes us enough to actually turn China into a supplier instead of competittion then shit will get annoyingly complicated.
>>
>>111706
More corn for Russians
>>
>>112064
This is the best post on 4chan
>>
>>113293
>More corn for Russians

tieredtoteachyoufucks.jpg

Russian Federation banned MGO products under 15 years prison for violation.
Additionally they rised the GMO free crops export.

http://www.mintpressnews.com/worlds-largest-country-russia-bans-gmo-food-crops/210085/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-06/russia-upends-world-wheat-market-with-record-harvest-exports
>>
>>113187
You probably won't vote because you're probably not American. It's spelled 'paycheck,' in the US.
>>
>>116425
>>113187
Gottem. Shilling for free isn't cool, and lying is what has destroying the left already, quit being a fag.
>>
Top lel,

Mexico quits deal, america realizes thy alone grow gmo corn
>>
America is going away from commodity resources (food, basic goods, etc.) and specializing in high technology, but we can't just not have farmers. We can specialize in certain areas and have a diverse economy while still maintaining a healthy food supply. That's critical to the safety and integrity of any nation in my opinion, and should be job #1 of the government in my opinion.

We can't go away from food production, but we can do it smarter, and more efficient. The policies will be reversed when Trump leaves office, Mexico just has to hold out long enough. I live in Texas and you could say we're bigly dependent on trade with Mexico, we need closer ties to them and definitely not more walls or tarrifs. We could be great allies. And if it's immigration people are worried about, a wall won't fix that. If you would build a wall, it makes more sense to put it on Mexico's southern border since most immigrants here are from Central America or elsewhere anyway.

Farm dude from earlier you're the man.
>>
>>111706
Nice. There goes the stupid corn surplus.

There goes the massive amount of High Fructose Corn Syrup poisoning the bodies of the American polis.

There go the farmworker mexican illegals back to mexico for work.

Lol. This is how Trump gets re-elected in 2020. A bunch of newly /fit/ Americans who have better moods because they're not poisoning their bodies as much will not know exactly why they feel better, just that they do. And when Trump asks "are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?" they'll be like, "yeah, actually . . .weird" and vote him back in office.
>>
>>116448
>Implying those results would be from a calculated effort
>Implying it will play out like that
>Implying Americans losing jobs is a good thing
>>
>>116449
You can't lose jobs that haven't belonged to you in decades in the first place.

It's kind of ironic when you think about it, Mexico stops buying our corn, and then we have to cut farmer jobs that are mostly made up of illegals from Mexico...
>>
>>116449
> Implying American voters actually look at what was a calculated effort vs chance
Thinking is hard...
>>
I can't tell how much of this thread is le meme trolling and how much is really stupid people.

I'm hoping against the latter.
>>
>what's good for business is good for everyone
does ANYONE still believe that today? people in the rust belt sure don't believe it. that's why free trade is failing.
>>
>>111855
Which is also why Trump has been saying he wants to rip out needless regulations and taxes so that you have an incentive to come back.

Yes you may still pay more overall compared to some third rate shit hole. But the theory is you may make more overall by showing yourself to be patriotic.
>>
>>116608
I agree with eliminating needless regulation, but the devil is in the details with respect to calculating opportunity costs of regulations. If a regulation exists, there is almost certainly some interest being served by it, whether or not it is our highest priority.
My point is that unless we're considering a particular regulation or set of regulations, saying "we're just gonna find loopholes; trust us, we'll manage" isn't convincing,

.>>116456
Mexico does more trade with us than just whatever illegal migrants grow. Arbitrarily using political boundaries to prevent trade is nonsensical in the long term for a modern economy. The only exception is if we use protectionism as a countermeasure to discourage protectionism on behalf of our trading partners. Economics isn't a 0 sum game. There's nothing to be gained in the long-term as a modern economy from reducing trade that occurs at market value.
>>
>the price of corn is overinflated because retards made it so we have corn in our gasoline

>mexico thinks they can hurt us by reducing demand
>>
I hope this boosts corn in the US. I'm celiac and I'd be fucking stoked if wheat lost some market share.
>>
>>111718
>Whatever we do, let's make sure our people suffer!
>t. PoM
>>
>>111706
Good. I'm an iowan and I'm sick to death of all these farmers taking subsidies. No, America does not need more farmers. Please go away and die.
>>
>>111718
>Trump writes legislation to take those jobs and bring them into the US
I wonder when thisll actually happen and what it will look like
>>
>>116608
>and taxes
Yeah because corporations don't already have enough loop holes to avoid paying these as it is, amirite?
>>
>>116874
Why do you live in the land of farmers if you hate farmers?
>>
>>116914
>loop holes
How do you think Trump gets these companies like Carrier to come back to America? He makes loophole deals with republican state governments to permanently lower the property taxes and utility fees for any new facilities these companies build.
>>
>>116915
Takes one to know one.
>>
>>112108
Agreed
>>
Lol Pure Mexican delusion
This is why I can't take most Latin American states seriously.
>>
>>116619
Have you tried Teff?
It's wonderful for people with Celiac and several American farms grow it well and the quality good.
>>
>>116918
Sweet so now they'll pay even less taxes. Thanks overlord tromp?
>>
>>111706
less corn means less fat fuchs in amerigo.

thank fucking god.
>>
>>111817
>If America's economy collapses, Mexico's is going to look even worse.
This, America has taken in tens of millions of Mexico's unemployed and poor while sending hundreds of thousands of jobs to Mexico. They need us, not the other way around.
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.