[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vince Li greyhound killer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: v.png (337KB, 593x466px) Image search: [Google]
v.png
337KB, 593x466px
http://globalnews.ca/news/3242308/man-who-beheaded-greyhound-bus-passenger-granted-full-discharge/
anyone remember that guy that killed the guy on the greyhound and started eating him?

he is free now
>>
>>110201

so he can now kill more americans? nice....
>>
>>110208
It was canada if i remember
>>
>>110208
was in canada
>>
>>110224
>>110226

even better
>>
>>110201
Guy looks mindless and brain dead. Canadians. He's out to kill Canadians.
A society that would let these animals out--to possibly kill again--is "almost as stupid as this guy."
Society needs to lock up rapists for life, with cages welded shut. Animals don't care if they spend their entire life in a cage; it's not as if they have someplace important to go or something to learn. Worrying about mindless animals is...mindless, which is why some people relate to animals.
>>
>insanity plea
I never understood this. If someone does something immoral, violent or harms someone else, and they claim not to be in their right mind, shouldn't that be further evidence not to let them into the general public? If a schizophrenic beheads and cannibalizes someone, and says he was having an episode, that person should never see the light of day. I know that's harsh punishment, but HE BEHEADED AND ATE A DUDE ON A BUS! People have been locked up for having some plant matter in their pocket, and this psycho walks free.
>>
>>110262
>that person should never see the light of day

I don't think that's fair, at worst they should be sent to Monster Island
>>
>>110274
australia?
>>
>>110262
I don't know how silly murricant's really are, but here that just means that he will be locked in an insane asylum until he is 'cured' and then serve his sentence in prison.
>>
>he is free now

"Free"

What kind of life do you think he will have? Medicated and a criminal record forever in a cuntry that is far from progressive that it likes to pretend to be. He'll be lucky picking up bottles as not even Raunchy Ronnie's will hire anyone with a criminal record.

No, he'll gradually lose govt support, slip thru the cracks, fade into obscurity, end up on the streets wandering around, he stops taking his meds (because he no longer has govt support), relapses and his schizophrenia slowly gains control again. Then he'll be in peoples faces, maybe even yours, asking for a handout. Likely ending in another violent confrontation.

And the Mountie that stood there watching & doing nothing (too late at that point) should have had his ass kicked. Instead we gave him a lot of time off with pay.
>>
>>110262
My gf is a forensic psychologist. I've had this convo many times.

First though, it's a misconception that people like this get "free". Not competent means that you aren't able to help your lawyer in your defense or you would be a detriment to your defense. So if this happens, you then get locked away to receive psychiatric treatment until you can stand trial. If you can never stand trial, I'm pretty sure you stay under some sort of involuntary psychiatric care forever. If you are competent and able to stand trial, then you go to trial and if you're convicted, you still probably go to some sort of state mental hospital if your illness is severe enough. "Not guilty by reason of insanity" is super rare, and I'm pretty sure that you can still be held against your will for treatment afterwards.

As far as your argument about "you must be crazy to do something like this", I agree with you, but according to her, clinically, all that matters is if you were able to understand what you did was wrong before you did it. This is why serial killers rarely get the insanity plea. What they are doing is usually planned and this implies that they knew what they were doing and that it was wrong. Sometimes it just comes down to whether or not they try to hide it. That lady that drowned her kids and then dressed them and went about her day got a reason of insanity judgement because the was so fucked up she didn't even recognize that she did something wrong.

It's weird how we decide what is crazy and what isn't.
>>
>>110262
remember anon, this is CANADA we're talking about and the dude isn't white so....
>>
>>110262
>and they claim not to be in their right mind, shouldn't that be further evidence not to let them into the general public?
Yes, and that's exactly how it works.
If you commit a crime of sound mind, you're sentenced to a certain length of time then released even if you're still dangerous. If you commit a crime while insane, you're indefinitely held at an institution no matter how petty the crime was and only released when it's believed you're no longer a threat to society.
There was a guy who claimed insanity over an assault that had a max penalty of 5 years and ended up in a nuthouse for almost 15.
>>
>>110224
>>110226
Canada is America. North America to be exact.
>>
>>110409
America is the United States you fucking moron.
>>
>>110310
I'm not so sure about that. But when they word everything like:
>Baker was initially kept in a secure wing of a psychiatric hospital but was given more freedom every year.
to
>He has been living on his own in a Winnipeg apartment since November, but was still subject to monitoring to ensure he took his medication.
to
>Baker plans to visit his native China if released but would live in Winnipeg for the next two to three years. He is on the waiting list for a post-secondary training program and plans on establishing a career in the city.

I don't know about you but I sure can't wait to be on the same flight as this guy who is totally not a threat to the general public.
>>
>>110440

Colloquially. Technically, America is the continent, the United States of America is a country within that continent alongside Canada, Mexico, etc.
>>
>>110262
I can tell you I've been insane and I would not want to be free if I found out I did something like this once I came out of it. This is what the death penalty should be for. Put the poor fuck out of his misery.
>>
>>110508
I work with a few clients that have killed people. They spent zero days in jail and did spend some years in the state hospital but are now living on their own with mostly the same freedoms as everyone else.

I mean, there are people among us that have committed murders and that aren't mentally ill (by our definitions) so I guess the argument would be "how is this different"? I don't know canuckistan's legal code, but if they let people out after murdering somebody and "doing their time" I imagine letting someone out after murdering somebody and getting treatment isn't any different. You could make some sort of argument that a mentally ill person is more unpredictable but you could also make the argument that they are also more scrutinized than someone who just went and sat in a cell for years is, so that point is kind of moot.

TL;DR if the legal system there lets out murderers after doing their time, it isn't really any different than letting this guy out after getting his treatment and is arguably safer.
>>
>>110440
I forgive you.
>>
>>110274
I thought that was actually a peninsula?
>>
>>110262
Youre obvious an Amerikuk mong but heres how things work in a civilized country: Vince Li, problem drug addict and sometime petty thief, was pumped full of antipsychotic drugs and dumped on a greyhound out of province by Ontario Social Services in an attempt to save a buck. This was hushed up and not reported by the media which took the opportunity to spin this as a "crime" story rather than a "mental health" & "failure of government & healthcare" story. You see here in a real country we dont punish people for being mentally ill, but our media is polluted woth foreign money and the CIA so seldom is a full picture of events ever given by our media anymore.

Also we stopped locking people up for personal amounts of plant matter a long time ago, unless you were being a dick.
>>
>>110440
>>usa americans dont know history or linguistics

SAD.
>>
>>110440
Have you ever seen a map or have you read that in the Bible?
>>
>Leaves so desperate for relevance that they'll pretend the entire world doesn't mean the US when they say America

Sad!
>>
>>110637
>>110637
>arguably safer.

remove the horse-dose of thorazine and he'll be thirsting for eyeballs again, it doesn't matter to the extent of which he was 'scrutinized' while in treatment. I can see you trying to take a fair, objective stance on this but you can't really compare this to rehabilitating murderers in prison, who fit a far more benign profile than this guy.
>>
>>110695
Well your post implies we "rehabilitate" murderers in prison, and I'm not sure how being sane and murdering someone fits a more benign profile than being insane and murdering someone. If you are aware of what you are doing, able to see the right and wrong of it, and know that it's not ok, and you do it anyway, how are you more benign?

I'm personally of the opinion that premeditated murder requires some sort of mental deficiency but that's not how the legal system sees it.

But the question here seems to be the difference between "rehabilitation" and "treatment". I personally know what the "treatment" aspect of this situation looks like, but I don't know a lot about the "rehabilitation" aspect for the non-insane and all I can find on the topic seems to point towards rehabilitation being "sit in a cell and try not to get buttraped".
>>
is there a video?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.