[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Global energizing...growing exponentially

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: IceLossTrend.png (8KB, 100x99px) Image search: [Google]
IceLossTrend.png
8KB, 100x99px
> http://www.usatoday.com/story/weather/2017/02/08/sea-ice-record-low-arctic-antarctic/97646824/
>> The big melt: Global sea ice at record low

There's bound to be fluctuations, but only someone scared and in denial, trying to be stupid or someone who is stupid would deny the climate change (warming) trend. All the science and technology that makes phones go is the same science that realistically shows global warming is happening and society has a major effect.
>>
Not really, just the science that the organizations, lobbyist and propoganda wants to potray. Any scientist that has come forth with opposing views has been gagged and viewed as invalid. Money, politics, and power are more involved with the hoax than good intentions and actual criticism.

Bet those paid celebreties did a sound job of convincing you.
>>
then why Greenland is at record high?

http://beta.dmi.dk/en/groenland/maalinger/greenland-ice-sheet-surface-mass-budget/
>>
>>109993
That's because the "climate scientists" who claim the warming trends aren't human caused, are inexperienced. You don't have to be a scientist to look at the data and see the uncanny correlation between GHG emissions and the warming trend. But you do need to be a retard to pretend there's no association. Or a paid shill.
>>
Burn more fossil fuel fags. I want access to sea without going to some south European shithole.
>>
>>110000

We know that there is an association, but there's no hard evidence to determine if its entirely man-made. The earth has always had its natural cooling and heating cycles because there are a lot of variables that determine how hot our surface gets. The closest thing that we get to evidence is cherry-picked images of events unrelated to climate change and propoganda.
>>
They won't believe it until we're all dead
>>
okay global warming is a buzzword, but man made pollution is definitely real and is very harmful to our planet and atmosphere, which undoubtedly will have effects on the earth globally. it's really not hard to understand and people who deny it are either very incompetent or have a conflict of interest (money) regarding it.

>inb4 lefty sjw
i'm not so don't waste your (you)s
>>
>>110122
>republicans are bad
>virtue signaling

Listen kid, it doesn't matter what you think you are. You're a leftist.
>>
>>110122
>listen global warning is just a buzzword but it actually is real

>listen guys i agree but you're wrong

>our planet is dying !!!@

>i'm not so don't waste your (you)s

Leftpol is kinda funny
>>
Correlation doesn't imply causation.

Climate change might be happening, but it doesn't mean that humans are causing it.
>>
>>110139
You're basically playing devil's advocate. The correlation you're referring to strongly suggests causation. If there's even a 50/50 possibility that climate change is caused or amplified by humans, we should do all we can to slow it. Cutting pollution and protecting wild areas is objectively a good thing, so explain your reasoning as to why we should instead do nothing.

>>110135
And we aren't on /pol/.
>>
>>110133
>>110135
kek what the fuck are you even quoting you retards, where in any of that did i say republicans are bad? or that our planet is dying? (although it's true, planets do not last forever and neither do their resources.) you mother fuckers sure are dense aren't you? advocating for science has nothing to do with liberalism.

i consider myself pretty right leaning, i want nothing to do with the cancer that are liberals/dnc, and you saying that i am isn't going to change the fact like i'm not and that you have no real arguement here.
>>
>>110155
i also want to add on that this is a bait thread anyway the graph in the OP is fucking useless, the OP itself is bias sjw cringe
>>
>>110133
>>110135
Honestly, I'm someone who has abandoned the left over the past five years for the gaggle of insane idiots it is. Between the blatant corporatism and suicidal identity politics there's very little support anymore. So much of what the left does these days has no grounding in reality.

Which is why it's so weird the right is still holding onto this climate change denial. This is one place I'll never break with the left on because even if the numbers are fudged, it's an objectively good thing to break dependence on fossil fuels, stop polluting the environment, and keep negligent energy firms from hurting people. How many massive oil spills, aquifer contaminations, or aberrant mid-western earthquakes do we need to have before this nonsensical fellating of fossil fuel dependent energy conglomerates stops?

Seems the right is more than happy to plug its ears and sing LA LA LA on this issue the same way the left does it when it comes to issues of education or immigration.
>>
>>109752

If Global Warming is real how come we had a major snowstorm in the Northeast US only two days ago? Check and mate.
>>
>>109752
god damnit stop confusing science with engineering. Science doesn't make things go it is not the fucking force you idiot it's just a method of thinking and testing our surroundings.

(((Global Warming))) is a fabrication. The implication that man has an effect on the world is not in debate. What is, however, is the degree and severity of that effect. Turns out it's not that bad and natural events such as volcanoes cause much more damage in moments than we can pull off in a decade. We can have "green energy", but it needs to be better to be worth while and cheaper.

Take Hybrid cars, they started off complete shit if you don't count the one that actually did it right with continual assist and a full manual transmission. But now that run well and the reliability is strong. They still suck cuz no full manual trans though, and the prius has too much extra shit tacked on that ruins the MPG. Much like green energy regulations, too much extra shit tacked on that ruins the benefit.
>>
Record low only means just that you fools. Is the lowest it's been in recorded history. Which is how long exactly? The earth has been here a lot longer than recorded history. Global warming is natural and we can't stop it.
>>
>>110161

>bias sjw cringe

back to r e d d i t, you worthless shitstain.
>>
>>110294
The identity politics is annoying but Trump just does it in reverse. And liberals don't hold aof candle to conservative corporatism. I doubt anyone can look at what just happened with the appointment of goldman sachs executives, dodd frank and what will happen for the coal industry and healthcare and say with a straight face that the democrats weren't at least trying, while the republicans have given up all hope of appearing committed to anything but corporate america. And it's barely been three weeks.
>>
>>110376
Someone on this site finally realizes this, wow.
>>
>>110376
Honestly, I think you're underselling just how bad those identity politics are, by just labeling them "annoying." When a candidate for a party chair can project their defining quality as a willingness to shut down other uppity white people you have a major problem. When campus professors can openly teach courses advocating for white genocide at public universities you have a major problem. When the voting prospects of a party depend more on socially-engineered demographic shift and less on enticing ideas you have a major problem.

Democrats are racist corporate whores who pretend not to be with their empty promises while republicans are the corporations. Why vote for a lying middle man over the interests themselves, especially since that middle man comes with the added baggage of portraying everyone like me as the progenitor of every societal evil? Again, if the democrats don't reform down to their very core I'm never voting for them again.
>>
>Global energizing
Wasn't it warming?
>>
>>111651
Chemical energy is being transferred into heat energy, which is also causing GHG pollution.
>>
>>109998
SHUT UP they want you to believe the world is going to die and they want to scare

and off course #climategate is a big conspiration made by those anti scientific republican
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.