[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots are coming, but you still have the edge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/01/the-skills-where-you-still-have-the-edge-over-robots?utm_content=buffer7ebfb&utm_medium=social&utm_source=plus.google.com&utm_campaign=buffer

>Robots are coming for all our jobs, but we’ve still got the edge in a few key areas.

McKinsey’s new report on the future of automation notes that humans are better than robots at: spotting new patterns, logical reasoning, creativity, coordination between multiple agents, natural language understanding, identifying social and emotional states, responding to social and emotional states, displaying social and emotional states, and moving around diverse environments.

The report named four skills where robots matched us and five where they beat us.
>>
>>109064
I can't believe. Maybe some robots work in car industry, this is well known thing, but they are stupid and on a conveyer. They can't even replace workers on a ordinal fish conveyer.
>>
>>109101
The largest middle class job in America right now is trucking. Self-driving is replacing them this decade.
>>
>>109103
>The largest middle class job in America right now is one that requires father's to leave for days

Those jobs are safe.
>>
>>109064
Without emotions, they'll always be as rapists. They are metal rapists that sometimes spaz out and kill people: cause when they break, they lack control. AI will never care or learn or learn to care: merely mimic and fool the fools, and the perverts.
>>
>>109107
>days
Try weeks...
>>
>>109064
Unfortunately for us machines only need to master 2 of those catagories to eliminate 90% of the workforce.

They don't need to be creative or have social skills to take most of your jobs. They just have to be smart enough to turn a lever and push a button here and there and that will be sufficient.
>>
>>109110
You have been forgetting your name lately, Benl. Have you completely lost it yet?
>>
I like how they constantly frame this as a threat to workers when its only a threat for as long as they drag it out
Fact is once most jobs are automatic the idea of the poor needing to work for money becomes totally impractical
And if the Poor dont have work to occupy their time.... Well, good bye rich assholes. And the concept of currency in general
>>
>>109166
>>109107
Try months you sheltered coasttards
>>
>>109289
The question then becones how many people die/starve before we get our heads out of our asses.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.