[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scott Pruitt Is Seen Cutting the E.P.A. With a Scalpel, Not a Cleaver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 1

WASHINGTON — Scott Pruitt, President Trump’s pick to run the Environmental Protection Agency, is drawing up plans to move forward on the president’s campaign promise to “get rid of” the agency he hopes to head. He has a blueprint to repeal climate change rules, cut staffing levels, close regional offices and permanently weaken the agency’s regulatory authority.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/scott-pruitt-is-seen-cutting-the-epa-with-a-scalpel-not-a-cleaver.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&&_r=0#
>>
>>108725
Good. Enough of this shit.
>>
>>108741
Enjoy your arsenic laced water, sheep.
>>
>>108741
>this shit

clean water and air is for librul faggots amirute?
>>
>>108743
>>108744
Grow up
>>
>>108757
How about you post an actual argument?
>>
>>108759
Stop relying on the government to solve your problems.

in other words, grow up
>>
>>108762
Still not an argument. Maybe you need to huff some more benzene?
>>
>>108759
No. Fuck you. Im sick of you rapid dogs expecting to be treated with civility. You don't understand shit and it's not my responsibility to deal with your insanity.
>>
>>108779
The only cure for a rabid dog is to take it out back and give it some lead treatment.
>>
>>108780
All they need to do is play with their toys and stay out of grown up business.
>>
>>108762
OK, so how do you propose we regulate carbon emissions or waste runoff.
>>
>>108784
>you dont like excessive regulation?
>well how will you regulate? CHECKMATE
>>
I will kill for the environment at this point. Fuck nations, fuck politics, the science is out there and is very clear, I won't "debate" corporate shills anymore. This is a problem of the utmost urgency, since this will literally decide if there is a world in which humans can exist. If you don't "believe" that our environment is at risk, read some actual scientific literature, there are entire journals dedicated to the subject, and if you still believe the corporate "scientists" then there is no hope for you. You have chosen your side in this war, and this is a war, whether you choose to participate or not
>>
>>108794
>This is a problem of the utmost urgency
Whats the problem? The Earth's climate is better than ever.

I read plenty of science on this. Calm down freak.
>>
>>108795
Right wing conspiracy blogs are not scientific journals
>>
>>108725
all these moves to abolish environmental rumours are a good go, scientist can really focus on better issues than this, planet earth is going to be fine, its just a cycle anons.
>>
>>108794
Our measurements for the environment have not been updated, we have been keeping track the wrong datas therefore if you look at the real datas after using current calculations, our earth environment is fine as a jiffy. we should not focus on fixing but rather adapting to new earth. improving ourself with technologies, example if earth radiation increase, we should have suits or genetic modified humans that can withstand this new environment, thus evolution.
>>
climate change is not the issue. everyone wants a clean water, air, and food. if you are dumb enough to be divided on this issue by the term climate change go kill yourself and post the video on /b/
>>
>>108779
Still not a goddamn argument. Getting rid of the EPA is just going to cause our streams and rivers to become polluted as shit.
>b-but less regulation is good
I have no problem with cutting SOMEONE regulations as long as they don't hurt consumers, or the environment. However, you cunts are seriously delusional if you think completely deregulating everything is going to solve all our problems
>silly libs should just play with their toys
Who's more grown up? The poster making a decent argument, or the other guy who just tells me to fuck off?
>>
>>108828
Someone should be some
>>
>>108794
I'll make the effort to pollute even more just for you you liberal nanny.

Also, try visiting /pol/ to redpill yourself sometime on """da environment"""
>>
>>108832
Polluting more just to fill your red mug of liberal tears is just retarded
>>
>>108798
So you're ignorant, what a surprise. (Not)
>>>108828
>decent argument
>strawmen is a decent argument

Feels good to be done trying to reach you people. You're hopeless. Stay as stupid as possible please, we are better off.
>>
Republicans are realizing it's too attractive just to axe the bureaucracy, since they can use it to more effectively consolidate and maintain power in the long run.

So they're going to leave all the agencies and the bureaucracy, they're just going to go through the regulations and personnel one by one, decide what needs to stay, what needs to go.
>>
>>108850
>cut resources while placing more demand on services
>government fucks up because of it
>run on "Government is evil"
>get elected to make cuts
>repeat

They never cut programs straight up, they usually try to sabotage them. Once people start getting upset, then they swoop in to chop the whole thing down. It's how they turn people against programs that they were satisfied with before, and how they'll turn them against things like medicare and medicaid. It's all one piece of their "starving the beast" strategy.
>>
>>108852
It's not the government's job to help people.
>>
>>108853
I disagree wholeheartedly, but respect your opinion.
>>
>>108853
It is the any governments first and foremost duty to help it's people. Be this by protecting them from outside threads, by creating laws to avoid internal strife or by helping citizens who cannot help themselfes. (public schools and childprotection laws). If the economic structure of a country changes do to outside factors like automatisation or digitalisation than the Government has a duty to care fore those citizens they left behind by allowing corporations to outsource their jobs into foreighn countries. It is called Compassion.
>>
>>108790
Those regulations are in place so we don't become an amalgamation of India shit rivers and Chinese air toxicity.
>>
>>108832
>Pol's environment redpill
Every environment/AGW thread on /pol/ invariably ends with AGW deniers unable to produce any evidence for their beliefs beyond memes, out of context graphs or doctored inforgraphics, all of which amount to evidence for fuck all
>>
>>108853
What the fuck else is a goverment in any non-Africa/slav tier nation supposed to do?
>>
>>108867
>impying our government is the reason we're not China
Bitch, I pick up trash on my own as do most Americans. This country is run by Americans. It ain't gonna turn into China because of whatever you're imagining.

Anyway

Over regulation is basically a hidden tax. Fuck that.
>>
>>108882
>picking up your trash = limiting the ability of corporations to dump chemicals into rivers

What's next, a food analogy? I'd tell you not to breed, but you've probably already pumped out a pack of chimps like the dumb nigger you clearly are.
>>
>>108882
>implying corporations will pick up their own trash when there is no financial incentive to do so
>>
>>108886
>>108887
What I'm saying is that we like the environment. Why would we remove 100% of regulations?

I dont know the word for this behavior, but stop doing it.
>>
>>108725
Good I cant wait to pour my extra paint in the river
>>
>>108762
How, except through the government, do you propose to cut pollution? Vigilante activism? Nukes?
>>
>>108853
That's literally the ONLY reason for the government to exist in the first place. If the government isn't helping people, we're better off getting rid of it entirely.
>>
>>108840
Will you post evidence to the contrary or are you going to pretend to be enlightened?
>>
>>108905
You want me to respond to all this crazy bullshit >>108794 with evidence?

No.
>>
>>108814
tpbp
>>
>>108725
>muh carbon emission
Meanwhile you throw trash on the ground, drink sugar drinks, buy goods from countries that violated the environment so hard, it pollutes everyone else (CHYNAH).

How about corporations dumping their chemicals into your water because lobbyists paid for some paper pushing politician's campaign?

Keep thinking about MUH CLIMATE CHANGE while there is radeon and other toxic crap in the air you breathe.
>>
>>108930
yeah you're right, we should really get some sort of Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act to address these problems! And maybe like a "Environmental Protection Agency" to oversee these new acts
Of course, if we REALLY want to make progress, this EPA should be headed by somebody that hates the environment and opposes all environmental regulations....
>>
>>108906
Typical fascist argument
>begins with ad hominem attack, questioning the sanity of the opposition
>uses their claim of their opponents insanity as an excuse not to show evidence
>continues to ad hominem any time someone forms a counterargument
>"if you don't agree with everything I say you're wrong"
>incorrectly points out fallacies
>has no argument, facts, proof, doesn't come up with solutions, is extremely victim to the "everything will be fine just give me what I want" mentality
You people are so delusional and you think because dictator Trump is in power that it's okay to ignore evidence, facts, science, or reason. Think again, because all this affects you just as much as it affects everyone else
>>
>>108958
Here's a little newsflash for you, dipshit. The environment is not at risk, it is DOOMED.

This fight was over decades before your feelings got involved. The environment is literally fucked and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

You know nothing and you and your idiot comrades are too fucking late.
>>
>>108958
Don't try to copy me.

>let's get rid of that shitty agency
>YOU LIKE POLLUTION WTF DUDE NOW REFUTE MY ARGUMENT LOL

Welcome to a "debate" with a liberal.
>>
>>108961
everybody loves an optimist
>>
>>108794
enough talk.
lets KILL humans.

-Captain Murphy
>>
>>108958
Dude. I agree with you on the environment. But you really need to grow the fuck up. It might shock you to know that you are every bit as delusional as the dopes you're screaming at.
>>
>>108757
>"Get out of your mother's basement, get a job, and buy a house, and start a family like a normal civilian should, you fucking hippie! I hope Trump annihilate welfare so that you can learn how to fend for youselves instead of playing videogames all day.

>Thanks to the New Deal, we gotten lazier and more reliant on 'social departments' like the FDA and the EPA! If we allowed the great depression to continue like god intended, then we wouldn't be filled to the brim with whimps and naggers. I hope another great depression come and purge your asses, so I can laugh at you peasants from the mansion that I built with my fucking hands."

This is what you mean when you said "grow up".
>>
>>108958
>>108961

You want to know what fuels skepticism on climate change? You people do.

Remember Al Gore?

>"The world is going to DIE in 20 years unless everybody does all this stuff that's conveniently also what the Democrats want! Look at all these liberal scientists! They agree!"

Add in a tone of snide pretentiousness and people not already on board just stop caring.

Nothing alienates people like their opponents pretending they need to be "Enlightened" like they were savages on the Dark Continent.
>>
>>109055
>i hate America
>everything about it sucks
>so thats why i think carbon is bad
>bill nye told me so :)

Are you a communist or a useful idiot? Im betting on the latter cause you seem stupid as bricks.
>>
>>109062
Yep thats what made me stop listening. Its a good thing because "catastrophic anthroprogenic climate change" is a baseless theory. More political than science.

The Earth's climate is doing better than ever. Warm is good.

The only thing supporting the SKY IS FALLING scenario is widespread anti American values.
>>
>>109074
No, I'm agreeing that the EPA and anything that hinders industries like Koch should be abolished so that the weak can be purged from existence.
>>
>>109090
>i am le evil republican false flagging again!!

Absolutely pathetic. Communists are supposed to be good at subversion. How many times have you been called out for this? 15?
>>
>>109091
I'm on your side, unless you're siding with those welfare whores.
>>
>>109125
You're just another communist out to destroy society.
>>
>>108759
>WAAAAAAAAAAH IF ANYONE MAKES ANY CHANGES TO THE EPA WE'LL ALL DIE
Fucking end yourself.
>>
>>108794
You aren't alone. Nature doesn't know how to fight back, but we do.
>>
>>109132
Why the fuck should a dirty commie support the massacre of hippies and the death of welfare? I'm saying that the EPA was created under pressure from the welfare hippie nighafags and it should be abolish along with the rest of the welfare and regulation programs; businesses should be left alone to do what ever they fucking want.
>>
>>109078
>warm is good

This is why your narrow beliefs shouldn't factor into this argument. You think you can dumb climatology down into "WARM GOOD COLD BAD" because you've never put any effort into actual research.

The warming trend is causing increased droughts, fucking up ocean currents (which regulate weather), and decreasing the percentage of arable land.

If you deny this, you willfully delude yourself and are a weakling sheep.
>>
>>109144
>whatever they fucking want
Why?
>>
>>109144
stop falseflagging you flaming faggot.
>>
>>109146
BECAUSE BUSINESS WAS DOING FINE DURING THE GREAT DEPRESSION, DON'T YOU FUCKING GET IT?
>>
>>109145
>causing increased droughts
In California, maybe. Good riddance. (From someone who's trapped here.)

>fucking up ocean currents

How?

>and decreasing the percentage of arable land

You mean land we wouldn't use anyway because of the EPA? Look up just how much land out west is owned by the Bureau of Land Management and sits idle.
>>
>>109148
No, I don't, because it wasn't "doing fine."
>>
>>109145
>If you deny this, you willfully delude yourself and are a weakling sheep.

There's that wonderful tone again. Keep winning those converts!
>>
>>109145
Kill yourself you hippie nigger scum; noone will by into your welfare propaganda.
>>
>>109152
I believe the point he was trying to make is that all the money went somewhere (to the rich).
>>
>>109159
And to those willing to work for the rich; poverty's a product of sloth.
>>
>>109145
>misunderstand something
>attack

Every time. It is uncanny. You're like a robot. Except robots would know facts.
>>
>>109156
You've been told to stop this several times. What's going on over there? You ok?
>>
>>109150
So you're "stuck" in California? Are you saying you don't have the wealth to go live wherever you want? In that case, why would you support policy that favors the rich?

And read the below link.

http://ocean.nationalgeographic.com/ocean/explore/pristine-seas/critical-issues-sea-temperature-rise/
>>
>>109150
For ocean currents, read this.

http://www.pik-potsdam.de/~stefan/Lectures/ocean_currents.html
>>
>>109164
Maybe that's why labor and financial laws were put in place? Not everyone wants to be a self sustaining farmer. Also, how much money do you make, that you feel you can go around saying shit like that?
>>
>>109165
He has access to the information. If he chooses not to listen, then he deserves to be talked down to.
>>
>>109171
> In that case, why would you support policy that favors the rich?
Both parties are in the pockets of the rich, you know.
The Democrats aren't all altruistic, and the Republicans aren't all Wall-Streeters.
Read something that isn't Huffpo for a change.
>>
>>109182
I don't read that drivel. And I wouldn't call myself a Democrat. I blame the DNC for Trump's win.
>>
>>109133
>any change
Trump wants to dismantle the epa. Not change it. Without it, companies can dump their waste wherever they want
>>
we're really becoming a corporate state, fucking fantastic
>>
>>109184
Same. I'm still fairly liberal but the DNC fucked up on so many levels. Rigging the primary alienated a lot of voters. Focusing too much on identity politics in recent years has cost them a lot of male votes and working class whites as well. Hillary getting over-confident and not even bothering to compete in Wisconsin because she assumed it was a lock

And now thanks to the Democrats' stupidity, we can say goodbye to Obamacare, the EPA, and other left-wing victories. Meanwhile the Democrats are just jumping further into divisive identity politics and ignoring issues that actually matter
>>
>>109522
Waste is going to be dumped in either case, it just goes off to some part of the world that nobody but hippies cares about.

Just because the EPA exists doesn't make manufacturing and refining by-products just poof off into la-la land.
>>
>>108812
plural of data is data you illiterate shithead
>>
man reading this thread made me really, really sad for America...
>>
>>108811
so when in the cycle do rivers rid themselves of toxic chemicals?
>>
>>109532
this post made me lmao
>>
>Let's debate climate change AGAIN
When will you people learn that there is no point discussing this topic on the internet anymore.
>>
>>109062
>>109078
>One person exaggerated the repercussions of climate change to get people's attention, so i don't care anymore
Very mature of you
>>
>>109540
It wasn't one person. It was all of them!

You all lie and exaggerate, faggat ass.
>>
>>109538
You sound like a religious person tired of getting btfo
>>
>>109540
>One person
ha

hahaha

hahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>108832
dibs on this guy
>>
fuck nature
>>
>>108812
Thats not how it works...
Also enjoy so much cancer because once regulations stop we will have more chemicals and toxins pumped in then the factory they came from.
Also tech as we have it would not work in a polluted world, airplanes and other flying devices for example would be unable to gain lift in pollutant rich air not to mention heavy elements in the air create drag and downward push..
So slow planes, and landing will be more plummeting like a rock, if you are lucky to even make it to your destination.

With a toxic environment all life would die out, no meat no plant matter, without plants there would be no medium holding dirt down and wind would reduce the ground to sand and rock. No animals means no fertility of the land and rampant disease because parasites, insects, and bacterium would specifically target the last food sources, us.

We literally will not have the time, power, or will to save ourselves in the end...
>>
>>108961
Well someone posted a FaceBook pic with the guy who carries the Football... as in the Nuclear Codes briefcase.

Just saying maybe before we make it any worse its time a "meteor" happened again and we let nature do what its always done and survive in some form and let evolution go nuts again like always does after a mass extinction.
>>
>>109139
I wouldn't say it doesn't know how,
Bad weather increasing in severity..
New diseases...
Increased aggression toward humans in animals..
More natural disasters...
Several Super Volcanoes waking up...

All thats left is "Mom(Earth)" flat out telling us to move out before she kills us all or kicks us out... Hope Dad doesn't get home because then shit gets real.
>>
>>109538
Its fucking baffling how some people's stance on it has changed so quickly. A few years ago climate change deniers were viewed akin to flat Earthers, yet the moment their cult leader tells them its not true they instantly do a 180
>>
>>109074
posters who type like this are past their 30s and that's pathetic
>>
>>109062
>Nothing alienates people like their opponents pretending they need to be "Enlightened" like they were savages on the Dark Continent.

Well given their attitude and general unwillingness to listen to reason it seems like they are savages who need to be enlightened.
>>
>>109541
>>109549
doesn't matter if a million exaggerated and 1 told the truth, you listen to the truthteller
>>
>>109531
Singular of datum is data you illiterate shithead
>>
>Americans 'water lights on fire

Trumptards will defend this
>>
I agree that rolling back Obama's regulations is a good idea. Wind and solar are terrible sources of renewable energy - wind a bit better - and destroying a bunch of coal factories would literally help no one.

The thing is, this faggot is likely just going to stop there or keep rolling back stuff because it "overextends the EPA's power and m-muh big gov can't be stopping climate change". I honestly think Trump knows climate change exists but he doesn't want to alienate voters with more big gov and probably thinks we still have a lot of time until bad shit happens.

We need more nuclear energy, but the Obama admin fucked us on that front too and Trump admin almost certainly does not understand energy well enough to implement that. Meanwhile half the fucking country freaks if you want to build a nuclear power plant in their backyard because one or two big accidents happened in the last couple decades while people have been steadily dying from coal industry. Ridiculous
>>
>>112612
>Wind and solar are terrible sources of renewable energy
What corporate propganda convinced you of this? Those two are the only renewable sources of energy. Nuclear generates pollution nobody wants to dispose of. Solar pollutes far less, and wind not at all.
>>
>>112613
You can turn nuclear waste into diamonds that can power batteries for 5000 years.
>>
>>112613
>no one wants to dispose of
Do you actually know how much waste is produced and how relatively easy it is to store and manage it?

>solar pollutes far less, wind not at all
Are you delusional? Just because an alt energy source introduces 'pollution' doesn't mean it's automatically bad. Solar and wind cost more money overall and actually require more maintenance, while nuclear saves more lives than it takes in the long run. I'm pretty sure the maintenance and building of wind and solar plants have actually killed more people than nuclear ever did lmao
>>
>>112616
>Do you actually know
It's all fun and games until Rick Perry is in charge of Yucca Mountain.

>Just because an alt energy source introduces 'pollution' doesn't mean it's automatically bad.
That's exactly what it means, especially when the pollutants emit gamma rays and have a half-life of thousands of years.
>>
>>112620
>until rick perry is in charge of yucca mountain
What are you even trying to say

>exactly what it means
Ah ok. So we're just going to ignore the numerous methods of reusing and storing easily manageable waste that literally has not posed a problem for anybody except some faggots in Nevada?

I like the nice silent rebuttal on the rest of my post too.
>>
>>108725
I actually listened to half of this on C-Span just now.
My god it is horrifying.

Talk about taking the EPA out of the role of protecting the environment is disturbing enough.

But the refocusing its role as the sole owner of super-fund clean up sites at tax payers expense, that is literally criminal. Their argument is the EPA failed to stop the companies from creating the disasters so the EPA needs to clean it all up and pay everyone who got hurt.
>>
>>112590
Ok which climate alarmist is telling the truth?
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.