[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

British ISPs send 20-day warning to stop using torrent sites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 11e69a2db9[2].jpg (28KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
11e69a2db9[2].jpg
28KB, 460x305px
Sensationalist crap: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-4195498/Sky-Virgin-Media-issue-20-day-warning-stop-torrenting.html

Surprisingly better source: http://www.racingjunky.com/isps-sending-out-warning-letters-to-the-torrent-users-in-the-uk/

What really happened: http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3004041/uk-isps-to-start-pissing-in-the-wind-with-anti-piracy-emails-this-month
>The emails are part of a government campaign called Get it Right which seems to assume that people may not always know when what they are downloading is not kosher. Some ISPs, including Sky, have already staked out their responsibilities here, and presented the kind of advice that the government would like you to take on.

>"Sky is supporting the Get It Right from a Genuine Site initiative. This is a government-backed scheme which aims to support Britain's creative industry by informing people about legal sources of content, with the aim of reducing the illegal sharing of copyrighted material. By sharing illegally rather than enjoying it from legitimate sources, you aren't supporting the growth and success of the content you love," says Sky by way of introduction.

>"The campaign was initiated by the creators of copyrighted material, and supported by the UK's largest internet service providers, to help people access content from genuine sites, whether it be music, films, books, sports or any other creative material."

>Sky says that the email is meaningless, though not in those words, and it explains that nothing happens as the result of its sending or its receipt. However, if people persist in pilfering profits from Hollywood then Sky may swoop in and ask them to remove file sharing software from their home computer. Somehow.

>It is all very murky for an FAQ. The advice on how you should react if you didn't download anything makes clear how murky this stuff it.
>>
>>108648
So don't go pirating shit then. Simple enough.
>>
>>108672
Stupid thieves get caught.
>>
>>108672
>So don't get caught then. Simple enough.
FTFY
>>
dont need to download, just use kodi
>>
Hurr durr what is VPN.
Fokken wankers can't even pirate.
>>
>>108672
I won't buy anything either.
I've actually bought more music because of piracy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.