[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh great, another Trump law

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-begins-assault-on-dodd-frank-financial-regulations/ar-AAmAFNb?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartandhp
>>
At last the super rich are winning again.

Can't wait for that wealth to start trickling down.
>>
>A second directive he signed will effectively halt an Obama-era Labor Department rule that requires brokers to act in a client’s best interest, rather than seek the highest profits for themselves, when providing retirement advice.
>>
>>108138
>trickling down
Did you just get out of high school?
Unsuccessfully trying to get a first kiss, with that peachfuz/acne infested face?
Where have you been the last 30 years?
Time and events have proven that the Laffer/Friedman/Chicago School of Economics/Thatcherite/Reaganomics does not trickle down.
>>
>>111327
>i love commie bait
>>
>>111327
he was being ironic
>>
>>111334
Not obvious
>>
>>111331
spend 10 seconds looking at some financial charts, will you? wealth among the rich has gone steadily up. wealth among the middle class has stagnated at 90's levels. wealth among the poor has gone down. "the tide that lifts all ships" is bullshit the the rich feed you to give you false hope
>>
>>111344
I love America. I love capitalism and freedom.

Go fuck yourself ya perpetually butthurt commie.
>>
what could go wrong
>>
>>111340
Yes it was.
>>
>>111641
A billionaire got the job to make himself a trillionaire, what could possibly go wrong in the whole Free World?
>>
>>111340
Only to an autist who can't into sarcasm.
>>
>>111362
>I love being cucked by people who make >100 times more money than I do! Burgers!

FTFY
>>
>>108129
>msn.com
Good god, that's still up? Might as well source it to AOLnews.
>>
>>111641
Serious post: The major good that Dodd-Frank did was to prevent a lot of the reckless behaviour that private lenders engaged in during the 2000s.

For instance, Dodd-Frank keeps banks from using depositors' money to fund speculative betting on world markets. This is to keep banks from, say, taking the money that you have with BoA or Chase from taking that money and investing it in high-risk companies building shit in China or Egypt.

This is an unambiguously good thing since when these shitty companies go belly up, the government (as it did in 2008) has two choices:
A) Replace the money that was lost on shitty bets to prevent ordinary citizens from losing all of their money, i.e. a bail-out
B) Let capitalism happen by letting the banks fail, which would impoverish millions of Americans

A counter-argument to this is that the 2008 crash happened because government regulations forced banks to give mortgages to poor people that were bad credit risks. This *is* the case, but most of the really bad loans were made outside of this system of quotas by banks that knew that the government would essentially cover any bad loan they made. The crisis would have happened government quotas or not.
>>
>>112615
>Implying were all not millionaires in waiting
>>
>>112637
Then simply don't guarantee/regulate banks. If a person loses all his money because he or she chooses a bad bank, then it's the customers fault, much as any other bad private deal they may willingly enter into.
>>
>>112680
That's easy to say until large national banks with hundreds of thousands to millions of customers like Bank of America go belly up. Don't forget that a large bank DID go bankrupt during the 2008 financial crisis, Wachovia went under and was bought out by Wells Fargo.
>>
>>112640
You've got the wrong attitude if you think you cant into millionaires. That's not even a huge amount of money anymore.
>>
>>108138
Only the shit will trickle down.
How long until trump makes murder legal?
>>
Commies pls go
>>
Most countries didn't have an equivalent of Glass-Steagal and they never had the same problems. America doesn't need Dodd-Frank either, it needs to deregulate and stay the course, let the market adapt.
>>
>>111327
W H O O S H
H
O
O
S
H
>>
Recession incoming in the next decade.
>>
>>112686

Standing your ground laws nation wide.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.