[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bowling Green Massacre

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 1

File: Kellyanne_Conway.jpg (127KB, 800x1119px) Image search: [Google]
Kellyanne_Conway.jpg
127KB, 800x1119px
"I bet it's brand new information President Obama had a six-month ban on the Iraqi refugee program after two Iraqis came here to this country, were radicalized, and they were the masterminds between the Bowling Green massacre. Most people don't know that because it didn't get covered."
-Kellyanne Conway
https://youtu.be/3cg0UBUFrEU?t=15s

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bowling-green-massacre-happened/story?id=45258634

>Despite comments made by White House Senior Counselor Kellyanne Conway, there never was a massacre at the hands of Iraqi refugees in the city of Bowling Green, Kentucky.

>In fact there never has been a terror attack of any kind in the city of 60,000, and local officials are now rushing to assure everyone their town is safe – and always has been.

>It didn’t get covered because it didn’t happen. There was no massacre.

>It is true – as ABC News first reported in 2013 – that in 2009 two al-Qaeda terrorists from Iraq were found to be living as refugees in Bowling Green. In court, they later admitted that they had attacked U.S. soldiers in Iraq.

>The arrest of the two men, who are now in prison, led to a six month drastic curtailment and overhaul of the Iraqi refugee program in 2011.

Another source
http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/02/03/kellyanne-conway-bowling-green-massacre-retraction-terrorists

Her Twitter post correcting the statement
https://twitter.com/KellyannePolls/status/827505588808667136

Just for keks I guess
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling_Green_massacre

My take on this is she definitely made an "oops" by misrepresenting the point she was shooting for... But the words "masterminds behind the Bowling Green Massacre" and "The terrorists that were found living in Bowling Green" are not interchangeable. It's shocking that in the face of conflict, she resorted to simply spewing bullshit from her brain (very confidently), in an attempt to make another deflection point.

Thoughts on this alternative fact?
>>
>>108116
To add to this, her mention of "...Most people don't know that because it didn't get covered." is also just talk

Here a a few sources covering this exact issue (with threads in a few cases)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511205/FBI-video-shows-Iraqi-terrorists-heavy-weapons-Kentucky.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/2-iraqis-in-kentucky-charged-with-terrorism/

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article44098920.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/20/al-qaeda-terrorists-entered-us-refugee-program/

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/08/137033910/terrorism-case-exposes-gaps-in-refugee-screening

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/justice/kentucky-terror-sentences/

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qaeda-kentucky-us-dozens-terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/43243423/ns/us_news-security/t/fingerprints-terror-case-unchecked-months/#.WJWytFMrKUk

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/world/middleeast/leaving-iraq-us-fears-new-surge-of-qaeda-terror.html
>>
>>108116

Never a massacre and never a ban of any sort. And it's days later with still no correction from the WH on these claims. The post-fact society, ladies and gents.
>>
It's almost like there's a concerted effort to ignore truth
>>
>>108116
> Thoughts on this alternative fact?

I think the Trump administration had no idea what a cakewalk Obama had been provided by the corporate Mainstream Media and didn’t realize just how far and often the media would crawl up their ass on every comment they make.

Shoot’n from the hip is fine on the campaign trail, but now they’re in the White House and have to be especially careful of all their statements.
>>
>>108161
>Shoot’n from the hip

This is a good analogy. Fast and efficient when done be an expert, but a recipe for disaster when attempted by a novice.

Kellyanne is not an expert on speaking to the press.
>>
Press F to pay respects to the victims of the Bowling Green Massacre.
>>
>>108117
>Most people don't know that because it didn't get covered.
Correct. I've never heard of this. I watch the news every day.
>>
>>108171
>Kellyanne is not an expert on speaking to the press.
Are you serious?

This is the kind of statement that causes me to think leftists are especially dishonest. Is there any point in trying to reach the other side when such blantant disregard for reality is the norm?

Say what you will about the politics, even call her a liar, but kellyanne dances circles around the press. If you cannot see this your imagination is too overpowering to see reality.

Kellyanne has been talking with press for what a year now? Every single time she's going into a gargoyle's cave and she comes out whole.

She finally makes a mistake and HURR DURRR fuck you dude.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-api7B5x9E0
>>
>>108116
Sarcastically, I am honored to be here with so many people who don't spew bull poo.
However, reasonably speaking, she is average...one of the masses who needs to exaggerate to fill their pointless, empty, ignorant lives and beliefs. If you doubt: look at the serious chemical fake-up job she does on her face every day. She's probably a gas-sniffer too; that's per-fume to those not familiar with chemistry. It's impossible to be intelligent after you've been sniffing perfume-gasoline for decades. Put gasoline in a tiny bottle, tell people they're stinky and people will come, they will pay to cover their own stench.
>>
>>108240
lol what. alcohol =/= gasoline?
>>
>>108226
>She finally makes a mistake
You obviously have not been paying attention.

To cite a few:
>"This is longest that the nation has gone without a secretary of the Treasury, at least in modern times. If it's not the longest, it's darn close to it."
- 2013 it was 34 days
>"Here's the fact: The No. 1 source of income into Mexico are Mexicans working here and sending the money back."
- Mexico exports to US is 10x bigger
>Says Hillary Clinton takes "tens of millions of dollars from countries that hate women, that disrespect women, that throw gays off of buildings."
-While there is some truth here it is ISIS that throws gay men off of buildings - not any of Clinton donors
>Says the Donald J.Trump Foundation's money "is his money."
- DJT stopped donating in 2008

And these don't include all the other "Fake News/Alternative Facts" that other administration staffers/surrogates have given.

Ofc we know that Trump does this all the time, even in his Muslim ban EO.
>>
>>108240
That complexion and the distorted thinking/comments are a direct result from the highly toxic White House.
It must be a health hazard to breath in all that sulfur when you are in the presence of your boss.

"I have sulfur. I know sulfur. I have the best sulfur. Ask anyone."
>>
>>108257
>34 days
Well, is that the longest we've gone without a treasury secretary? Or close to it?
>Mexico exports to US is 10x bigger
Do you have a source on this? When people send money home to Mexico, thats its untaxed cash.

This is the best you've got? She is more scrutinized than anyone in America next to President Trump.

The last two arent even incorrect. You swear like you don't know that humans naturally exaggerate and misspeak often.

Only are republican exagerations considered lies. Meanwhile, "peaceful protestors" call for burning down white neighborhoods... but let's ignore that.
>>
>>108260
Lol good one. These jokes are really helping me thank you.
>>
>>108265
>Ad hominem
Not all leftists are a part of antifa. Just like how all alt-righters aren't from the KKK. Only some are :^)

>False equivalence
It doesn't make sense to equate protests with political exaggeration from a media spokesperson. Seems like apples and oranges

>Strawman
Trying to defend Kellyane Conway by bringing up "the left" and trying to say they're just as bad doesn't make sense. The point being made was that Kellyane Conway keeps consistently making embarrassing gaffes, not that antifa is good.

When someone is a part of the most powerful administration in the country, it doesn't make sense to diminish their mistakes. They represent all of us, so I would hope that they would be doing a good job
>>
>>108287
Ok. Thanks!

*backs away slowly*
>>
>>108296
*teleports behind you*
pssshh....nothin personnel.....kid....
>>
>>108226
i agree with you that kellyanne is a pitbull with the press. she singlehandedly turned trumps campaign around. this woman is literally the reason trump is in the wh. shes also a thousand times more competent than he is

but just months before she was hired by him she was throwing anti-trump rhetoric on panels. she wasn't making a mistake when she said bowling green massacre. she knew 100% what she was saying was disingenuous but the fucks given are zero. facist america propaganda machine at work
>>
>>108377>>108377
>she was throwing anti-trump rhetoric on panels
Sauce
>>
>>108116
Am I the only one
>"alternative facts"
>doublespeak

We are so fucked
>>
>>108116
This administration could pass legislation that provides a cute for cancer but you left lid-tards still won't give him a fair chance. You dont like whats happen then get off this site and do something about it. I say yall riot but i have nothing to worry about because all you people do is cry amandd bitch about silly shit. If you dont like it here migrate to another country, oh wait yall wont do that because yall think yall are entitled. Now fuck off.
>>
>>108410
Buddy, try looking at a political issue without throwing strawman around
>>
>>108410
Literally no economic policy that has come out of this administration yet does anything but to richly reward corporatists, grant favors to those willing to assist Trump in the past. or political appointments to those willing to publicly bend knee to him since his electoral victory.
I suppose billionaires are citizens too and deserve representation.
>>
>>108410
I don't think that is the case for everyone. The problem is, every time there is a fuck up, some like you says "fucking liberals (insert excuse)"
>>
>>108391
Still waiting...
>>
>>108410
The only cure for liberalism is a bullet. If they migrate, we will follow them, destroy them, and take their living space as our own.
>>
>>108462
How about you talk about the subject at hand, instead of conjuring up this right wing wet dream I always hear about?
>>
>>108464
I get angry a lot whenever I see liberals and become emotional. It's not good for my health I guess.
>>
>>108226
it's a pretty big mistake
>>
>>108265
>Only are republican exagerations considered lies. Meanwhile, "peaceful protestors" call for burning down white neighborhoods... but let's ignore that.
people say this but I've never seen proof of it, and I have friends that are riled up about this and at least one that's protested
>>
>>108410
The only thing Trump has done so far that I liked was to strike down TPP. Everything else makes me kind of uneasy.
>>
>>108226
If she's an expert at speaking to ANYONE, she shouldn't make a mistake like this. Think about it, she supposedly meant to say "terrorists", not "massacre". Which seems like a pretty hard thing to get confused. And on top of that, replacing "massacre" with "terrorists" in what she actually said, doesn't even make sense. "Masterminded the Bowling Green massacre" makes sense, "masterminded the Bowling Green terrorists" really doesn't, unless she was referring to some large group of terrorists there that these two Iraqis were in charge of. But there's no evidence of that, so even if she said "masterminded the Bowling Green terrorists", it wouldn't be meaningful or correct. The best interpretation would be she really meant something like "these guys masterminded, uh, I mean, they ended up being the Bowling Green terrorists". And it took her HOW long to realize she fucked up? It being a "mistake" is rather questionable for someone who's an experienced public speaker.
>>
>>108477
>another poster thinks that trade is bad
You don't even know what the tpp was for
>>
>“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
>>
>>108480
If I am to understand it, TPP was more of a political tool to cage China in then an economic one.
>>
>>108484
It is a free trade agreement
>>
>>108485
Yeah, but we're already following most of the shit in it. It was to force those rules on China. If they wanted in on the TPP market, they'd have to behave.
>>
>>108480
All I know is that it strengthened copyright law, from what I heard could be to the extent of making certain kinds of fanfiction considered copyright infringement. If someone shits in my soup, I don't care if the rest of the ingredients are fresh. There's still shit in it. But I would be interested in hearing more, because you're right, I don't know most of the details.
>>
>>108149
this cant be the case.
>>
When you already hate someone, you start to hate everything they do. The same thing is happening with liberals, they already hate Trump, so they are making up more reasons to hate him, even if they're false, over exaggerated, or misinterpreted.
>>
>>109076
What they hate is white people. Tall, short, rich, or poor, white people are bad.
>>
>>109049
Not him but the mere fact that we are fighting over what is and isn't fake news should indicate that truth isn't what matters in journalism anymore

I read some article that almost predicted this years ago, it called news "info-tainment" and said that because news is being run on a for profit basis, there will be a push to get more readers, watchers, etc... which will in turn govern what information is presented and how it is presented
>>
>>109076
>STOP CRITICIZING TRUMP!!! APOLOGIZE! APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOOOOOOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck off thin-skinned pussy. Trump is an idiot and a liar and we aren't obliged to take his cock up our ass like you do.
>>
>>109098
You're a disgusting racist. You hate Trump because he is the embodiment of White America.
>>
>>109099
>White America is an inbred crowd of corporate cock-suckers who will epouse the most blatant of lies for their followers to slurp up
Why do you hate white people so much?
>>
>>109100
You make me sick. You people are more repulsive than /pol/ on it's best day.
>>
>>109076
>>109084
>>109099
That's one hell of a victim complex, anon
>>
>>109142
I'm not even white BITCH I'm just an American.

And I'm sick of communist demons trying to destroy my home.
>>
>>108265
Brainlet detected
>>
Stop trying to make brainlet happen. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>109199
Brainlet alert
>>
"Bowling Green massacre" comment wasn't a slip of the tongue

http://www.businessinsider.com/kellyanne-conway-bowling-green-massacre-cosmo-2017-2

>Conway said in a phone interview with Cosmo on January 29, and a video interview with TMZ that the Obama administration had called for a temporary ban on Iraqi refugees after a "massacre" she said was carried out by terrorists in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The magazine described the comments in an article published Monday.

>"Why did he do that?" Conway told the magazine, referring to Obama. "He did that for exactly the same reasons. He did that because two Iraqi nationals came to this country, joined ISIS, traveled back to the Middle East to get trained and refine their terrorism skills and come back here and were the masterminds behind the Bowling Green massacre of taking innocent soldiers' lives away." Conway told TMZ a very similar story.
>>
>>108377
The only woman responsible for Trumps victory is Hillary Clinton.
>>
>>109160
>I'm not even white BITCH
haha definitely white
>says they're not even white
always white
>>
>>108226
This smells like Cuckservative talk to me lad. Go get yourself tested
>>
>>109160
>communist demons trying to destroy my home.
YET ANOTHER CUCKSERVATIVE THAT CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIBERALS AND LEFTISTS
Drink bleach
>>
>>109160
You know that Jesus was the truest communist of them all tho right
>>
>>109287
>>109286
>>109296

0/3
>>
>>108116
A lone woman tanking against the entire media.

She has balls. And is so nice.
>>
>>109325
You'd know if you actually read anything other than these cut fragments given to you by the preacher.
>>
>>109346
>You'd know
I'd know what?

>cut fragments
Cut fragments of what?

Like I said, your posts are garbage.
>>
>>108406
http://highexistence.com/amusing-ourselves-to-death-huxley-vs-orwell/
>>
>>108304
extra points for getting the "personnel" right
>>
Lmao at americans
>>
>>109509
Reddit, go back.
>>
>>108132
It's a Trump set up. He's luring the media in and when the hammer goes back well then, it'll be on.
>>
J U S T
>>
Never forget the Atlanta massacre
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.