[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump to dismantle Dodd-Frank Wall Street rules through executive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 1

WASHINGTON — President Trump signed two directives Friday rolling back key financial regulations of the Obama era, including restrictions on Wall Street banks and on financial advisers who sell clients expensive financial products with higher commissions, a White House adviser said.

>The two executive actions don't take effect immediately, but rather ask federal agencies to review options to cancel existing or proposed regulations.

>Trump and aides said Dodd-Frank rulings aren't working and are making legitimate investing activity more difficult than it should be.

>"Today, we are signing core principles for regulating the United States financial system," Trump said.

?Rep. Ann Wagner, R-Mo., who joined Trump for an Oval Office signing ceremony, said, "we are returning to the American people, low- and middle-income investors, and retirees, their control of their own retirement savings. This is about Main Street."

>Democrats said Trump's efforts will re-create the conditions that led to the 2008 financial meltdown.

>"During the campaign President Trump said he would be tough on Wall Street," said Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pa. "Then he filled his administration with billionaires and bankers and now he's trying to roll back the rules put in place to prevent another economic crash like the one that occurred in 2008."

>Most Dodd-Frank changes would need to be made via legislation, and Democrats vowed to fight Trump's plans.

>"The president's attempts to repeal Wall Street reform will be met with a Democratic firewall in Congress," said Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.

>Trump signed the executive orders in a ceremony Friday afternoon. Previous executive orders have been far more sweeping than originally advertised. The two executive actions are:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/03/through-executive-orders-trump-takes-aim-financial-regulations/97431284/
>>
>► An executive order targeting the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act — and especially the so-called Volcker rule prohibiting banks from making speculative investments. The order would direct the secretary of the Treasury to review regulations on financial institutions and report back specific recommendations to the president.

>Among the actions being considered are "personnel actions," the White House official said. While he did not identify those actions, the most vulnerable financial regulator is Richard Cordray, the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. A federal appeals court ruled last year that the bureau's structure was unconstitutional he exercises "massive, unchecked power" independent of the president. As a remedy, the court said, the president ought to be able to fire.

>It could also include a dismantling of "orderly liquidation" authority for too-big-to-fail banks. Last week, the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel released a 2010 legal opinion raising constitutional questions about the authority of bankruptcy courts to seize those banks, suggesting that the Trump administration was prepared to rely on the previously undisclosed legal advice.

>► A presidential memorandum to the secretary of Labor ordering a delay in implementing a rule requiring financial advisers to act in their clients' best interests. The regulation, known as the fiduciary rule, is scheduled to go into effect April 10. Opponents argue that it would discourage financial advisers from working with low-net worth clients.

>The secretary of Labor could delay implementation of the rule, but repealing it would require starting the rulemaking process over from the beginning. That's because the rule was already finalized last year, with a one-year grace period for compliance. President Barack Obama already vetoed an attempt by congressional Republicans to kill the rule outright.
>>
>>108020
This is getting cartoonish.
>>
ahahaha. African-level corruption in 3.. 2.. 1...
>>
>>108020
Guess the next recession got moved up.
>>
This is good. Dodd-Frank was a terrible mess. Unfortunately, Wall Street can only be fixed by relying on it less- the way we fix this is by making it easier for people to conduct their own business.
>>
>>108048
who is going to do the lending? you?
>>
>>108020
Where ever you are in the world, hide you money. Drastically reduce your debt exposure to zero.
Glass-Steagall stopped a repeat of the great depression for almost eighty years until the Goldman Sach stacked Bill Clinton Treasury repealed it.
Next minute, Global Financial Crisis.
Dodd-Franks, a republican opposed and subsequently watered down bulwark, is now being gutted by Trump.

If you have a job, good luck with that.
If you have a home, build a shack.
If you have retirement income, forget it.
>>
DRAIN
THAT
SWAMP
GOYS
>>
>>108087
Fear monger
>>
>>108091
Ignorance of history is no excuse.
>>
>>108020
Bubble.
Boom.
Bust.

Uh, oh...
>>
>>108020

I've a bad feeling about this.
>>
>>108029
>getting

Clearly you have never seen the debates on these bills. I will say one thing about libs, they are great at picking names for that sound innocent until you read into them.
>>
>>108020
>low- and middle-income investors

Has anyone EVER heard of a low-income investor (besides a bank account or mandatory IRA/401k)?

Republicans are fucking hilarious sometimes. It's like when they try to claim that the Estate Tax or Dividend Tax will hurt struggling low-income families at their most vulnerable moments. You realize even Alan Greenspan, an acolyte of Ayn Rand, backtracked on this bullshit after then events of 2008-2009.
>>
>>108131
I lost my shit when Rubio said Dodd-Frank would hurt "small" banks. Those clowns are hilarious. As opposed to the Dem debates, which just consisted of Sanders saying something, and HRC saying "B-but, I'm a good progressive too, Senpai!".
>>
>(((-HE'S}}} GONNA DRAIN THE SWAMP HE'S JUST PLAYING 7035782-DIMENSIONAL CHESS
Holy fucking shit how have /pol/tards not killed themselves yet
>>
Protip:

1) Live a poor, but comfortable life
2) Focus on experiences, instead of posessions
3) Avoid taking on debt and huge money consumers (a house, a costly to maintain car, children, etc.)
4) Live simply

And then, don't worry about money, because you don't have much of it in your life, but also don't need of it.

If the US economy collapses, what are you going to lose? Your five boxes worth of posessions? Your $5,000 savings in the bank?
>>
Bumping to remind you dumbfuck goys and corporate shills what you've done.
>>
>>108146
>Live a poor life
>With 5k in the bank
Niggah
>>
>>108864
5K is not a lot unless you live in nigger territory or a very poorly populated area, making that advice applicable to most people.
>>
>>108877
It's actually funny all the poor people I know, still manage to spend more money on drugs then I spend on food and gas, yet I am the one not getting government hand outs.

Drives me nuts
>>
It's like Trump thinks he can drain a swamp by distilling the water off.
>>
>>108131
I have all of $500 invested in the stock market right now, thinking about pulling it out, though.
I guess you could call me a low income investor.
>>
>http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-07/deutsche-banks-office-israel-raided-managing-director-arrested-over-tax-violations

>Just three days after Deutsche Bank took out a massive, full-page ad in German media to apologize for its market rigging "misconduct", Deutsche Bank managing director, Boaz Schwartz, who is also the German lender's chief executive officer in Israel, was arrested over alleged value-added-tax violations involving the company’s clients, in the latest setback in the German firm’s attempts to end years of legal issues and misconduct, prompting some to question the sincerity of DB's solemn "apology."

>Deutsche's reputation tanking
>Clusterfuck many times of Lehman incoming

Reminder that Deutsche bank's assets are several times the size of the smaller advanced economies. Germany could not bail it out, even if it wanted to. This shit is going to go down soon, and we're a step closer with every new fuckup.
>>
>>108087
Wish I knew what did well during the last recession!
>>
>>108973
You should be putting at least one eighth of your income into savings or some kind of investment
>>
>>108973

What are you thoughts on the Uptick Rule? Is it oppressing your sick gainz?
>>
>>108087
WE ARE DYING

EVERYTHING IS THE WORST
>>
>>108048
Trump will stump the Federal Reserve btw.
>>
>>109222
Good, end the Fed.
>>
>removes feduciary responsibility bcuz reasons
>calls said corruption a freedom

patrick zuma is that you?

between this and no healthcare for workers and rampant gun crime, the usa looks like one of the worst places to invest. zaire is fuckng looking safer for my money over 20 years...
>>
>>109955
Ironically what used to be Zaire is likely to see some pretty good economic growth in the coming decades
>>
>>108925
This is true. Ive seen poor people drive fancy cars. Poor people have no sense of financial literacy.
>>
>>108146
Great post Anon.
>>
>>109996
You have to go back.
>>
>>108020
The swamp will be drained, right guys? This is just a set up, I'm sure of it.
>>
>>108146
This. People just expect to have a good life handed to them, but society and the world don't owe you a thing and don't care what happens to you, so you must work hard, pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and learn to be content with what you have.
>>
>>108146

top kek

>get just once arested for smoking weed or taking piss in a forest.
>suddenly you went into prison for 3 years because cops fuck you up for fun giggles and own career
>your family went to shit and you cant exist anymore

not to mention next flu pandemy when you got fired and your 5000 K doesnt allow you to get food stamps.
>>
>>108040
AHEAD OF SCHEDULE
>>
Is there anything he can't do through executive orders?
>>
>>110040
>He thinks the swamp meant wallstreet

Hahahahahahahahaha
Liberals are the swamp
>>
Don't try to bury this under threads that are weeks old you kike fucks.
>>
>>108089
>>109222
>>110033
All trumptards can do at this point is repeat slogans.
>>
The banks have proven, without a doubt, that they can not be responsible if they are given more freedom. Investment banks should not be allowed to have any access to monies held by "Savings & Loans".

How about, "Make banking boring again" as a slogan? It seemed more stable that way...
>>
Section 1. Policy. It shall be the policy of my Administration to regulate the United States financial system in a manner consistent with the following principles of regulation, which shall be known as the Core Principles:

(a) empower Americans to make independent financial decisions and informed choices in the marketplace, save for retirement, and build individual wealth;

(b) prevent taxpayer-funded bailouts;

(c) foster economic growth and vibrant financial markets through more rigorous regulatory impact analysis that addresses systemic risk and market failures, such as moral hazard and information asymmetry;

(d) enable American companies to be competitive with foreign firms in domestic and foreign markets;

(e) advance American interests in international financial regulatory negotiations and meetings;

(f) make regulation efficient, effective, and appropriately tailored; and

(g) restore public accountability within Federal financial regulatory agencies and rationalize the Federal financial regulatory framework.

Sec. 2. Directive to the Secretary of the Treasury. The Secretary of the Treasury shall consult with the heads of the member agencies of the Financial Stability Oversight Council and shall report to the President within 120 days of the date of this order (and periodically thereafter) on the extent to which existing laws, treaties, regulations, guidance, reporting and recordkeeping requirements, and other Government policies promote the Core Principles and what actions have been taken, and are currently being taken, to promote and support the Core Principles. That report, and all subsequent reports, shall identify any laws, treaties, regulations, guidance, reporting and recordkeeping requirements, and other Government policies that inhibit Federal regulation of the United States financial system in a manner consistent with the Core Principles.
>>
>>111772
Sec. 3. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

So the order is literally a review of whether or not all parts of the dodd-frank act are working as intended?
>>
>>111756
How about "make bankers and CEO's accountable again"
>>
>>111773
I guess. Congress needs to actually repeal the law, so I guess the Regime is ordering a review that they can hand off to Ryan and his buddies when they've got their ducks in a row.

>>111784
The M.A.G.A. parodies are pretty played as it is. A lot of boards actually ban them on sight since they start way too much shit.

"Fire Corrupt Bankers" is simple, effective and efficient character-wise.
>>
>>108048
>I'm retarded and don't understand what banks do: The post
>>
>>108973
It was low income investors that facilitated the dotcom crash
>>
>>111784
That violates the legal idea of a serperate limited liability entity you putz
>>
>>111915
Executives are already personally liable for their companies, after the crash in the 80s over 1000 bankers and speculators were jailed
>>
>>108037
Conflict minerals are gonna boom if dodd gets repealed.
>>
>>111913
>i'm retarded and believe anything the media tells me to believe: the post
>>
Trump is such a good goy
>>
>>108143
>>108143
I don't know if it was purposeful, or why it made me laugh, but that minus sign in front of 'HE'S' gave me a good chuckle.

The impression I get from /pol/ is that many of them are disappointed that he didn't 'Drain The Swamp', but are willing to get over it if his cabinet makes america great again (namely in a financial sense). So, in this case they are probably happy because seemingly all of them are free-marketers and thus less regulation will put America back on the road to financial greatness.
>>
>>111589
Make America great again
>>
>>111973
jesus fucking christ stop watching infowars u meriturd
>>
>>112144
i'm not american and i have no idea what infowars is.
your post just struck me as something an ignorant imbecile would say.
>>
>>108925
I was once one of those people. It's ignorance. Most of these problems can be solved if education was a main concern, but it's not.
>>
>>110221
You have 5000k? shit, of course you can't get food stamps.
Also shouldn't have been a dumb ass that has kids and smokes weed where it is that illegal! You made your own problems. It's not the government's fault you did that shit. To be fair smoking weed shouldn't be illegal, so I feelya on that one.
>>
>>112180
Yeah I'm sure it's our fault somehow.

Everything bad is because normal people didn't get enough of their shit stolen and given to freaks.

All we need is a bigger more aggressive government to solve everything!
>>
>>112195
Wtf are you talking about. I said nothing of that nature. Thanks for putting words in my mouth and red herring my point.

See, education is important. Not just from school, but I'm emphasizing personal education and responsibility.

Money has nothing to do with it.
>our fault some how.
Who the fuck do you think you're speaking for. I am a recovering addict that has been poor my entire life, but I'm not blaming somebody who is offering a better path (I'm the one offering you the better path of knowledge)

>everything bad is because normal people didn't get their shit stolen and given to freaks.

Red fucking herring! This has absolutely nothing to do with educating yourself. In fact the only thing I can think of you relating to is either
1. Inner city poor(which is still a problem that centers around education)

2. You are right wing who think freaks are the gays and whatnot. And yes they are the freaks and outliers who get to much attention from liberal bias. That's not the point. You are whining about not getting handouts from the government when you call yourself normal. Should normal people get handouts from the government on a large scale?

>All we need is a bigger more aggressive government to solve everything!

Again, red herring and putting words in my mouth. There a time and place when the government should be large and also where they shouldn't! Shouting rhetoric is not an argument (not a good one at least)

You have proved my point to the upmost. EDUCATION IS FUCKING IMPORTANT!
>>
>>112206
Whenever people preach about a "lack of concern for education," they are referring to a lack of educational funding.

Which is basically saying that people's problems are not their own, but a symptom of a sick society.

If you're preaching for individual responsibility and personal growth, I 100% agree we need more of that.
>>
>>112226
Yes I am. I don't think the government has done such a hot job of educating the masses. So it really is up to the individual to make that choice. The problem is how many people themselves care to educate themselve, or care to educate their children on the importance of thinking objectively.

I still don't like your demeanor, it's less than savory!
>>
>>112226
Lumping people together, just because they may have a similar nomenclature as something you don't like. Isn't solving any problems and if you actually took time to understand what I wrote, then you would read where I specifically stated "See, education is important. Not just from school, but I'm emphasizing personal education and responsibility."

In order for you to not have seen that means you're and idiot! Yes that is an insult directed at you! The idiot!
>>
>>112241
Well, maybe with the new administrations view toward school choice our culture may begin to value education again.

>>112241
>your demeanor
I was neutral, maybe even supportive.

If you want to be treated like a woman, use more emojis.

>>112242
I'm supposed to take an insult toward my intelligence as if it's your argument? As if you even meant it that way.

>you're and idiot
What the hell is wrong with you? Weren't to just bitching about my demeanor?

lol
>>
>>112244
To your first response. Most likely not.

Second, in no way we're you being "neutral" while spouting assumptions and emotional responses. Which you will continue to do, because you can't hold back those pesky emotions!

Calling somebody a women on an anonymous website is just a insult of malice that has nothing to do with the argument/s at hand. It's also part of the lumping people together rant in my previous post, as you assume things based on how I word them.

Yes, my opinion is you are an idiot. It's based off of sound logic, which is something you lack.

Yes I was "bitching" about your demeanor and it seems you're doing the same to me. Good job stating the obvious! I'm glad you think this is funny, cause it's also funny to me. At least, we can agree on a couple of things.
>>
>>112248
>Most likely not
Yeah there's no way that focusing on school choices and less centralization of power will benefit kids. Your negativity makes a lot of sense here. We should just keep funding shitty public schools as they get worse and worse.

>Second, in no way we're you being "neutral" while spouting assumptions and emotional responses
>Calling somebody a women on an anonymous website is just a insult of malice

I was neutral at first. Then you cried too much and now I've been activated.

>Yes I was "bitching" about your demeanor and it seems you're doing the same to me
no u, such good insult

>it's also funny to me
There is no way someone this butthurt is finding this funny. You obviously go SO sad from my first post and just can't get over it.

Go cry in silence.
>>
>>112250
Lol, your response is axactly what I thought it would be.

Sloppy and filled with the same emotional responses and insults that you've played out.

I'm so scared that you've been "activated"
Are you some kind of retarded robot! Seriously, that shit made me laugh!

No u is the dumb one! Really... lmao

I feel the butthurt in your words. It's satisfying! Calling somebody butthurt when I'm simply stating facts is an imbeciles folly. Have a good day!
>>
>>112256
See you in my dreams, bitch. I can dream whatever I want. I'm gonna have that ass tonight.

Feeling uncomfortable yet, cuz? I am dead seriously gonna do it.
>>
>>112260
Love you babe, remember swallow all of my cum. I don't want you pulling a Monica Lewinsky or anything!
>>
>>112260
Cause I'm actually a guy! No matter how much you fantasize. I will still be a dude and yes that makes you gay.
>>
>>112261
>>112262
I will obviously transform you into a girl so its not gay. Its just a dream anyway.
>>
>>112264
If you want sex, move to nevada,. Prostitution is legal there, cause you obviously only dream about sex. Lol

You suck as a person and as a troll.

You should not procreate! Lmao

https://youtu.be/Cj1wcs7SZj0
>>
>>112266

You can't post tits on this board, so just gtfo.
>>
>>112271
Assuming things is your only option.

Tell me more about how stupid you are!
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.