[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iran tested nuclear-capable cruise missile: German newspaper

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1460422230554.jpg (958KB, 2048x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1460422230554.jpg
958KB, 2048x1530px
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-missiles-cruise-idUSKBN15H0WR

>Iran has tested a cruise missile called "Sumar" that is capable of carrying nuclear weapons in addition to test-firing a medium-range ballistic missile on Sunday, German newspaper Die Welt reported Thursday, citing unspecified intelligence sources.

>No comment was immediately available from Germany's BND foreign intelligence agency or from Iranian authorities.

>The newspaper said the Sumar cruise missile was built in Iran and traveled around 600 km in its first known successful test. The missile is believed to be capable of carrying nuclear weapons and may have a range of 2,000 to 3,000 km, the paper said, citing intelligence sources.

>Cruise missiles are harder to counter than ballistic missiles since they fly at lower altitudes and can evade enemy radar, confounding missile defense missiles and hitting targets deep inside an opponent's territory.

>But the biggest advantage from Iran's point of view, a security expert told Die Welt, was that cruise missiles are not mentioned in any United Nations resolutions that ban work on ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

>International sanctions on Tehran were lifted in January last year under a nuclear deal brokered in 2015 by Britain, France, Germany, China, Russia and the United States.

>Under the nuclear deal Iran agreed to curb its nuclear program in exchange for lifting of most sanctions. According to a 2015 U.N. resolution endorsing the deal, Iran is still called upon to refrain from work on ballistic missiles designed to deliver nuclear weapons for up to eight years.
>>
>News of Iran's reported cruise missile test came hours after Washington said it was putting Iran "on notice" for its ballistic missile test and signaled that it could impose new sanctions.

>Iran confirmed on Wednesday that it had test-fired a new ballistic missile, but said the test did not breach the Islamic Republic's nuclear agreement with world powers or a U.N. Security Council resolution endorsing the pact
>>
I'm watching a US Senator right now on TV talking about how it was a "ballistic missile" and no mention of it being a cruise missile. The march to war continues.
>>
>The march to war continues.

Is Trump still leaving NATO?
>>
>>107490
i think that trump want other country's to pay more for nato, else he will leave. however lets say iran does something stupid than trump will immediately help or ask help from europe.
he is a businessman not an asshole
>>
>>107500
>he is a businessman not an asshole

Are you retarded?
>>
>>107438
>But the biggest advantage from Iran's point of view, a security expert told Die Welt, was that cruise missiles are not mentioned in any United Nations resolutions that ban work on ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear weapons.

Huh. Was not aware of that. Does this mean that those hypersonic cruise missiles China is working are also legit? Damn, the UN is slipping.
>>
>>107490
>>107500
He threatened to leave NATO but gave UK PM May a a definite undertaking that the US would not leave.

That is until Melania and Ivanka wont give him any and he tweets that the US is leaving and before Spicer and the surrogates have to go before cameras and say that is not what Trump tweeted.
>>
>>107438
Well at least there will be some chicks coming along this time.
>>
>draft for war with Iran
The only thing that would make me go is a firing squad. It would make vietnam look like a minor international incident.
>>
>>107490
How far is putin up his ass?
>>
>>107500
Unless Putin has him dead to rights I think it's mostly just a negotiating tactic.
He's making the military even bigger, and it doesn't look like he's going to be any less interventionist than normal. He might as well hold on to the additional influence and deterrence NATO grants us.
>>
>>107500
They're complementary, not exclusive.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.