[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada proposes to lift cap on refugee intake in wake of Trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 0

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics/ndp-kwan-trump-travel-ban-1.3959617

>NDP Immigration critic Jenny Kwan is calling on the government to lift a cap on privately sponsored refugees and fast-track refugee claims from the U.S. in response to a travel ban imposed by President Donald Trump.

>The British Columbia member of Parliament laid out a number of proposed "special measures" ahead of an emergency debate in the House of Commons tonight on the impact of the U.S. travel and immigration crackdown.

>Kwan also urged the government to suspend the Safe Third Country Agreement, a pact which considers asylum seekers safe in both Canada and the U.S., and to work with international partners to improve resettlement services for refugees.
>>
>There is no question that this ban promotes hate and intolerance," she said. "This ban will have a disastrous effect for thousands of innocent travellers and refugees."

>Calling it "absolutely shocking," Kwan said the Trump travel ban will have huge negative impact on the economy, as well as cultural and academic development.

>While Prime Minister Justin Trudeau sent a positive message with a weekend tweet underscoring Canada's commitment to welcoming refugees, Kwan said his words are not enough.

>Concrete actions needed

>"A tweet is very good; it sends a clear message about where we should be. But following that we need concrete actions to go with it," she said.

>Trudeau's tweet, which went viral, read, "To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada."

>Trump touched off global outrage and a wave of protests with an executive order to impose a temporary travel ban on refugees and nationals of seven Muslim-majority countries.

>On Monday, House Speaker Geoff Regan granted the request for an emergency debate from Kwan, who said the executive order imposed by Trump on Friday will have implications for travellers around the world, including those fleeing persecution, conflict and war.

>"Canadians are staunch defenders of human rights, and they reject a ban based on race, religion or country of birth implemented by our closest ally and neighbour," she said, noting the matter needs the "immediate attention" of the House.

>The debate will begin at 7:30 p.m. ET tonight. January 31st
>>
Lame move in the short term, horrible move in the long term. Removing restrictions on immigration, especially by refugees, only ever leads to higher levels of anti-immigration sentiment.

But I guess that's the next guy's problem, right?
>>
If Canada keeps this up they're going to have to pay for a wall.
>>
How many hours until Canada is no longer a white country now? 5, 6?
>>
>>106764
>How many hours until Canada is no longer a white country now? 5, 6?

Try finding people who speak English; or can communicate at all for that matter. Other than in business districts, most two-legged things are already chicken squawkers that don't know what country they're in.
>>
>>106846
It's just sad that racists like you aren't put in prison by Trudeau for having the audacity to belittle Canada's brilliant, beautiful, vibrant diversity.

I wish I could wake up every day to the singsong lyrics of Mandarin, but instead I have to trudge through my white town, beset and besieged by the very plain and vanilla and not at all exciting English.
>>
>>106859
fuck off, commie
>>
>>106764

Syrians are whiter than the average immigrant they get.
>>
>>106893
You're probably right, I hadn't even considered that.
>>
Looks like one wall isn't going to be enough.
>>
>>106859
Have you live next to chinese before? Im asian and i fucking hate chinese.
>>
>>106963
Hi5
Me too those fuckers talk way too loud and act like they own the place, bunch of shits.
I'm SEA, so I barely stand against them though
>>
>>106759
Privately sponsored refugee are people who already have family established here.
Most of the one we greeted so far are also either christian or not very religious at all.
>>
>>106976
>Most of the one we greeted so far are also either christi
I SUPER DUPER BELIEVE YOU MANG

I AM NOT A RACIST EITHER *HIGH FIVE*
>>
>>106980
Privately sponsored refugees were.
State sponsored refugees mostly aren't but because of a program Harper had made to prioritize minorities, there's probably a couple anyway.
>>
ill never understand the left.

the people from these countries are pretty much everything they hate,

much worse then the fantasies they have about evil white nazis.
>>
Huh. Meanwhile friends sister (she's caucasian) from the UK can't get citizenship after 6 years of trying even though she has $400K, an education, healthy, no criminal record, etc., lived & worked for several years.

Meanwhile the 100 or so Syrians they brought into my community finally exhausted their 1 year federally financed program of living and education arrangements to get them integrated into Canadian society. Now they transition to the provincial welfare (oops, not pc enough.. I meant "social assistance"). Effectively transferring the cost to the provinces.

Thanks Justin! Keeping your daddy's legacy alive I see.

Btw, majority of these special people are being placed in regions that did not vote Trudeau.Go figure.
>>
Once again folks in the thread have no idea what the refugee process is (not that they'll bother to read).
https://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/refugees
>>
>>107016
Don't post links actin' like you read it.
Greentext key points. Skim it and get back to us.
>>
>>107004
I agree with the ban; but I think it was too much to block entry to people who already were previously vetted and had their papers in order.
In fact, I think an indefinite ban from all the countries would be fine. But it's important that all countries to do all that is feasible to allow refugees some means to continue their livelihoods securely even if it isn't in the west.
>>
Where Islam goes, it must rape
>>
>>107019
It's only a 90 day ban so that we can ensure dangerous people don't sneak in while we put extreme vetting measures in place. They can come back in a couple months.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.