[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump imposes lifetime ban on some lobbying, five years for others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: 588dcd33c46188095f8b4597.jpg (86KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
588dcd33c46188095f8b4597.jpg
86KB, 900x500px
> President Donald Trump acted Saturday to fulfill a key portion of his pledge to "drain the swamp" in Washington, banning administration officials from ever lobbying the U.S. on behalf of a foreign government and imposing a separate five-year ban on other lobbying.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/29/trump-imposes-lifetime-ban-on-some-lobbying-five-years-for-others.html

>Trump has said individuals who want to aid him in his quest to "Make America Great Again" should focus on the jobs they will be doing to help the American people, not thinking ahead to the future income they could rake in by peddling their influence after serving in government.

>"Most of the people standing behind me will not be able to go to work," Trump joked, referring to an array of White House officials who lined up behind him as he sat at his Oval Office desk. The officials included Vice President Mike Pence, chief of staff Reince Priebus, senior strategist Steve Bannon and counselor Kellyanne Conway. "So you have one last chance to get out."
>>
Trump did it so it's automatically bad even though if anyone else did it it would be good.
>>
>>105603
How does this get around the right to pettition?Anyways, who do people dislike lobbying? I wonder if people think every lobbyist is Remy Danton or something? Most lobbyists work for trade associations
>>
>ahahah he's not going to build the wall you fucking drumpfkins
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS HE FUCKING WITH NAFTA MEXICOS PRECIOUS ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE IF IT DOESN'T GO THROUGH THE WALL ISN'T THAT IMPORTANT

>you helpful idiots of course he can't ban muslim immigrants.
>THAT FUCKING ISLAMAPHOBIC PIECE OF SHIT I AM LITERALLY SHAKING ALL THOSE POOR PEOPLE TRAPPED AT THE AIRPORT I HATE HIM SO MUCH

>did you nazis actually think he was going to drain the swamp? look at who he hired you morons.
>WHAT FUCKING BAD DOES LOBBYING EVEN DO? WHY DOES HE KEEP PROVING US WRONG? STOP DIVIDING US.
>>
>>105612
Whos got that list?
>>
You yank cunty pieces of shi-ite voted for this balding dude with learning difficulties
>>
>>105638
Are you ever gonna get over it or...?
>>
>>105641
....Still voted.
>>
>>105638
You better be grateful for that bong, Clinton was gonna fuck you over for leaving the EU, Trump is gonna negotiate some great trade deals.
>>
>>105644

Red white and blue Brexit.
>>
>>105638
we can have a woman president any time this was our one opportunity to cross learning disability off the list
>>
>>105669
good one
>>
>>105603
Neat. Trump finally did something that everyone can agree is a good thing for once.
>>
>>105705
and hes been only president for 1 week imagine 8 more years of pure awsomeness
>>
>>105707
>8
>>
>>105638
Called it
>>105605
>>
>>105705
of course; Obama and Bill Clinton both signed identical executive orders.
It's only a established as a meaningful accomplishment by the time he leaves office, considering he can overturn it at will and on a case-by-case basis at literally any time.
>>
>>105612

Also point of fact the entire senior staff of The State Department just resigned too.

These people have been there for decades, doing pretty much anything they wanted while administrations come and go.

Whether directly or not, he cornered them into leaving.

> people say he's not draining the swamp, but I notice the water level getting lower
>>
>people think this means he's living up to his #draintheswamp promise

While I agree with this ban, it's really just a distraction. Politicians leaving the government to become lobbyists is 1/1000th as troublesome as giving lobbyists/corporate interests political power through appointment, which Trump is doing.

He's putting out a mousetrap by the front door so you forget about the pack of wolves he's letting in through the back.
>>
>>105757
This means precisely dick by itself. He's gotten rid of folks who may or may not represent special interests and filled his cabinet with some certified bog men and basically handed administration position to every former opponent willing to publicly bend knee to him.
let's see whom he replaces the folks with.
>>
>>105777
>ITS, LIKE, A DISTRACTION MAN.
Your tinfoil is showing.

It's quite amazing how tables turn so quickly.
>>
>>105797
>giving lip service to fighting corruption to hide the fact that you're corrupt as fuck
Yeah that's not a conspiracy. That's politics.
>>
>>105805
btfo
>>
>>105777
>While I agree with this ban, it's really just a distraction.
Cool opinions on a legally binding document bro

This does more to deal with the "revolving door" issue than anything Obama did in eight years.
>>
can ayone explain to a simpleton what he did without big words?
>>
>>105669
I thought we did that with Baby Bush.
>Newkular
At least he can dodge a shoe, same thing as a wrench.
>>
>>106066
The government does bad things with corporations.

A lobbyist is a sneaky person who helps the government do bad things with corporations.

We don't like lobbyists.

Trump made it so government employees cannot be a lobbyist for 5+ years.

Less lobbyists, good for America.
>>
>>106089
So instead of a sarcastic #draintheswamp I would normally use, this deserves are serious, non-sarcastic Drain the swamp!
>>
>>105777
>billionaire decides to skip the middleman and becomes president
>he then brings other kikes in to his cabinet to also skip the middleman
>somehow this is ok because they're not allowed to be middlemen for five years

Good goys
>>
>>106108

It does not, however, change the ability of lobbyists to become government regulators, which some to consider to be a much bigger problem >>105777.
>>
>>106109
These are the billionaires that love their country.

Not every rich person is a traitorous kike. Your fucking racism is disgusting.
>>
So it sounds like other presidents already did something like this, and this is meaningless because as long as your buddies with Trump he can waive it.

Also does nothing to stop corporate interests, which is the real pusher of shit when it comes to these.

So is he just draining parts he doesn't like? Still have wonder children like DeVos in his cabinet.
>>
>>106253
>implying being a millionaire miraculously makes you part of another "race"

Look who's the racist now.
>>
>>106269
Are you fucking kidding me? Its the progressives that assume all rich people act like jews.
>>
>>105612
>>MEXICOS PRECIOUS ECONOMY WILL COLLAPSE

Do Drumpfkins actually believe this?
>>
>officials can't lobby for 5+ years
>officials can't lobby for foreign governments

wow, so you mean that they have to wait a FULL FIVE YEARS? How will the lobbyists ever cope????!!!

>corporations and rich individuals can still throw money at anyone who they want and lobby
>foreign governments can still lobby whenever they want

#DrainTheSwamp
>>
>>105777
Thank you for Correcting the Record
>>
>>106298
>economy that runs on transporting and selling drugs in other countries
WALLED.COM
>economy that runs on receiving money from illegals/ cartels operating in foreign countries
PATRIOTACTED.COM
ICED.COM
DEPORTED.COM
>>
>>106323
>>economy that runs on transporting and selling drugs in other countries

No, no it doesn't.

Who's going to pay for the wall? Mexico you say? How exactly. America cannot strong arm Mexico, as Mexico has more leverage over America, because American companies need access to Mexican FTAs to be able to reach markets that cannot be reached through the US.

If Trump puts tariffs on Mexican imports then they'll jack up the price to compensate, with will mean that American consumers will pay for the wall. Mexicans will pay nothing and Trump will be embarrassed
>>
>>106329
>Mexico has more leverage over America, because

excuse me

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHASHSHAHHSHSHZGZGSHDHFJCJCJDGAFAFAGCJVHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH 3ruxg
>>
>>106253
>>106294
Either weak bait or a shill who really wants to get a pay cut. Fuck off Ezra
>>
>>106541
I have to admit that I am a shill. Good guess. I am ashamed of myself sometimes.

Did you know that my company takes people like you VERY seriously? It's not often we get spotted, or even accused of being on the job. You are quite talented.

Half of the building is dedicated to tracking the "super goyim" as we jokingly call your kind.

Unfortunately, you be severely punished. Rest assured it is for the greater good.

All hail... you know who.
>>
>>106562
Don`t do this, you`re going to spur them into believing even crazier things.
>>
Good. I don't like Trump, but lobbyists(especially on behalf of big corporations) have too much influence over the government.
>>
>>105603
Meaningless. It has about as much weight as executive orders that "fight" "waste fraud and abuse". The beast will not be vanquished by such token efforts. Wait I'm sorry, I need to pretend this is my first election so I can fit in. Uh, drain the swamp?
>>
>packs cabinet full of literal CEOs
>muh free market can regulate itself!
>lobbyists are bad! Here's a "ban"!
There are some really gullible people on this board.
>>
>>105757
>These people have been there for decades, doing pretty much anything they wanted while administrations come and go.
Or maybe they did such a good job, nobody wanted to fire them?
>>
>>105705
As mentioned before, obama and clinton did similar executive orders. But what happens after this will tell how committed he is to it
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.