[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Law and Order SVU creating episode based on Roger Ailes harassment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: gretchen-roger.jpg (105KB, 620x420px) Image search: [Google]
gretchen-roger.jpg
105KB, 620x420px
http://tvline.com/2017/01/27/law-order-svu-roger-ailes-fox-news-episode-gretchen-carlson/

>An upcoming episode of Law & Order: SVU will be ripped from one of Fox News’ most embarrassing headlines ever.
TVLine has learned exclusively that the NBC procedural is developing an episode loosely inspired by the sexual harassment scandal that pitted ex-Fox News personality Gretchen Carlson against the network’s CEO Roger Ailes, a kerfuffle that ultimately forced Ailes to step down. Carlson, who alleged that Ailes fired her after she refused his sexual advances, ended up walking away with a $20 million settlement.

But they’ve backed off from televising their Trump inspired show… oh well.
>>
>>105165

Considering Law & Order's tagline is literally "Ripped from the headlines," I don't see how this is /news/ rather than /tv/. And before anybody tries to go "muh librul hollywoood nbc fake news," Law & Order does all kinds of right-of-center shit, considering it's a blatantly pro-police show. During the Bush years especially it was glorified how the Patriot Act could be use to get library and phone records from *suspects* in criminal cases (having nothing to do with natsec), how laws would be manipulated and misused to strongarm suspects into giving up rights (and how even if they turn out innocent the cops would justify it with "well the asshole was having an affair anyway"), or just in general how cops acted like dicks with unnecessary force and profiling and how the show tried to justify it.

So yeah, L&O is if anything right-leaning, so don't get your panties in a knot over this /pol/tards.
>>
>>105187
OP here. I felt that this was news about news so it fits the thread.
I totally agree that L&O is right leaning but, over the years, it has questioned many issues including the death penalty, abortion, gay rights, legal and political corruption, etc. so it can lean both ways.
A few years ago, a filmmaker friend of mine was detained in NYC and got questioned with the good cop/bad cop technique, “…just like Law and Order”. He said he had a hard time keeping a straight face.
>>
>>105165
I still remember the episode they did with David Reimer. Shit was fucked up.
>>
>>105201
>I felt that this was news about news so it fits the thread.
Its more of an advertisement than anything.
>>
>>105187
>So yeah, L&O is if anything right-leaning
This was never the impression I got, having watched it since I was a teen. It presents sympathetic stories from both sides of the current culture war. They did an episode on 'gamergate' that sympathized with the transexual gaming journalist, for example.
>>
>>105165
Yeah, it'll be just as messy as the Gamergate episode and manage to piss absolutely everyone off.
>>
>>105317

>They did an episode on 'gamergate' that sympathized with the transexual gaming journalist,

Did they make a second one? The episode that /v/ loves so much (because it was hackers-on-steroids-tier) was about a female developer, not a transexual journalist.

>>105318

That episode was absolutely hilarious and only pissed off the hypocrites who spent their time saying gamers were/are literal terrorists but then were offended by the episode because it portrayed gamers as literal terrorists (complete with a motherfucking ISIS-style flag). It was so over the top you had to love it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.