[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ABC censor Trump's alternative facts.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 1477316642318.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477316642318.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>Trump reportedly claimed 2 were shot dead in Chicago during Obama’s speech. But it never happened.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-trump-chicago-violence-abc-interview-met-20170126-story.html

http://archive.is/uqkLw
>>
>An ABC News transcript of its interview with President Donald Trump on Wednesday quoted him as saying that two people were fatally shot in Chicago while his predecessor, Barack Obama, was giving his farewell speech at McCormick Place — a claim shown to be false by Police Department records.
>The passage in question was not included in the broadcast aired Wednesday night, but the network posted a longer transcript on its website that contained the remarks in question. An ABC spokesman confirmed to the Tribune on Thursday that the transcript accurately depicted the president's words, but the network did not immediately share the video with the Tribune.
>Not only did no homicides take place in Chicago during Obama's address of about an hour Jan. 10, but the official Police Department records and the Tribune's crime database show that no shootings at all occurred over that time frame.
>Trump apparently made the erroneous claim during an interview with ABC News anchor David Muir, who asked the president about the tweet he'd sent Tuesday that read: "If Chicago doesn't fix the horrible 'carnage' going on, 228 shootings in 2017 with 42 killings (up 24% from 2016), I will send in the Feds!"
>>
>After once again characterizing Chicago as a war zone, Trump told Muir that two people had been fatally shot in the city during Obama's speech. He didn't say where or how he'd come across the information.

>"So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, very nice speech," Trump said, according to the transcript of the interview. "Two people were shot and killed during his speech. You can't have that. >They weren't shot at the speech. But they were shot in the city of Chicago during his speech. What — what's going on?"

>According to the Tribune database, the city had no slayings for about 24 hours before and after Obama's speech, which lasted from 8:02 to 8:53 p.m. A man was shot about 20 minutes after the speech about eight miles away in the West Side's Lawndale neighborhood, but that victim survived, according to Police Department data.
>>
>Calls and emails seeking comment from the White House media affairs office were not immediately returned.

>Trump, who campaigned on a law-and-order platform, has often cited Chicago's violence as an example of rampant urban crime that he would address as president.

>But like many of his comments on social media and in interviews, Trump's ruminations on the city's gun violence issue have often left more questions than answers.

>In August, Trump told Fox News host Bill O'Reilly that a "very top police" official in Chicago had told him the city's crime problem could be stopped within a week with tougher tactics.

>"And I believed him 100 percent," Trump said without naming the official or expanding on what tactics he was talking about. At the time, Chicago police said Trump had not met with top brass since at least March.

>In September, Trump suggested in a TV interview that Chicago "is out of control" and needed to employ controversial "stop-and-frisk" police practices to stem violence.

>"We did it in New York, it worked incredibly well," Trump said about the controversial practice of making street stops. "I think Chicago needs stop-and-frisk. Now, people can criticize me for that or people can say whatever they want."
>>
>>104790
Every other network covered the speech uncensored. ABCnews is going for the safespace viewers I guess.
>>
>Four days after taking the oath of office, Trump's "I will send in the Feds!" remark on Twitter created confusion in Chicago, where even police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said he had "no idea what he is talking about." Some took it to mean he would send in the National Guard, a move that experts warned against, especially in the wake of a U.S. Justice Department report that found rampant civil rights abuses of citizens by Chicago police.

>In seeking to clarify Trump's tweet on Wednesday, White House press secretary Sean Spicer made a similar but less specific reference to people being fatally shot on the day Obama gave his Chicago address.

>"I think what the president is upset about," Spicer said, "is turning on the television and seeing Americans get killed by shootings, seeing people be — walking down the street and getting shot down, the president of the United States giving his farewell address and two people being killed that day."

>Contrary to Spicer's statement and Trump's reported remarks to ABC, no one was fatally shot Jan. 10 in Chicago. Five people were wounded that day in separate shootings on the South and West sides, but none of them died, according to Tribune data and the Police Department.

>The first three shootings occurred hours before the president even landed in Chicago. At 9:10 p.m., about 20 minutes after Obama's speech concluded, a 22-year-old man was shot in the back in the 1500 block of South Kolin Avenue before being transported to a local hospital in fair condition, records show.

>The final shooting took place about 10:30 p.m. when another man, also 22, was shot in the right leg in the 1800 block of South Drake Avenue, records show.
>>
>>104796
Do you have a link to to?
>>
inb4 trumptards complaining about censorship
>>
>>104799
No link but I was flipping channels myself at the time. The only one I don't know about if they covered it is CBS. CNN, FNC, MSNBC, & Big NBC did though,
>>
>>104808
I think the article is talking about an interview Trump did for ABC.

I don't think other networks have it.

No one seems to have published the full video

This article discussing the fallout links to the transcript from ABC.

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/26/press-transcript-trumps-abc-interview.html
>>
>>104813
Oh my mistake, you're right. They're talking about the David Muir interview, and ABC exclusive.
>>
>>104790
Americans are finally represented by an idiot that reflects how truly ignorant and arrogant they are.
>>
>>104848
This might be the first time I have ever agreed with a post of yours
>>
>>104848
Hey, if your country came further in 200 years than any other has in millennia, you'd be arrogant too.
>>
>>104875
brb, just watching jersey shore
>>
>>104882
>one of of the youngest nations in existence
>one of, if not THE, most developed nations in the world

But I guess some shitty tv negates all that right? Besides, you act as though other countries don't have shows that are just as fucking stupid.

What country are you from that has a perfect track record?
>>
>>104796
Defamation is illegal, but proving it is hard because of our First Amendment. The amount of shit Trump spews literally protects him from it.
>>
>>104884
i like how you just gloss over the fact that america is mostly europeans, who brought their own culture and history to the americas
>>
>>104917
>europeans, who brought their own culture and history to the americas
THIS
America stands on the shoulders of several thousand years European development of law, economic thinking, philosophy etc.
>>
>>104920
Clearly America is just following in Europe's footsteps, then. I mean, anyone could have seen the migrant crisis and how stupid the Euro concept was from a mile away, but you idiots went full steam ahead. Thanks for the example, pops!
>>
>>105554
how does your post even relate to the post you replied to?
>>
>>105556
it's true, though. all of our ideas about freedom and individual rights came from years of enlightenment-era philosophy. our (questionable) ideas that everyone, no matter their background, can pull themselves up by their bootstraps and become incredibly successful and wealthy comes straight from Romanticism. our law comes from common law in europe, our idea of gov't representation comes from parliamentary representation, our idea of an elected president equates to a prime minister...
america is a 200 year old experiment done by a bunch of angry old white guys who hated paying taxes, who took all their ideals from european philosophers and legal systems, and lately one has to wonder whether that experiment is coming to a close or not since we seem to be run by a blatant corporatocracy rather than the "democracy" and the ideals of "freedom" which we hold to be so fucking dear
"we hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights"
that is, unless you happen to be a latino or muslim alien, in which case we're gonna build a wall and deport you / put you in a detention center at an airport
>>
>>105565
didn't mean to quote anyone
>>
>>104917
Are you retarded? How is that a counterpoint? You can say that about pretty much every civilization except the cradle civs like Egypt, China, or India.
>>
i think he's just fucking with us
>>
>>104790

not sure i should be happy or unhappy about ABC censoring trump - i'd have loved seeing him caught in another stupid lie, on the other hand... the fewer dangerous bullshit lies from him, the better.
>>
>>104794
>A man was shot about 20 minutes after the speech about eight miles away in the West Side's Lawndale neighborhood, but that victim survived, according to Police Department data.

So Trump was off by 20mins.

Wow! What a total mischaracterization of the situation Chicago by Trump, amiright?...
>>
>>108169

>So, look, when President Obama was there two weeks ago making a speech, very nice speech. Two people were shot and killed during his speech. You can't have that.

Only 20 minutes, 8 miles and 2 deaths away from being accurate.

I hope your missiles are more accurate when he takes you to war with China or Iran.
>>
>>108174
>I hope your missiles are more accurate when he takes you to war with China or Iran.
Don't be silly.

Everyone knows that the war mongering candidate who threatened to nuke Iran, lost the election :^).
>>
>>108174
>Only 20 minutes, 8 miles and 2 deaths away from being accurate.

Completely missing the point, which is the outrageous murder rate in Chicago, Obama's home town and a model city for "gun control" advocates.

But then that was the entire reason for the media and their Useful Idiots in this thread to nit-pick Trumps comment; to distract the People from what's actually going on.
>>
>>104790
>>refusing to repeat lies is censorship

what a shithole country. glad I dont live there.
>>
>>104790
>two people can't be shot in Chicago within a 24 hour period
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
We should not stand for censorship of the truth with alternative facts.
>>
>>108352
Sorry, anon, your reasoning is flawed.
Ofc two people could be killed in Chicago in 24 hours.
That was NOT Trumps claim.
Try to keep up.
Ok there was this guy called Donald. He won the election. He's been in all the news.
He said, [pay attention now because this is important], two people were killed during Obama's speech.
Important words:
- Two people
- Killed
- During
- Obama's speech

Both the Chicago Tribune and the Chicago police department said that is not true
Important words:
- Chicago police
- No deaths occured

In fact the police said that NO shooting deaths occurred in the 24 hours spanning the speech.

>as far as the shill speaking points go yours are pretty weak
>so I am guessing you are intellectually impaired or you're 12
>>
>>108187
No, that wasn't the point. If that was the point then Trump would have said something like "Chicago has an outrageous murder rate!"
But instead he lied and said "two people were shot and killed during Obama's speech"

>Trump completely makes some bullshit up
>Anons point out that Trump completely made some bullshit up
>Trumpets defend it with "MUH MEDIA!" and "MUH USEFUL IDIOTS!"
you're fucking pathetic
>>
>>104848
Don't forget fat, America is finally represented by a fat guy
>>
>>104802
But wouldn't they like this as its a network making sure Trump doesn't look stupid? Just like how Obama was protected by the media during his term?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.