[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump's Advisor and Former Breitbart CEO Snapped at MSM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 0

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/26/business/media/stephen-bannon-trump-news-media.html

>WASHINGTON — Just days after President Trump spoke of a “running war’’ with the media, his chief White House strategist, Stephen K. Bannon, ratcheted up the attacks, arguing that news organizations had been “humiliated” by the election outcome and repeatedly describing the media as “the opposition party” of the current administration.

>“The media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while,” Mr. Bannon said in an interview on Wednesday.

>“I want you to quote this,” Mr. Bannon added. “The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country. They still do not understand why Donald Trump is the president of the United States.”

>The scathing assessment — delivered by one of Mr. Trump’s most trusted and influential advisers, in the first days of his presidency — comes at a moment of high tension between the news media and the administration, with skirmishes over the size of Mr. Trump’s inaugural crowd and the president’s false claims that millions of illegal votes by undocumented immigrants swayed the popular vote against him.
>>
>>104620
>Mr. Bannon, who rarely grants interviews to journalists outside of Breitbart News, the provocative right-wing website he ran until August, was echoing comments by Mr. Trump last weekend, when the president said he was in “a running war” with the media and called journalists “among the most dishonest people on earth.” Mr. Bannon’s remarks added to the growing acrimony between the press and a president who made attacks on the media a rallying point of his election campaign.

>Among Mr. Trump’s advisers in the White House, Mr. Bannon is responsible for putting into action the nationalist vision that Mr. Trump channeled during the later months of the campaign, one that stemmed from Mr. Bannon himself. And in many ways Mr. Trump has acted on that vision during his first week in office — from the description of “American carnage” he laid out in his inauguration speech to a series of executive actions outlining policies on trade agreements, immigration and the building of a border wall.

>Mr. Bannon is one of the strongest forces in an administration with competing power centers. A savvy manipulator of the press, and a proud provocateur, he was among the few advisers in Mr. Trump’s circle who were said to have urged Sean Spicer, the new press secretary, to give a confrontational, emotional statement to a shocked West Wing briefing room on Saturday, when the White House disputed news reports about the size of the inauguration crowd. He shares Mr. Trump’s view that the news media misunderstood the movement that the president rode into office.
>>
>>104622
>Speaking by telephone on Wednesday, Mr. Bannon delivered a broad indictment of the news media as being biased against Mr. Trump and out of touch with the American public. That is an argument familiar to readers of Breitbart and followers of personalities friendly to Mr. Trump, like Sean Hannity of Fox News.

>“The elite media got it dead wrong, 100 percent dead wrong,” Mr. Bannon said of the election, calling it “a humiliating defeat that they will never wash away, that will always be there.”

>“The mainstream media has not fired or terminated anyone associated with following our campaign,” Mr. Bannon said. “Look at the Twitter feeds of those people: They were outright activists of the Clinton campaign.” (He did not name specific reporters or editors.)

>“That’s why you have no power,” he added. “You were humiliated.”
>>
>>104623
>Mr. Bannon spoke in blunt but calm tones, peppered with profanity, and humorously referred to himself as “Darth Vader.” He said, with ironic relish, that Mr. Trump was elected by a surge of support from “the working-class hobbits and deplorables.”

>The conversation was initiated by Mr. Bannon to offer praise for Mr. Spicer, who has been criticized this week for making false claims at the White House podium about attendance at Mr. Trump’s inaugural, for calling reporters dishonest and lecturing them about what stories to write, and for failing to disavow Mr. Trump’s lie about widespread voter fraud in the election.

>Asked if he was concerned that Mr. Spicer had lost credibility with the news media, Mr. Bannon chortled. “Are you kidding me?” he said. “We think that’s a badge of honor. ‘Questioning his integrity’ — are you kidding me? The media has zero integrity, zero intelligence, and no hard work.”

>“You’re the opposition party,” he said. “Not the Democratic Party. You’re the opposition party. The media’s the opposition party.”
>>
>>104624
>Journalists reacted with alarm and defiance to Mr. Bannon’s comments. “What country are we living in?” Christiane Amanpour, the CNN correspondent, wrote on Twitter.

>“We are not the opposition,’’ Stephen Engelberg, editor in chief of the nonprofit news organization ProPublica, wrote in an email. “We are part of an essential function in any democracy.” He added that ProPublica had no intention of “shutting up in response to this or any other president’s demand.”

>“We are here to tell the truth and we intend to continue doing so, regardless of how badly some might want us to parrot ‘alternative facts,’” Mr. Engelberg said.

>Mr. Bannon mostly referred to the “elite” or “mainstream” media, but he cited The New York Times and The Washington Post by name.

>“The paper of record for our beloved republic, The New York Times, should be absolutely ashamed and humiliated,” Mr. Bannon said. “They got it 100 percent wrong.”

>He added that he has been a reader of The Times for most of his adult life.
>>
>>104620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmoh5uommbM
>>
It's like watching a hilarious satire play out in real life
>>
>>104620
As for the reasoning behind his Rage:
http://www.chron.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Steve-Bannon-s-Media-Rage-Explained-Press-10887758.php
>>
>>104647
>“If Bannon didn’t care, then he would ignore all of it,” Al Tompkins, Poynter Institute’s senior faculty for broadcasting and online, told TheWrap.
>“The opposite of love is not hate — it’s apathy. It matters and they know that this press coverage is killing their credibility,” Tompkins said. “Even their own supporters have to be raising questions."

Oh my, how unhinged has the White House become of Bannon doing shit like this. They are not even week in. At this pace the Trump administration wont last a year
>>
>>104648
They'll crash America with them, and we'll all be keking on our Chink Basket Weaving Site.
>>
what was he anticipating.
disparaging a pride of lions for salivating as trump charges headlong into them wearing a meatsuit
>>
>run for president against all odds
>opposition lives in echo chamber and refuses to listen to outside voices
>get elected president because of these factors
>immediately surround yourself with an echo chamber and refuse to listen to outside voices
pottery
>>
This is getting absurd far faster than I anticipated. It's been one week and they're already cartoon characters.
>>
>I am a Leninist
>I want to destroy the state
Was he serious, or just memeing?
>>
>Obama imposes a 20% across the board import tax on mexico to pay for universal healthcare
>Obama makes bizarre claims that his clearly smaller inauguration is the largest in history.
>Obama claims 2-3 million illegals voted for his opponent and that he would have won the popular vote easily if not for this
>Obama has a close relationship with Xi Jin Pingm, Chinese leader believed to have ordered the hacking of the republican party
>Obama says nato is obsolete and may not support it.
Impeachment proceedings would already be underway.
>>
>>104685
>Obama suggested sending National Guard to Chicago

Alex Jones head explodes.
>>
If you guys are loving this absurd stance, you should look up what's going on with VoA now. Dumbasses couldn't even wait month before going full retard
>>
>>104685
Learn to negotiate.

Also, havent you noticed how often trumps claims come true? He's saying that stuff about illegals because theres evidence.

Fuckin pay attention
>>
>>104685
>Obama has a close relationship with Xi Jin Pingm, Chinese leader believed to have ordered the hacking of the republican party
Also this one is total bullshit fuck off with your literal fake news
>>
>>104707
This is one of those times I wish we could post images here
>>
>>104706
>muh super sekrit trump negotiation tactics
Also his right and wrong claim ration has been leaning heavy on the wrong if you actually think about the ALL the shit he's said
>>
>>104707

We know it's bullshit, anon. The point he was making was that if Obama did all of those things, the entire nation would be a giant uproar over it.

It's called the Obama game. You replace the word "Trump" with Obama and compare the reactions you get from people.
>>
>>104682
Yeah that story got posted around a few times. It's a tabloid article where the author claims that, in a private conversation that totally happened, Bannon said he was secretly a Leninist that wanted to destroy America. When asked about this private conversation with someone he never met, Bannon shockingly denied it, this proving he is a Leninist. Unless you have something better than the daily beast floating around I wouldn't buy it for a quarter if it came with a gumball
>>
>>104716
Ok so you ignore it completely, and I'll keep it in the back of my mind as a remote possibility
Remote because it seems so unbelievable, although to be honest it seems more believable every day
>>
>>104724
>>104716

Why does Bannon need to be a Leninist to lose credibility? He's already an extremist bigot who publishes blatantly false news stories (1000 Muslims burn down church in Berlin, anyone?). Why isn't this reason enough to disbelieve/ignore everything he says?
>>
>>104758
I'm not so much concerned about his "Leninism", I doubt he knows what that really implies. I'm concerned with his and Trump's apparent interest in "destroying the system"
This rhetoric is only a shade away from ISIS rhetoric, and it's slightly concerning that it's coming from the highest office in the USA
>>
>>104631
Glad I'm not American tbh.
>>
>>104706
>Also, havent you noticed how often trumps claims come true?

When you throw enough batshit on the wall, some of it sticks.
>>
HOW CAN A MAN BE SO BASED‽
>>
>>104822
How can an Anonymous poster be even more vague and ironic?
>>
>>104762

>We go to battle against the plutocratic and reactionary democracies of the west… This gigantic struggle is nothing other than a phase in the logical development of our revolution; it is the struggle of peoples that are poor but rich in workers against the exploiters who hold on ferociously to the monopoly off all the riches and all the gold of the earth…

>Democracy is beautiful in theory; in practice it is a fallacy. You in America will see that some day.

-Benito Mussolini

If we're to rebuild the United States into a beacon and model for ethnic fascism around the globe, we'll have to tear down the system. Also, despite what Spencer and some on /pol/ say, there will be no way for a peaceful ethnic deportation/cleansing, so we'll have to account for the lives lost there too since I don't think the libtards and their minority puppets will go down without a fight, which will lead to a bloody Second Civil War after the global collapse. We might be able to take a few tips from Russia though, as they seem to have successfully repressed their liberal populations and formed a white-Christian ethnostate despite all the globalist pressure on them to reform, and continue to spit in the face of the globalists.
>>
>>104659

I'm guessing this is orchestrated outrage because it was the same tactic than contributed to winning the presidency for Trump's team.

Trump intentionally acts like a manchild and has his cabinet go out and make outrageous claims, the news media scramble to get it on the front page, and then the administration decries the fake media.

They do this consistently enough to desensitize their base to the media. Then when the really heinous stuff comes out, the stuff that would sink any other politician's career, their share of the electorate remains more amenable to their side.

What's worrying about this is that his continued use of this strategy would suggest there is possibly more heinous stuff to be uncovered or even planned. And obviously to get away with it they don't need every American on their side; a healthy chunk of middle America, if they're deluded or fearful enough of the alternative, is apparently sufficient for them to get away with whatever they've done.
>>
>>104620
>nytimes
liberal clickbait garbage.
>>
>>104995
That would lead to WW3 and likely nuclear destruction.

Also nice quote from a guy who got his fascist Italian ass blasted.
>>
>>105022
>implying WW3 would be a bad thing
The West needs another great war. They have grown weak and insipid without the fires of warfare to temper them.
>>
>>105027
>wants WW3
>acts like he'd be unaffected by another world war

sounds good bud
>>
>>105019

The Trump Admin is challenging the media by throwing their elitist status at them and showing the world their reaction is everything they could have hoped for. With mainstream media crying and bitching they undermine their legitimacy with the American people, cause Americans loathe people that bitch and moan. This, along with the fake news is what will erode the people's trust in the mainstream news.
>>
Trump might be an absolute idiot, when he and his people call the American media a pile of dogshit with even more dogshit instead of brains, he's absolutely right.

I guess that's his broken clock moment.
>>
>>105027
>he says as he sits with his chinkpad in his mom's basement, mountain dew and doritos within reach.
>>
>>105043

Can you please help me understand the logic and frame of mind that leads one to these conclusions?

Apparently tens of millions of people agree but for the life of me I can't see our society in such a miserable light, or understand where the claims of fake news and conspiracy to misinformation are coming from.

To my understanding, it's important for the news media to research and explain all significant current events using properly sourced evidence and providing complete context.

News sometimes contains misinformation but it's not something I see happening commonly enough (except in science journalism) and with enough or a clear agenda to auggest conspiracy. People have opinions. News anchors have opinions. On MSNBC they tend liberal, and on Fox they tend conservative. But where are all of these glaring lies and manufactured incidents? Failing any other evidence can't help but view much of Trump's following as the ones actually beimg deluded by alternative media which frequently seems to feature many of the actual characteristics of concerted disinformation campaigns.
>>
>>105027
you know during world wars you can't get coffee, new clothes, gasoline, or meat and have to wait 3 hours to get a loaf of bread? If nothing else why would you want to do that?
>>
>>104620
>>“I want you to quote this,” Mr. Bannon added. “The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country. They still do not understand why Donald Trump is the president of the United States.”

This part is true though. Anybody that's existed from 2015 to now would think half of the major news companies in the US deserve to get their staff slashed.
>>
>>105043
You know what? You might be right. But the answer isn't to erode the freedom of press. We need to preserve our civil liberties and freedoms.
>>
>>105035
And what do you suggest replaces MSM?

InfoWars? Breitbart? RT? 4chan?

Get a grip, anon.
>>
>>105076

4chan blows most news sites out of the water. I would prefer some random faggot from /news/ to give me news than MSNBC, CNN, FOX, etc. But the rest? Nah. Just as bad in some ways.

But the fact that 4chan is a better news source says more about how shit they are than how good 4chan is.
>>
>>105081
>But the fact that 4chan is a better news source says more about how shit they are than how good 4chan is.

Wew lad. Where do you think they get their news? Where do you think news comes from? Do you think they just walk outside and news streams into their heads?
>>
>>105081
>4chan is now a news site
>rate my dick thread on /b/

This just in: 4chan is fast becoming one of the nation’s top comedy sites.
>>
>>104673
Thats politics in general. When was the last time either side changed stances on their party morals and what the people want?

I gave up any hope of that after that former vet chick got ass raped by an illegal.
>>
>>105076
For politics I'll take C-span 1,2, and 3 for 1,000.

Fuck anything else.
>>
>>105090
>This just in: 4chan is fast becoming one of the nation’s top comedy sites.
So the Left will start getting all their /news/ from 4chan now?
>>
>>104995
>15% muslim and growing
>white birth rate is among the lowest in europe
For all /pol/ complains about muslims in the west the biggest ticking time bomb is in their gold standard.
>>
>>105091
>when was the last time
Well, a sizable portion of democrats shifted to the right economically after the clinton years, and it looks like they're shifting back to the left after Hillary's failure. In the 90's republicans became more supportive of free with nafta trade but after Trump they are becoming the protectionist party, something the democrats used to be known for. Party realignments aren't unheard of.
>>
>>105054
The logic and frame of mind comes from the media intentionally wording things in a way as to provoke outrage or force an ideology. You only need to look at them having photoshopped photos of Zimmerman to be paler so that they could play up racial tensions. The term White Hispanic is another example. They play up racial angles to keep you idiots from looking at the real disparity in your country. Class. They're happy to talk about every time a black man was shot by a white cop, when was the last time they talked about the white hobo who was beaten to death by police officers while he screamed for his parents to save him? Police brutality, a serious fucking issue in your country, is spoken about them only enough for them to get black people and white people mad at each other, rather than mad at an establishment that treats them both like mud.

Or the fact that in their attempt to make Trump look like a joke, they gave him the biggest platform the world had ever seen. They posted everything he said thinking it would make him look like a big meanie-bo-beanie and thus nobody would ever vote for him. They completely ignored the fact that the middle of America fucking openly despises all notions of political correctness, and that Clinton was highly unpopular outside the places that would vote for her simply because she has a twat. They're completely out of touch with anyone who doesn't think like them, and helped the most impossible president ever be elected.

You can look at the way they gloss over American fuck-ups in Syria, you can look at how anything that doesn't fit the narrative is ignored.

Frankly I wish I could post that image of the Time magazines from around the world, where it shows the international ones featuring stories about world politics, while the American ones were patriotic drivel and fucking fluff.
>>
>>104822
I had actually separated myself from memes while reading this thread. If you notice, you're the first one and sticking out like a sore thumb. Back to /pol/
>>
>>105246
It's one thing to argue that media sometimes acts irresponsibly or shows bias. and something else entirely to argue that there exists a concerted campaign of disinformation designed to lead the audience to favor a particular narrative. A mass conspiracy requires evidence of some underlying cooperation. Fox News has in multiple instances photoshoped faces of other journalists.

Multiple news outlets tending to favor one particular reading of events or providing coverage that sheds more of a positive light on one political faction than another might likely be a matter of pure coincidence. One worldview tends to feature greater congruence with reality. One party tends to favor a more realistic worldview.

And of course, there's the matter of some subjectivity in media. If liberals tend to live on the east coast, and more journalists tend to graduate from colleges on the east coast, then more journalists will tend to be liberal. No conspiracy required for explanation.

Free press isn't a guarantee that every perspective will be given its fair share of coverage on all medias; it is up to individuals to exercise their rights to provide the coverage they see missing from the dialectic. And it is the ultimate responsibility of the electorate to think critically and neutrally, check sources, and generally exercise sound judgement. Middle America may hate PC news coverage; but it's generally irresponsible to let your personal feelings toward the source of information, or the manner in which it is framed, drive your affinity for a particular narrative.
>>
>>105422
to continue: To this effect I see outlets as Fox News and Breitbart step up to provide coverage of a conservative bent, from a perspective to which the Middle American demographic can relate more toward. Middle Americans, whites, males, Christians, and straight people have their fair share of legitimate grievances with the current national and world order. The only problem is, even if we take the most mainstream outlets that tend toward a conservative narrative, like Fox News, we find that in poll after poll, their viewers are consistently more misinformed on news than the typical audience of competitors CNN and MSNBC.
http://publicmind.fdu.edu/2011/knowless/

Somewhere in that coverage, there is a perspective that cannot be so easily maligned by liberals. I am still waiting for conservatives to step up and offer converge of a quality sufficient to convince even their ideological opposition rather than taking the approach that they just need their core conservative viewership; anyone who knows better or thinks differently be damned.
(the WSJ isn't so bad in this respect, although it doesn't command nearly the same level of viewership than Fox News)
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 0

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.