[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russia to Decriminalize Some Forms of Domestic Violence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 16757888_303[1].jpg (40KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
16757888_303[1].jpg
40KB, 700x394px
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2017/01/25/world/europe/ap-eu-russia-domestic-violence.html

>MOSCOW — The Russian parliament on Wednesday passed the second reading of a controversial bill to decriminalize some forms of domestic violence.

>The State Duma voted 385-2-1 to eliminate criminal liability for battery on family members that doesn't cause bodily harm. The bill that makes battery on a family member punishable by a fine or a 15-day day arrest has yet to be approved in the third reading. From the Duma, it would proceed to the upper house, largely a rubber-stamp body, and then to President Vladimir Putin's desk.

>The bill stems from a Supreme Court ruling to decriminalize battery that doesn't inflict bodily harm, but to retain criminal charges for those accused of battery against family members. Conservative activists objected, arguing it was a threat to parents who might spank their children.

>Activists picketed the Duma on Wednesday morning to oppose the bill, which has caused controversy and attracted more than 200,000 signatures online against it.

>Olga Batalina, one of the bill's co-authors, rejected suggestions that the bill would sow impunity for those who beat up their families.

>"The Criminal Code still carries criminal responsibility for battery, but now it will be applicable only for repeat offenders," he told state television. All those "who terrorize their family members, who do it repeatedly ... will face criminal responsibility."

>Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov wouldn't comment on the bill.

>A survey this month by state-run pollster VTsIOM showed that 19 percent of Russians said "it can be acceptable" to hit one's wife, husband or child "in certain circumstances." The nationwide poll by phone of 1,800 people was held Jan. 13-15. The survey had a margin of error of 2.5 percentage points.
>>
yuo see ivan
>>
>>103552
From the outside it seems so barbaric, if there's any Russian anons I'd love to hear what you think about this
>>
https://youtu.be/uXom0OP3Rwk
>>
>>103554
They've got a point in regards to spanking. That right there is a time-tested effective form of keeping your kids from misbehaving. But then if that's the reason, why is it being applied to all family members instead of just children?
>>
>>105350
>That right there is a time-tested effective form of keeping your kids from misbehaving.
Even for that it's only good as a last resort, if you actually want to fix the problem of misbehavior it's better to try to teach them WHY their behavior is wrong (assuming they're old enough to have some ability to comprehend logic). Otherwise, they'll end up with the mentality that it's okay to misbehave as long as you don't get caught.
>>
Domestic wasn't legalize, it was downgraded from crime to administrative offense. I'll try to explain. Before this bill if dad would spank his child for screaming in public, and that child would say about it to, for example, teacher and teacher will report it to police, then dad can be put in jail, up to a year if I'm not wrong. Now punishment for domestic violence will be 90-900$ fine, public works, or if daddy spanks his child or hits his wife regularly - up to 3 month arrest.

I still think that this bill is just another visualization of Russian governments stupitidy.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.