[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump / Orwell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 1

File: 1984-book-cover-pic.jpg (182KB, 300x503px) Image search: [Google]
1984-book-cover-pic.jpg
182KB, 300x503px
http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/george-orwell-s-1984-gets-sales-boost-after-alternative-facts-1.3255413

“…Orwell's classic dystopian tale of a society in which facts are distorted and suppressed in a cloud of "newspeak" was in the top 5 on Amazon.com as of midday Tuesday. The sales bump comes after the administration’s assertions that Trump's inaugural had record attendance and Trump's unfounded allegation that millions of illegal votes were cast against him last fall."
>>
in b4 hired trump astroturfers
>>
>>103529
see related >>>103117
>“My job is to shut other white people down when they want to say, ‘oh, no, I’m not prejudice; I’m a Democrat; I’m accepting,'”
>>
good.
more people should read this.
>>
>>103532
Idiot, we just like him.
>>
>>103567
Thanks, but >>103117 is not really related. Orwell’s 1984 was written shortly after a time when propaganda had been used by all sides in the Second World War, ‘Newspeak’ was normalized by Stalin, Hitler, Roosevelt, etc. but also at the BBC where Orwell was employed for a while. That life (Trump) imitates art (Big Brother) is what fascinates me at the moment.

Poor Donald just shows that he so far out of his depth in his new job . . .. but, hopefully, he’ll learn.
>>
>>103641
>we
>>
>>103649
>Trump
>Learning

Pick one.
>>
>>103641
you're hired
>>
>>103651
>>103663
I feel sorry for you. Something wonderful is happening and you reject it, why? Open up.
>>
funny how people only care about newspeak when its the person they dont like thats in charge.
>>
>>103665
>Something wonderful is happening
We'll see.
>>
>>103666
The devil seeks to sow discorded as always.
>>
>>103667
No, you won't :/
>>
Hilarious, these people will try to abstract this onto trump, an open guy in a land where people are allowed to protest, instead of the political elite with special interests and the media that promotes all this new wave of extreme liberal values and destructive levels of virtue

fuck 'em
>>
Brave New World > 1984
>>
>>103529
This isnt news. Its an advertisement. The lowest form of shitposting.
>>
>>103529
>Revelation that NSA is spying on Americans
>...
>Trump butthurt about media harping on inauguration crowd
>ZOMG 1984 IS NOW

You think these people realize they've become caricatures of themselves?
>>
>>103720
>>trump…an open guy
Show us the tax returns

But, at least Trump’s convoluted cowardice is encouraging people to read great English books.
>>
>>103529
>1984
>Applying to America, not the UK
You guys are smoking pot or something right? The NSA might be known for hacking, but that's nothing compared to what the Tories just passed over here
>>
>>103743
>Show us the tax returns

There's no good reason to release tax returns when you're being audited, simply to appease a group of pear clutching liberals who have already preemptively decided hes the devil because they can't stop making a sideshow out of frivolous bullshit that's only been around since Nixon.

Giving a temper tantrum throwing child attention the they demand reinforces bad behavior.
>>
>>103747
No tax returns and no ethical accountability are what will probably bring Trump down, not ‘alternative facts’ and distorting reality.

>>103734
Good one, for sure. And they are both becoming bestsellers again thanks to KellyAnne Conway.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/25/media/george-orwell-1984-best-seller/
>>
>>103749
>No tax returns and no ethical accountability are what will probably bring Trump down

Right. Let us know when he breaks Obama's record for "most whitsleblowers prosecuted".
>>
>>103751
Trump won't bother prosecuting.

He'll just send them to Gitmo.
>>
>>103752
Holy goal post shift

How many people put in Gitmo during the last eight years had a fair trial. you think? 2? 3? Out of the 700+?
>>
>>103751
Obama didn’t have a Russian mobster living downstairs.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/richardbehar/2016/10/03/donald-trump-and-the-felon-inside-his-business-dealings-with-a-mob-connected-hustler/#1c0c92891e02
>>
>>103778
>muh russian boogeyman

Absolutely nothing to to with Obama's record of prosecuting whistle blowers and denying trial to indefinitely detained prisoners in Gitmo.

Moreover, several people in the comments of that article pointed out that it's yellow journalism, seeing as Sater has as many financial/political connections to the anti-Trump squad as he does Trump himself.

A year from now, this Russian boogeyman shit will look as ridiculous as the birther movement.
>>
>>103747
>Giving a temper tantrum throwing child attention the they demand reinforces bad behavior.
That perfectly describes how Trump got elected
>>
Nothing makes me roll my eyes harder than people seriously comparing the modern day US to a fictional totalitarian regime in a high-school-reading-level book.

I used to think gun nuts were delusional with their "DEY GON TAKE MAH GUNS" talk every time Obama went on TV to mourn a mass shooting, but clearly the anti-Trump crowd is gonna give them a run for their money with the way they kneejerk to seemingly every stupid thing the Trump camp does
>>
>>103786
>That perfectly describes how Trump got elected
>WE'RE NOT THROWING A TEMPER TANTRUM YOU ARE
>NOW AGREE WITH ME WHILE I LIGHT THIS LIMO ON FIRE AND SCREAM IN THE STREET
>>
>>103788
>Nothing makes me roll my eyes harder than people seriously comparing the modern day US to a fictional totalitarian regime in a high-school-reading-level book.

This what leftist Anti-Establishment™ thought has become. They're all larping as freedom fighters from Hogwarts or District 12 because the TV told them they were the "resistance".
>>
>>103804
/thread
>>
>>103786
>>103804
>>103788
>>103818
>>103823
Hate to interrupt your circlejerk before you cum all over each others dicks, but people are genuinely angry and Trump has the lowest approval ratings of any president since Nixon.

Most people just simply don't have the platform of an entire website like /pol/ does. Maybe that's why you aren't seeing a lot of anger in your circles.
>>
>>103827
Nigga, don't give me that (You), I'm not circlejerking anything. American politics have been a farce for a long time, and this is yet another chapter in it that people are scapegoating to justify chimping out in the hopes that nobody will notice.

Trump is a goddamn moron, but the opposition is almost trying to race him to the bottom of the barrel acting out of pure fear and pulling stupid shit like this
>>
>>103827
>but people are genuinely angry and Trump has the lowest approval ratings of any president since Nixon.
Monday:
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/3-days-into-trumps-presidency-45-percent-of-americans-disapprove-of-his-performance/
45%

Today:
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_jan25
57%
>>
>>103837
>Trump is a goddamn moron
This is a circle jerky meme, just sayin.
>>
Calling people Orwellian is almost as popular as calling them Nazis, how is this different?
>>
>>103743
>Know literally everything there is to know about Trump from day 0 to now
>"T-tax returns!"

Literally what would you even have left to bitch about if he didn't withhold his taxes? You've got his entire business history, his entire media history, his entire sexual history, and god know what other shit.

What, would you be wondering out loud if he was just Putin in a wig? I mean nobody's seen them both in a room together, right?
>>
Obama has been practicing Orwellian policy for the past 8 years.

>>103778
I don't believe it, and even if he does, so what? Having close ties to Russia will be useful when we have to go to war with China and the remains of the EU.
>>
I'm not angry....For the FIRST time in 8 years I feel relaxed, happy, have peace of mind and see the left (much more clearly) for what they really are!
>>
>>103849
We know everything. Sure. His history of outright racism (settled out of court), the various rapes (victims also settled or too afraid to pursue the charges, especially now), Italian mob ties, Russian mob ties, defrauding numerous contractors, and tax fraud. So . .. show the tax returns.
>>103855
He’s too gutless to be accountable; you think he has the balls (or brains) to go to war?
Also, you should read some of Orwell … Obama is way too dull to fit into his stories.
>>
>>103529
The Clinton campaign was far more 1984 than Trump's entire presidency will be, and I'm not saying his presidency is going to be transparent.

The problem a lot of Democrats and "liberals" in general don't understand is that Trump is the result of pushing their somehow even shittier narrative to the extreme, and everybody got fed up with it. People tied our hands and are going to bitch for four years at us because we picked the lesser of two evils.
>>
>>103876
Thank you for Correcting the Record
>>
>>103876
>Obama is way too dull to fit into his stories

>Enforcing Title IX on campuses to deny men accused of sexual harassment or rape any and all due process or presumption of innocence
>Biggest crackdown on whistleblowers ever
>Outright meddling with ongoing FBI investigations because they were targeted at your successor
>Harassment of Tea Party groups by the IRS
>His party officials actively worked against Bernie Sanders in the primary process they were supposed to be neutral in

You Obama cocksuckers are the worst. He was a piece of shit and you all got what's coming to you in the form of Donald Fucking Trump.
>>
>>103890
What utter bullshit. Clinton didn't rewrite the language to have white to mean black or redefine truth to have alternates that are also truth.

You just want to find fault with and blame a Clinton any way you can because you live off the hate. In the absence of meaning in your sad life you hate.
This is what is wrong with American politics and the cesspool it all parties are swimming in.
>>
>>103914
I’ve never even wanted to suck a bbc. And speaking of whistle blowers, he let Private Manning outta jail. And the lyin’ tea party Morons deserved what they got . .. and now they got Donald Fuckin’ Trump, a lyin’ New York Liberal, tellin’ ‘em what to do!. Fuck. Now y’all will get what’s coming to you in the form of Donald Fucking Trump !
(leaf laughing on the way to pick my weeeeed …ha )
>>
>>103917
>>103908
>>
>>103665
I already don't like what he's doing. He's trying to destroy the EPA, and he's cut government funding to NPR and PBS. Plus under him, net neutrality is going to be demolished too.
He's already a shit president.
>>
>>103855
Why would you want to go to war with anyone? Especially the EU and China
>>
>>103960

Mad isn't it?
>>
>>103956
He is PRECEDENT Trump. Soon he will change the spelling and it will always have been spelled the new way, so you may as well get used to it!
>>
Thanks to Trump those feminists will no longer be able to promote their politically correct newspeak.
>>
>>103956
Oh, I'm drowning in your tears right now. Voting for Trump was totally worth it.
>>
>>103639
Honestly this

>>103649
I don't know how people can compare it to Trump the Obama administration was way more Orwellian
>>
>>103956
>the EPA
Didnt they get caught dumping toxic waste like a villian in Captain Planet?

>cut government funding to NPR and PBS
Why do we fund this? Seems kind of out dated. Im sure they make money.
>net neutrality
Assumption. Ive got no reason to believe Trump is anti freedom. Quite the contrary.

Honestly, things are so chill right now. Things are OK.
>>
>>103956
The EPA isn't even constitutional, like most federal agencies nowadays.

Go chop them up and give them to the states where they belong.
>>
>>104135

An environment is the one thing everyone has to share. There's no way to hermetically seal your climate, water, lifeforms and soil from mine.

It should be a matter of global cooperation rather than a matter of national preference, yet we'll be lucky if this administration even makes it a matter of state government.

And when many on the right say it should be a "states rights matter", they don't necessarily mean each state is in charge of deciding its own policy; rather, at least at present, they mean majority rule by states, which currently means red-states' rights.
>>
>>104103
>>Things are OK
…for straight white men (period).

>>104135
Insane. Nature has no borders. Not even the oceans. {That’s why we’re fucked.)
>>
>>104103
>Didnt they get caught dumping toxic waste like a villian in Captain Planet?
No that isn't what happened.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Gold_King_Mine_waste_water_spill
>>
>>104228
Tough shit pal, that's the law and if you don't like it you have to change it, not ignore it.
>>
>>104325
And you’re fucked, too, bro. You can’t argue with nature. Nature knows no laws (except maybe physics) . …
>>
>>104228
paranoia isnt healthy
see a doctor
>>
>>104229
>No that isn't what happened.

From your link
>EPA personnel, along with workers for Environmental Restoration LLC (a Fenton, Missouri, company under EPA contract to mitigate pollutants from the closed mine), caused the release of toxic wastewater when attempting to add a tap to the tailing pond for the mine.

So... yes, that's exactly what happened. They got paid to fix the problem and then made it worse, creating more work for themselves and thus ensuring they get paid more for it.

>hurr wasn't on purpose
You ever see people benefit so much financially from their own incompetence?
>>
>>104082
>I don't know how people can compare it to Trump the Obama administration was way more Orwellian
willful ignorance and arrogance, since they think they are always correct. once they realize they're wrong, they'll just Correct The Record
>>
>>103741
No that's what makes them so funny
>>
>>103746
Yes at least America has a constitution to undermine. In the UK it's more like hurr constitution? we just make it up as we go along
>>
>>104569
The Trump administration hasn't even started yet. Who knows what he might do. Honestly, the recent blatant lies in his press conference should be worrisome.
>>
>>103665
>Something wonderful is happening
Agreed. Americans are reading now.
>>
>>103529
Soylent green is people.
>>
>>104831

We have \[spoiler\] tags for a reason, asshole.
>>
WTFs? wrong with reading books?
>>
>>103788

Yeah, because lying about well-known facts and refusing to speak to the press when confronted about those same lies, is totally appropriate and not a bad sign. Sure mate.
>>
>>104835
It spreads dissent. We must employ a force, firemen maybe, to burn them before it's too late.
>>
>>104372
>doctor I'm paranoid
>have there been any sudden changes in your life
>the president
>anon, I'm paranoid too
>>
>>104228
>…for straight white men
When did /news/ become tumblr? Is this what you anti-/pol/sters wanted? A different flavour of cancerous circlejerk?
>>
>>104892
no, we must send them to the rain jungles of venus
>>
>>105917
>cancerous circlejerk
>/pol/
Good choice of words.

What’s tumblr . ..?
>>
>>103734
We been living under "Brave New World" for some time. Huxley was 100% correct.
>>
>>106406
I mean, it was directly inspired by America in the 1920s. The similarities are only very thinly veiled. That was a world that was already existent, so Huxley's vision of the "future", thereby, was hardly prophetic.
>>
>>104831
Soylent green[/ spoiler] is people.
>>
>>103529
>Orwell's classic dystopian tale of a society in which facts are distorted and suppressed in a cloud of "newspeak"

Just like all the news were spreading lies about Hillary being in the lead with a fucking 98% chance of winning?
>>
>>103529

Oh no, biased news on 4chan. Did the people become retarded as trump got in to office? I imagine a dark cellar where people post the same shitty trump memes and biased news on every board. Eat shit, im not a liberal but if you keep spamming it's obvious you're spewing propaganda to the point when people notice.
>>
This was more applicable under Barack Obama.

Name one thing that happened under him that didn't happen in 1984
>>
>>103845
So if they only select people for said polls define a whole country??

Sound like they only envole people that will help their cause rather than make it about the whole nation
>>
>>107323
Pardoning of a leaker
>>
>>103529
That's pretty funny
The entire world is shifting away from free speech and freedom in favour of safe "terms" and "spaces" yet only the idiot in chief makes everyone thinks of 1984?
Fuck liberals
>>
>>107424
At least some liberals know how to make money.
‘1984,’ the Hot Book of the Trump Era, Is Coming to Broadway

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/03/theater/1984-the-hot-book-of-the-trump-era-is-coming-to-broadway.html?module=WatchingPortal&region=c-column-middle-span-region&pgType=Homepage&action=click&mediaId=thumb_square&state=standard&contentPlacement=10&version=internal&contentCollection=www.nytimes.com&contentId=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2017%2F02%2F03%2Ftheater%2F1984-the-hot-book-of-the-trump-era-is-coming-to-broadway.html&eventName=Watching-article-click&_r=0

>The British producer Sonia Friedman and the American producer Scott Rudin said on Thursday night that they plan to bring a stage adaptation of “1984,” a George Orwell novel published in 1949, to Broadway starting in June.

Don’t you just love/hate it ?
>>
>>103778
>>103752

Cool deflection, Ahmed, wanna bring it to the white house?
>>
remember when that college in the north released a book detailing all the 'alternative' anti-trigger PC words to use instead of the actual words? I remember exactly one news story about it, in which it was suggested that the book was similar to the newspeak dictionary in 1984. Liberals think trump will caused a 1984 world, when 1984 was based on a world in which the left won
>>
>>107404
who got pardoned under obama?
>>
>>108140
Nobody, Manning's sentence was commuted as a political move.
>>
>>108074
The contentious bit of 1984's world was less the new syntax and more authoritarianism + surveillance technology.
>>
>>103529
Dont worry amazon will remove the books from kindles shortly
>>
>cause/correlation shenanigans
you guys know Mein Kampf is still a best seller in Germany, right?
>>
>>108979
Yeah, but not in USA. That would be too obvious but here’s another take on Trump’s America . ..

http://time.com/4659939/the-handmaids-tale-super-bowl-2017-teaser/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/02/07/margaret-atwoods-the-handmaids-tale-is-the-newest-dystopian-novel-to-top-bestseller-lists/?tid=a_inl&utm_term=.a8f94b513e40
>>
>>104144
Global warming is fraudulent "science". Real scientists are open to all possibilities and apply the scientific method, they aren't paid political shills that fabricate data to further their cause.
>>
>>108968
Wew

Cant wait for apple to start disabling iphones bluetooth when people are listening to music not bought on itunes

Anyone else praying for Yellowstone to go off?
>>
>>103665
>Something wonderful is happening and you reject it, why?
You sound like the Hare Krishnas that try to bum money from me in the subway.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.