[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump expands anti-abortion ban to all US global health aid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 800.jpg (66KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
800.jpg
66KB, 800x533px
>President Donald Trump has massively expanded the ban on providing federal money to international family planning groups that perform abortions or provide abortion information to all organizations receiving U.S. global health assistance.

>Trump's spokesman Sean Spicer announced Monday that the ban on family planning funding — which was instituted by GOP President Ronald Reagan in 1984 and has bounced in and out of law between Democratic and Republican administrations — had been reinstituted. But it wasn't until the president's memorandum was published Monday night that the expansion came to light.

>The order directs the secretary of state, in cooperation with the secretary of health and human services, for the first time to extend the requirements in the ban "to global health assistance furnished by all departments or agencies." The ban is known as the Mexico City Policy or Global Gag Rule.

>Suzanne Ehlers, president of Washington-based Population Action International which lobbies in the U.S. and developing countries for women's reproductive health, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that targeting health assistance expands the amount of U.S. funding affected by a magnitude of 15 times and will impact millions and millions of women in low- and middle-income countries.

>U.S. support for family planning currently amounts to about $575 million in 40 countries, she said, while global health assistance totals about $9 billion to about 60 countries.

>Any international organization receiving U.S. funds for health programs will now be required to certify that it does not provide abortion services, counseling, referrals or information or advocate for the liberalization of abortion laws, even with non-U.S. funds. If they don't, their funding will be cut off.

https://apnews.com/40ea2bbdf03f47c4aadbe7b07c2f3fac/Trump-expands-anti-abortion-ban-to-all-US-global-health-aid
>>
This will be forgotten when Trump announces his supreme court pick later this week, who will probably be the deciding vote to overturn the roe vs wade decision.
>>
oh no! abortions is alls I talk about. they get banned, I got nothing to talk aobut!
thepodcaste.com
>>
>>103457
>The American taxpayers no longer pay for the abortions of Americans.
>In fact, let's stop paying for the abortions of everyone!
So is the practice itself outlawed or is it just not payed for by the government anymore?
>>
>>103539
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment
>>
so free. very small government. much constitutional rights.
>>
why do fundies ruin everything
>>
>>103457
>we were paying 9 BILLION just to allow women to be whores for free anywhere they want in the world on the USA's dime

Fuck that shit pay for your own abortion, sluts.
>>
>>103584
Because the Bible tells them so!

>>103590
>muh legislating morality
Fundies were the original SJWs
>>
>>103590
Would you rather pay for more healthcare, public education, welfare, and/or orphanages for children born into low income families that can't get an abortion now?

I don't see any repubtard anti abortionists advocating an increase in spending in any of those areas. Enjoy your increase in criminals and hobos, and the costs related to them in 10 to 20 years when the niglets grow up.

You know, when Trump isn't in office to take the blame anymore. How convenient.
>>
>>103612
This, and now the SJWs are the loonies of the left. I think it's time for the Right wing nuts again, though I'm not too happy about it.
>>
>>103621
Leave it to a pro-dead babiez fag to reduce society and humanity to worthlezznezz.
>>
>>103590
>>103644

>“In 1974, I led the Indian delegation to the World Population Conference in Bucharest, where my statement that ‘development is the best contraceptive’ became widely known and oft quoted. I must admit that 20 years later I am inclined to reverse this, and my position now is that ‘contraception is the best development’.”
>>
>>103457
This seems poorly conceived. Decline in birth rate leads to more development and stability. This is just more stupid ideologically motivated shit.
>>
>>103655

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUspLVStPbk
>>
>anti-abortion ban
>ban on providing federal money to international family planning groups
>>
>>103655
Ok...
>>
>>103457
>anti-abortion funding ban

Stop being misleading OP.
>>
>>103583
>Ban using taxpayer money to subsidize a thing.

>MUH BIG GUB

It's literally a reduction in government spending/affiliation in the lives of citizens.
>>
>>103457
>>103469
>>103893

Seems like it was another chess move and I dont think its targeting the obvious either.

> bans federal funds for overseas abortions
> expands it to cover all overseas healthcare
> targeting family planning specifically, blowing them out of the water

Makes me wonder if its something else these folks do that he's targeting and he's just using this as an excuse to blast them.

He just de-funded Obamacare pretty much sinking it, he didnt need to repeal it to get rid of it.

So there's more than one way to skin a cat.

> what are family planning agencies Also doing besides providing contraception or abortions

> are they involved with Adoption? could they potentially be a front for human trafficking? who would possibly investigate them for that

> obvious public outlets are great fronts to conduct illegal activity because they're not questioned or suspicious
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.