[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trump is attempting to copywrite new phrase for next election

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

File: NEWTRUMP.png (28KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
NEWTRUMP.png
28KB, 600x300px
Keep America Great!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trumps-new-slogan-is-from-the-purge_us_587f928ee4b0cf0ae8810f52
>>
>>103351
Since OP is a giant faggot and expects people to actually click on a huffingtonpost.com link, I'm going to copypaste the article in all its slantted, clickbait glory for him.

>Yes, you have heard the phrase “Keep America Great” before.
>Everyone who thought the Trump campaign was something out of a horror movie, well, you were right.

>In a recent talk with The Washington Post, President-elect Donald Trump halted an interview about the origins of his “Make America Great Again” slogan to trademark a new one. And this one’s a real humdinger.

>From The Washington Post:

>Halfway through his interview with The Washington Post, Trump shared a bit of news: He already has decided on his slogan for a reelection bid in 2020.

>“Are you ready?” he said. “ ‘Keep America Great,’ exclamation point.”

>“Get me my lawyer!” the president-elect shouted.

>Two minutes later, one arrived.

>“Will you trademark and register, if you would, if you like it — I think I like it, right? Do this: ‘Keep America Great,’ with an exclamation point. With and without an exclamation. ‘Keep America Great,’ ” Trump said.

>“Got it,” the lawyer replied.

>“Keep America Great.” It just rolls off the tongue, right? The only problem is, it’s already taken ...

>Yeah, Trump’s new slogan is literally the same exact one used in the fittingly titled horror movie “The Purge: Election Year.”

>(You really can’t make this stuff up.)

>Actually, the movie basically made the slogan as a way to troll Trump. While discussing the film, star Frank Grillo told Comicbook.com:

>>
>“In the beginning when we shot the movie it wasn’t called Purge: Election Year,” Grillo reveals. “Oddly enough, the guy who plays the President in the movie, he plays him like Trump - totally by accident. There’s a lot of parallels between the GOP race and the movie and the messages that are being put forward and then Universal got this great idea to call it Purge: Election Year.”
>And now, the president-elect wants to use the slogan from the film as his own

>Sad. Just sad.

>For those unfamiliar with the franchise, “The Purge” movies are about one night a year when all crime is legal. You can murder, steal and even shoot a gun on Fifth Avenue without repercussion. So yeah, that’s not really instilling confidence in the next four years.

>Yeah, we said that.

>Though, you can’t forget that Mr. Trump wanted to add an exclamation to the end of his slogan, which makes it super different.

>Just look:

>“Keep America Great” vs. “Keep America Great!”

>Way more excitement. Way more fantastic.

>Unfortunately, since Trump’s new tagline is technically already taken (by a movie that seemingly pokes fun at him), the president-elect may look elsewhere. For Mr. Trump’s reference, here are some other slogans that have been used before:

>1. “Who will survive and what will be left of them?” from Texas Chainsaw Massacre

>Hmm ... who will survive? Good question. Not this slogan, though. Sorry, ”The Texas Chainsaw Massacre” already called dibs. (Bryanston Pictures)

>2. ”When there’s no more room in Hell, the dead will walk the Earth.”

>The dead will have to just walk somewhere else. America is building a wall and this slogan is on the other side with ”Dawn of the Dead.” (United Film Distribution Company)

God it's so horrible. It just goes on like this. You get the point, no need to continue copypasting. OP you might as well have just posted the original WaPo article.
>>
>Keep America Great

Has to make it great first.
>>
>>103367
Which he wont.
>>
>>103351
> Huff Post
Don't care.
>>
>>103369

Better then Obama did, he took a giant crap on America now trump has to clean up the mess Obama left him.
also
>Huffington post
>not saging
>>
>>103376
So...What exactly did Obama do to ruin the US?
>>
>>103376
Fucking kek. So is this what you're going to say for the next 4-8 years? "b-b-but, it's Obamas mess!! This man is making America great and running in to OBUMMER road blocks!".

Nope. Hillary and Obama are both irrelevant now, it's time to take responsibility, and that burden is on all of us when we inevitably get burned (see cabinet picks)
>>
>>103376

>Obama given a massive economic shitstorm by GWB
>it took literally 8 years to fix it, got everyone to pay back their bailouts
>given a two wars
>shuts down one only to be given another as a direct result, gets blamed for yet another in Libya despite it being a French-led project (HON HON HON)
>finally kills bin Laden
>the ACA (also known as Obamacare, or more accurately, Romenycare) is a trainwreck because Republicans won't let him just do government-run medical like every other 1st world nation, but at least it's slightly better than before (but not perceived as such because costs are still rising, just not as fast)

>OBAMA RUINED EVERYTHING
>>
>>103351
Maybe he can change the American definition of precedent to be more in line with his way of seeing reality.

Make America Greater with Precedent Trump!

with exclamation point!!!
>>
>>103380
B--b-but it's Bush's mess! This man is making America great and running into GWB roadblocks!
>>
>>104825
It literally was Bush's mess though. The Iraq War, The economic downturn, the housing bubble, the signing of the Status of Forces agreement with Iraq which created ISIS... Bush did all of those things or they happened on his watch.
>>
>>103421
> precedent to be more in line with his way of seeing reality

It would be inline with the general principal of American exceptionalism.

Why not be a exception to the English language as well?
>>
>>103401
>economy fixes itself, over time
WOW OBAMA FIXED THE ECONOMY
>obamas administration basically overthrows 1 government & put islamists in power and buys cheap oil from them
>and tries to overthrow a second, again trying to install islamist state in power but fails, and creates a war which rages for years, funding both the "moderate rebels" and islamists
HURR OBAMA GOT DRAGGED TO THEM WARS IT WASNT HIS FAULT
>gets a nobel peace price for "reducing the number of nuclear weapons" or something --- by changing the definition of what "nuclear weapon" means
WOW OBAMA IS SO GREAT
>>
>>103379
He divided the people and the government more than ever before.

You might not see this, but Obama was constantly insulting republicans, christians, and Americans.
>>
>>103421
>Precedent Trump!
Is this supposed to be like the drumpf thing

You never learn
>>
>>104826
tbf the housing bubble was Bill's legacy. I'm with you on the rest of that post tho
>>
>>104878
Blow it out your ass, retard. Obama is a devout Christian, this is well known. And if stating the obvious - that the republicans refused to work with him on anything, even if it was their idea - is an insult, than yes he insulted Republicans. His entire second term can be described as one big case of Republican butthurt.
>>
>>104868
>overthrows 1 government & put islamists in power and buys cheap oil from them
Try to think of one president post 1950 that has not done this. It's an American past time.
>>
>>104888
"This is well known" you act like there is some reliable source for facts on this issue.

Did politifact tell you he's a devout christian? Or was it CNN?

Of course, there isn't. We are talking sentiments and innuendo here. When American Christians hear Obama denigrating Chistianity and gun toting republicans, its divisive.

Its the president's job to unite a country and ge FAILED. He encouraged the riots for fucks, sake.

Fuck your dishonest shit man. You don't live in reality.

>if i had a son, hed look like trayvon
>they cling to their bibles and their guns

I could go on. He was a divisive asshole who could not rise to the occassion.
>>
>>104898
>it's okay because others did it too!!!!
>>
>>104901
Here is some of his remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast in 2014, from Whitehouse.gov
>Thank you. Well, good morning. Giving all praise and honor to God
>Our job is not to ask that God respond to our notion of truth -- our job is to be true to Him, His word, and His commandments. And we should assume humbly that we’re confused and don’t always know what we’re doing and we’re staggering and stumbling towards Him, and have some humility in that process
>As children of God, let’s work to end injustice -- injustice of poverty and hunger. No one should ever suffer from such want amidst such plenty. As children of God, let’s work to eliminate the scourge of homelessness, because, as Sister Mary says, “None of us are home until all of us are home.” None of us are home until all of us are home.
As children of God, let’s stand up for the dignity and value of every woman, and man, and child, because we are all equal in His eyes, and work to send the scourge and the sin of modern-day slavery and human trafficking, and “set the oppressed free.”
>If we are properly humble, if we drop to our knees on occasion, we will acknowledge that we never fully know God’s purpose. We can never fully fathom His amazing grace. “We see through a glass, darkly” -- grappling with the expanse of His awesome love. But even with our limits, we can heed that which is required: To do justice, and love kindness, and walk humbly with our God.
>May the Lord bless you and keep you, and may He bless this precious country that we love.
If you are such a lazy asshole that you cannot do a quick google search to know he was raised by Christian parents, and attended service at St John's Episcopal Church until the reverend started spewing racial shit, then you have no right to make up bold faced lies. Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>104903
>It was okay when Reagan did it, but Obama's black so it's wrong!
It's standard operating procedure. You'll be clapping your ass off when Trump does it.
>>
>>104904
Obama is pro-abortion.

Actions speak louder thsn words.

Are you really unaware that American politicians pretend to be religious for votes?
>>
>>104908
Just because he's not a conservative evangelical doesn't me he's not Christian. Are you really unaware that you're just grasping at straws?
>>
>>104901
>He encouraged the riots for fucks, sake
What utter bullshit! Where do you get your "facts"? There is no evidence that he ever encouraged people to riot. People did that shit on their own (and should face the consequences).

>He was a divisive asshole
He was divisive by default because people like you already hated him and had abandoned any trace of rationality/critical thinking. Whatever he did you would interpret it through your distorted frame of reference.
>>
>>104919
>There is no evidence that he ever encouraged people to
When people were rioting he gave a speech and said that the rioters were justified.

Which is wrong, because they were protesting a myth. Police do not target blacks, its tge opposite when it comes to police shootings. Obama knows this, with all the information he has access to.

Thats encouraging rioting. They were even rioting after the police were cleared of all charges. Still, he pretends the rioters are protesring injustice.

This is not my frame of reference here. It's ehat happened.
>>
>>104910
>christians can be pro-abortion

Ohhhhhhhh
Nah
>>
>>104926
>This is not my frame of reference here
Your contention is still wrong. He may have supported the right of people to be upset and to protest but that IS NOT THE SAME as encouraging riots.
>>
>>104927
Thanks for playing the game, retard.
>>
>>104927
I know many Christians who are pro-choice.
Perhaps your experience is limited to a narrow part of Christianity.
>>
>>104931
The protests were synonymous with riots. They were the same group of people. Over and over we saw this happen.

By encouraging "protestors" (we've been over this, the protestors were WRONG to protest, and the president's job is to say that) he was encouraging riots. The entire protests were a farce and created by special interests.

Not to mention that he failed to explicitly denegrage the rioters. He let that shit happen.

Watch some idiots try that shit when Trump is in charge. You'll see how a responsible leader behaves.

>>104932
>>104934
Oh ok. I guess people that dont follow christianity are christians.

Youre doubly retarded because the person I replied to said actually DEVOUT Christian. Lying sacks of shit.
>>
>>104937
Point me to the Bible passage that says that pro-abortion is unchristian.
>>
>>104938
The bible regards unborn babies as babies.

Do you really think that abortion is christian?

Who did you think was anti-abortion, then?

Do you think that acting ignorant is a clever debate tactic?
>>
>>104951
Taking as an authority bronze age writings from a people who knew fuck all about science, conception, probability.
Taking as authority verses written as poetry and not codified doctrine.
>>
>>104991
I'm jainish but ok.
>>
>>103359
>“Oddly enough, the guy who plays the President in the movie, he plays him like Trump - totally by accident.
yes
what a coincidence
>>
Alleged child sex predator Peter Scully dealt legal blow as police apprehend key witness

http://www.smh.com.au/world/child-sex-predator-peter-scully-dealt-legal-blow-as-police-apprehend-key-witness-20170128-gu0ikg.html
>>
>>103351
What type of article companys I should avoid?
>>
>>104951
The Bible has passages on how to conduct an abortion and encourages abortion in the case of adultery
>>
>>104937
Divorce is forbidden in Christianity, so I guess all protestants are not Christians? Neither is Trump then, too
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.